• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

HELP! Can I take my hydrocodone after dissolving suboxone under my tongue 6 hours ago

Brooki_cookie

Bluelighter
I dissolved suboxone as one shoulld erlier and now I am wondering if I can take my hydocodone? I am going through withdrawls because my insurance company is taking days to prior authorize my butrans patches that ive been on for years. I take hydro 10mg 4 x a day for breakthrough pain. Does the nalaxone even do anything if you don't try to abuse? My body is used to bupe and hydro at the same time.

also if i take two hydro's now and start to feel like crap later can i dissolve more suboxone without any issues?

I'm surprised you can feel the hydro through the bupe. You can try to take the hydro for your withdrawal but the bupe might just block it. You say you normally take bupe and hydro?

Yes. I am prescribed 15mcg butrans patches and 10mg hydro 4x a day. I take two in the am and two in the early evening around 5 or 6pm. I just took two hydros and i kinda have goosebumps. But my spine is cracking and it feels good. Idk I hope i didnt make a mistake! I don't care if i don't feel anything I just don't want precip withdrawls. At my dose of the patch i can still feel the hydros. sometimes not as much it depends on the day. But whats weird is before my chest felt tight and now it doesnt. Though i still really have no desire to eat and i'm a type 1 diabetic. I'm frustarted beyond with my insurance company and pain management doc! I texted the manager bc I have her number that i'm in withdrawls and can the doc prescribe something until hopefully the insurance company re approves my patches. and she said he said no....and if i'm that sick go to the er. This whole thing is bs on so many levels. As i'm typing this the chills are subsiding i think.

Only reason I have some suboxone sublingual film is from a friend who gave them to me randomly a year ago. Idk if later i will start to feel sick again and once i do should i be ok to dissolve 2mg under my tongue? All i have left are two 4mg squares. Was going to cut one in half.

Brooki, I'm sorry to see that you're having to play the insurance game. I've found through experience that human kindness and the nature of Pharmacy/Insurance are difficult to reconcile. In short, nobody gives a flying fuck that you rolled around all night without sleep in a cold sweat. It's just a few days right? I know, it's quite the bitch indeed and there is not any kind of "emergency" supply when dealing with Opioids and other high schedule substances.

Basically, there is not much that we can do for you. It gives me great pain to say that, but it sounds like you are just entering the phase of withdrawal in which you begin to contemplate any and all avenues of getting well, rapid fire without giving any of them considerable thought.

Nobody knows how you truly react to these medications. It's a completely subjective experience and to further complicate things, Buprenorphine/Full-Agonist Opioid combinations are rare for obvious reasons. Buprenorphine would, in theory, block the effects of the Hydrocodone, but I assume you and your croaker are dancing on the line between synergy and complete antagonism.

You can only do what you think will best help with what you have at hand. We are here to support you in any way you might need, but this is not something that can be answered with any kind of precision. We will never get any closer than "...this may or may not happen...".

True. I really appreciate the support here as well. I know everyone can react to things differently. For me the butrans and hydro combo with nsaids helps my pain but i also have been having worse pain latley. I have low red blood cells and a severly swollen hip. They want to run tests bc i bruise so easily all over my legs and My pain is bone pain, swelling, scoliosis, spinal stenosis, facet arthrosis, two herniated discs all in the lumbar sacral spine. bursitis of my shoulder, knee issues, jaw bone pain. Upper back pain and lower back pain/pressure.

I pray i can fill my patches tommorrow and my insurance approves them again. I might vape some indica to help. Anyones prayers for this situation would be much appreciated. Everyone is heartless nowadays. Because of my 5 years in chronic pain and it not being controlled as of recently I have had awful thoughts. I have made an appointment to see a therapist.
Mainly i just am confused by the nalaxone in the sub. If that will even cause me precip withdrawls if i take more later if i start feeling worse?

Yeah taking more won't be a problem.

True. I really appreciate the support here as well. I know everyone can react to things differently. For me the butrans and hydro combo with nsaids helps my pain but i also have been having worse pain latley. I have low red blood cells and a severly swollen hip. They want to run tests bc i bruise so easily all over my legs and My pain is bone pain, swelling, scoliosis, spinal stenosis, facet arthrosis, two herniated discs all in the lumbar sacral spine. bursitis of my shoulder, knee issues, jaw bone pain. Upper back pain and lower back pain/pressure.

I pray i can fill my patches tommorrow and my insurance approves them again. I might vape some indica to help. Anyones prayers for this situation would be much appreciated. Everyone is heartless nowadays. Because of my 5 years in chronic pain and it not being controlled as of recently I have had awful thoughts. I have made an appointment to see a therapist.
Mainly i just am confused by the nalaxone in the sub. If that will even cause me precip withdrawls if i take more later if i start feeling worse?

This link may help you to better understand PWD and what exactly causes it.
http://www.naabt.org/documents/NAABT_PrecipWD.pdf

Once you start going over 2-3 mg of bupe in a 24 hour period it will substantially lessen the effects of the lortab. Your hydro is prescribed with the patch because the doses of bupe are low enough that they do not completely outcompete the hydrocodone.

You are talking about taking 2mg of bupe and expressing a concern about Naloxone. This makes me think you are also using Suboxone as butran patches are bupe only. Once you get into the higher doses of Buprenorphine the drug begins to block all other opioids.

Naloxone has nothing to do with the blocking effect. The blocking capabilities of Suboxone manifests from the buprenorphine. Naloxone is not obsorbed sublingually nor orally.

not so good. feel like puking and my anxiety is high. I pray my ptaches get approved today before the weekend. I don't know if i should take 2mg of suboxone under my tongue or two hydro's. Or do it like i did yesterday. suboxone first hydros later. idk

Thank you for your input. Yes i stated that i had a suboxone from a long time ago that someone gave me. That I am prescribed the patches and havn't been able to fill them because of my insurance. I'm just trying to keep stable for long and short acting since my body is used to both bupe and hydro. But in essence you are saying it dooesnt matter if i take the sub before or after taking hydro as its nothing to do with the nalaxone. Its just bc bupe is a partial agonist.

Dave this article was very helpful. I always thought this but everyone always but worry into me about the nalaxone...My butrans patches have to get approved today! Everyone eho cares to please say prayers or send positive vibes my way. I am waiting to hear from the doctors office. I called them and left a message.

so does the order in which i dose the suboxone and hydro matter. do i need to take the sub first? Or can i take hydro's and then a small dose 2mg or lower of suboxone film? all i have left are two 4mg squares.

Hi Brook,
Like a mod previously said, we can't exactly tell you what to do or whats going to happen from your combination of meds, this being a result based on your specific body chemistry ect.

That being said, the suboxone film you have is much stronger than the hydrocodone, as you know suboxone specifically is made for people going through through heroin withdrawl (i personally take a dosage of 8 mg of plain buprenorphine daily).

Probably the worst thing that can happen from your combination of hydrocodone and naloxone/bup is for the hydro to not work because it can't get purchase on your receptor sites. Since the nalaxone is metabolized by first-pass-metabolism, it really isn't in the picture any more by the time the sub enters your bloodstream. so you should just have the buprenorphine and the hydrocodone metabolite fighting over your receptors, in which case of all those chemicals the only one I would really care about if i was sick would be the Buprenorphine.

So why not take the bup until you start to feel better and save the hydrocodone for an emergency instead of playing demolition derby with the bup and hydro? Buprenorphrine is stronger and has a much longer life so youi won't need to dose as many times.

As for precipitated withdraw from pure bupe (which is what you are dealing with blood-serum wise taking those strips orally), I have never heard of that happening when a person is already experiencing withdraw, only when they transfer too quickly between another opiod and buprenorphrine (for example from methadone to bup without waiting to go into withdraw first) this has to do with the higher affinity buprenorphrine has for the same receptor sites causing a stripping of receptors. this isn't a problem if you have open receptors (like when you're sick).

and no order doesn't matter. Because of bup's higher affinity to receptors the hydrocodone will just "fill in the cracks" so to speak. if you take enough bup, you won't even feel the hydro like everyone before me has noted.

Take everything with a grain of salt, use caution, and make your own decisions, and we'll be waiting to hear back -- good luck.

Last edited:
if you took 5 milligrams of methadone in the beginning of the day and at the end of the day would it be possible to use opiates or does the methadone block the receptors like subs

Brooki, I think you need contact urgent care or an emergency department. At the ED they deal with requests for Opioid medication from legitimate patients all the time, but Opioid withdrawal is not typically seen as a condition requiring urgent treatment by the medical community. However, I have found in what I would call "extensive" experience "in the field", that many of these MD's have a line at which they will budge and say, "Okay, maybe Brooki's been through enough and this is clearly not a fault of her own". This only holds true if you don't bullshit them in any way.

Yes. I am prescribed 15mcg butrans patches and 10mg hydro 4x a day. I take two in the am and two in the early evening around 5 or 6pm. I just took two hydros and i kinda have goosebumps. But my spine is cracking and it feels good. Idk I hope i didnt make a mistake! I don't care if i don't feel anything I just don't want precip withdrawls. At my dose of the patch i can still feel the hydros. sometimes not as much it depends on the day. But whats weird is before my chest felt tight and now it doesnt. Though i still really have no desire to eat and i'm a type 1 diabetic. I'm frustarted beyond with my insurance company and pain management doc! I texted the manager bc I have her number that i'm in withdrawls and can the doc prescribe something until hopefully the insurance company re approves my patches. and she said he said no....and if i'm that sick go to the er. This whole thing is bs on so many levels. As i'm typing this the chills are subsiding i think.

Only reason I have some suboxone sublingual film is from a friend who gave them to me randomly a year ago. Idk if later i will start to feel sick again and once i do should i be ok to dissolve 2mg under my tongue? All i have left are two 4mg squares. Was going to cut one in half.

Just out of interest what so you mean your chest feels less tight is their anything else like you cant feel breathing sensation as much because this has been happening to me(the chest thing) but I dont take subs or anythings