• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos help, benzo taper

JM357

Bluelighter
I know I posted a couple times but I went off the deep end again. I have been using benzos in high doses for 2 weeks. F-lam (30mgs), etizolam, diclazapam. I have like 50 mgs of diclaz left.

I've heard different stories on how long it takes to become addicted. Wikipedia says about 4 weeks on average. But that would be at theraputic doses.

Can I taper off with 50mgs of diclaz? (if it is dispensed). Would I go into bad withdrawal at this point?

Thank you.

you are gonna go into WD no matter what you do
the whole reason behind a taper is to make it not so shitty but understand its gonna be a shitty ride no matter what
if done correctly at worst you will be uncomfortable nothing to deter you away from following through
the physical pain will subside but you will be battling the mental wd ...the scenario most likely youll encounter
is extreme anxiety or something similar that youll wanna give up and say fuck this and take more but dont do it

this is gonna be a turtle race also take it slow and again if done correctly you can taper off

will it be severe after 2 weeks?
depends on your genetics honestly i cant tell you how long or how much wd youll exp
thing is never under estimate that shit
it could be very minor WD if only 2 weeks worth , i reckon some crazy rebound anxiety but again i dont know

in all honesty start cutting back little each time you dose and assess how you feel
if you need a bit extra but still under what you would normal take take it
then again cut back little by little

for example if you take 100mg of something next dose take 99mg and see how you feel if good the next dose 98 mg and so on
even taking a mere .25mg less is always a good thing

sorry for all the edits im trying to do some coding at the same time lol

dont be afraid of the WD that alone can cause some crazy anxiety if the taper is done correctly it wont kill its gonna be more annoying than anything

Last edited:
I also do have like 30 gabapentin for the end of the taper, will that help?

I also do have like 30 gabapentin for the end of the taper, will that help?

gabapentin tolerance build rather quickly and the WD to that also is pretty bad
no sense on dropping one habit just to get onto another one youll just put yourself right back where you didnt want to be in the first place

if i were you i would get with a real doc not a corner store doc that has a strong background in these types of meds and get a game plan going and follow it
there is a way out just have to find it

Last edited:
Same as last time, do a little bit maths and work out a gradual taper from what you have left.

Do not, I repeat, do not just jump off cold turkey.

Thanks- the 50 mg is sort of an estimate based on what is in the bottle. I think I am going to try 3mgs day1 and 2, 2.5 days 3 and 4, 2 5 and 6, 1.5 7,8,9, 1.25 10,11,12; 1 13,14,15 then .25 every three days. I know I have more than that but am planning in case I need more.

took 3mgs (I think, those droppers can be tricky at most 3.5 mgs) and only slept 5 hours but other than that not too bad. Not so bad anxiety. I am low on bupe and think that may actually have more to do with any negatives I am having (normally take 6-8mgs a day now it is like 5-6mgs).

took 2.5 mgs last night- earlier (had been having trouble falling asleep but had been dosing at like 3 am, so I dosed at 10pm instead- I figure it takes a bit to kick in). Slept off and on but that is nothing unusual and was up for a couple hours at night. Problem is now I'm feeling like I'm not really having any major WDs and I have a bit left (probably 30mgs) and am tempted to take more (also people around me have been fucked up but I have no cash till tuesday (my wife may come home with some somas and kpins (another benzo- I know, should avoid but fuck when it is the only thing around!). Also stress going on around me, it is hard. But I'm thinking if I taper to 2, 1.5, 1, 0.5, 0.25 then wait a few days maybe I can take a dose. And I've thought about "well, I could order more tuesday maybe" but they really aren't euphoric anymore (basically benzos only seem euphoric to me if there is like none/little in me and suddenly I put some in).

But physically not bad- more worried about my suboxone actually. Appointment on the 30th and will have 3 8s left at around 5-6pm. I've been injecting them now to make them more effective (to me 1mg injected is like 6 under the tongue but only lasts a few hours (I actually can get high if I have been shooting after like 6 hours after the last shot (or less)). But then I'm probably switching to the methadone clinic in like 10 days (sister who is a nurse practitioner said due to my back, which she looked at the MRI's, it could be helpful although once daily dosing is far from ideal for pain- but if I was stable (clean urines) for 6 months or so at the clinic, and got my dose to around 60mgs (would prob go up to 80 the first month, maintain that a month, then drop 20-30mgs over 4 months) I could likely get on pain management due to my back.

If they still run the clinic like they used to the testing there is a joke- unmonitored urines (no running the water only rule) so people just bring in urine with methadone in it and use hand warmers (and they tell you the day before you have the test). May have changed though. Even if there is no way around it I actually used to be able to take my adderall on 80-90mgs of methadone.