• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants HELP ADVICE

Joycez

Bluelighter
Do you think I can still smoke meth even if my stomach is hurting?

I’ve been using everyday for the past two and a half months. I share with my boyfriend an 8ball every week, except the last two weeks cause I’m trying to cut down & quit. But towards the last week I was forced to go cold turkey cause I ended up getting gallstones. I got a blood test done and my liver enzymes were high and my blood flow was low. I haven’t been smoking for the past four days now and I really want to. This is the second day my stomach hasn’t been hurting because of my eating. Should I try smoking again??

Absolutely not. Gallstones can become an emergency pretty quickly and the last thing you need is going to the hospital for the gallstones and being full of meth. Plus the meth might mask the pain of the gallstones and you won’t realise how bad thy are getting.

Gallstones sound not too serious - but the pain from them can be incredible and they have to come out.

You said you are trying to cut down and quit - sounds like gallstones good excuse to start doing that.

Sorry to be so negative and direct: but I’ve had gallstones and used meth.

Absolutely not. Gallstones can become an emergency pretty quickly and the last thing you need is going to the hospital for the gallstones and being full of meth. Plus the meth might mask the pain of the gallstones and you won’t realise how bad thy are getting.

Gallstones sound not too serious - but the pain from them can be incredible and they have to come out.

You said you are trying to cut down and quit - sounds like gallstones good excuse to start doing that.

Sorry to be so negative and direct: but I’ve had gallstones and used meth.

Completely understand. I was using everyday a few times a day before I started showing symptoms. After the third day I barely can withheld the pain and finally my bf forced me to call the doctors. I stopped using four days ago in case i might need surgery (should know by Friday but sounds like it) I feel so bad cause my withdrawals are awful when it comes to aggression and so I wanted to smoke a tiny bit to help or even have one last session of being high after my surgery

I feel so bad cause my withdrawals are awful when it comes to aggression and so I wanted to smoke a tiny bit to help or even have one last session of being high after my surgery

Meth is not physically addictive - only psychologically - hang in there another day or two and you’ll feel much better. The first 3-4 days are the worst. Can you get any benzos? They’ll calm you down and help with the aggression you are feeling.

Meth is not physically addictive - only psychologically - hang in there another day or two and you’ll feel much better. The first 3-4 days are the worst. Can you get any benzos? They’ll calm you down and help with the aggression you are feeling.
Trading one addiction for another imo is not what OP needs. Yes some people can use benzo for what they are intended for, but off label usage to treat someone who’s suffering an addiction or dependence is not something I think anyone in the harm reduction world would intelligently confirm. I see your point, but with benzos being highly addictive and some would agree more so then meth. I’d recommend the OP, try to get off by getting lots of rest and hydration, id recommend tyrosine and 5htp to help restore those neurotransmitters. But I’m not a doctor and anything I or anyone else says should be followed up with a health care physician. Albeit I don’t trust many doctors, and if OP doesn’t as well. I’d recommend them doing research into amino acid therapy along with getting vital nutrients and basically deal with it until it’s over. I’d hate to see someone just go from one vice to the other like I have for the past few years

Good point. I didn’t really think it through and was presuming OP might just take some benzos for 1-2 days until worst of comedown over. But yes, if being totally clean is the aim then better to ride it out naturally as you suggest. It won’t last long.

I don’t really do downers. I tried heroin and I had withdrawals on after using twice. (Smoking once & then IV) puked violently. But yeah and pepto and stuff never did anything for me.

I disagree that meth doesn’t have physical withdrawal symptoms. Because if you’re not taking care of yourself, losing too much weight, malnutrition, etc. affects you and when you don’t have stimulets tohelp all those feelings and pain are worse :(

I disagree that meth doesn’t have physical withdrawal symptoms. Because if you’re not taking care of yourself, losing too much weight, malnutrition, etc. affects you and when you don’t have stimulets tohelp all those feelings and pain are worse :(
Those are all symptoms of malnutrition and exhaustion, not withdrawals. It's cause and effect.
Meth is not physically addictive the way alcohol or heroin or benzos are.
Your body wants nothing to do with it either way.

I don’t really do downers. I tried heroin and I had withdrawals on after using twice. (Smoking once & then IV) puked violently.

There is a big difference between IV heroin and say 10 mg of valium to get you through a meth comedown. But as discussed replacing one drug with another may not be a viable strategy for you. It's been a few days since the OP, how are you feeling? Seem like you are over the worst of it now?

BTW - that puking from using heroin a few times was not withdrawal. It was a total lack of tolerance. Same thing happened to me everytime I tried using heroin - my body just reacts violently against it. Lot's of people are like that.