• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Hell's Angels Not Feeling Legalization in Canada

GreenMiley

Greenlighter
So the Hell's Angels are protesting the Canadian government's new focus on legalizing marijuana, citing that it will deal too heavy a blow to the livelihood of organized crime. I can understand their concern but what a way to sell it to the government!

I guess its time to take a page from the playbook of their brethren in the USA and start selling meth, then...

Salutations GreenMiley,

...I can understand their concern...

Lets wait until November 4th, then we'll see what happens next.

...Hell's Angels... ...marijuana... ...what a way to sell it to the government!

M'well, such juxtaposition might send a negative image through traditional media, doesn't it? Indeed maybe it will "help" if MiniPET decides to get tougher on anything else other than consumption and "incidental" possession, as announced just before the elections day... I mean, for all i know i might become a cannabic "criminal" myself considering my possession profile rarely corresponds to Trudeau's exceptions i'm afraid! ... Whatever! I'd bet curing alone exceeds the "incidental" limit anyway, so lets just watch & see.

Good day, have fun!! =D

seems like a strange argument to make when that is the exact argument many politicians and people are making who are pro legalization

Duh, it's satire. Elsewhere on that site, "Elton John: “I Lost My Virginity to Camilla Parker-Bowles at Age 18″

That said, I know some people in the marijuana business, particularly outside of California (due to exports from California elsewhere becoming big business) must have been quite upset about Prop 19 passing, because it was messing with their livelihood ...

I've read also the cartels are all up in arms about it, as so much of their income from drugs actually comes from weed. I can't remember the figure but it was over half, making it their main cash cow with the exception of metals.

Why don't the governments use it to turn these guys from criminals into a useful transport operation. They could continue delivering packages but paid through the books, they would surely be a secure transport service, if they were organised enough - which most crime syndicates are.

The funny thing about this is; it's virtually impossible for me to buy weed illegally. I'm older, and if I hang around a high school, I'll look like the guy selling drugs or trying to pick up high school girls. Same thing with hanging around a 7-11. And I don't bother going to bars any more.

So I get my weed from Health Canada companies at the moment (God I hate that, I really do), or a caregiver who is still legally growing.

@Sid No, the government shouldn't use these people at all. We want to drive them out of business, not supplement them in any way, shape or form.

@ SKL Illegal or guerilla growers will hopefully be allowed to participate in legal growing and distribution following a minimal vetting system (no violent crime background and/or etc with regard to other crimes).

@Egzoset The likelihood is that I will end up being a Cannabic criminal once the specific details of 'consumption and possession' removal from the criminal code
are announced. Maybe not. I'll just have to wait and see. I haven't sold and am never going to; but the straw that will break my camel's back would be the inability to legally personally cultivate. I already went through that with Harper and stopped once. Don't know if I'd be willing to stop again if I restart.

Tom

@Egzoset The likelihood is that I will end up being a Cannabic criminal once the specific details of 'consumption and possession' removal from the criminal code
are announced. Maybe not. I'll just have to wait and see. I haven't sold and am never going to; but the straw that will break my camel's back would be the inability to legally personally cultivate. I already went through that with Harper and stopped once. Don't know if I'd be willing to stop again if I restart.

Tom

Yeah that's what I'm thinking as well, they're going to fuck it up. HA would never work with the gov't, that would defeat the purpose of being a 1%er. They may be a bunch of rednecks but they're definitely right about mistrusting the gov't. The gov't is a fair-weather friend at best, so any promises or "guarantees" should be treated as the bullshit open-ended contracts they are.

To be clear, I don't agree with legalization at all. I don't think anyone should have to go to a store and buy from a clerk a plant they could literally grow in their backyard or balcony without issue. It's purely a tax grab, which is why they're going to restrict growing your own out of uhhh "safety" reasons, so you have no option but to buy from the store and pay the tax. Just watch what happens, I bet it turns out like this.

D'oh, SKL is right. It's satire. I fell for it because I kept seeing it on other sites throughout the day and didn't really think to check. My bad!

the good thing about satire is that it still reflects real issues even when the facts are [loosely] fabricated ;)

Salutations ThujOne,

...they're going to fuck it up.

That's quite an efficient way to word it, i can't but wish to second that formulation!

I don't think anyone should have to go to a store and buy from a clerk a plant they could literally grow in their backyard or balcony without issue.

Weird logic indeed while their own goodies will most likely display with a price-tag which organized crime itself would actually welcome!...

;)

Then lets not forget Justin MiniPET Trudeau wants our identity cards before anything else, to "protect" our children, so he claims!

Anyone remembers about what his father's son managed to declare on prime-time national French-speaking TV in February last year (*)?

I'll translate:

Lepage --> So you want to nationalize?
Trudeau --> No, we want to legiferate and control so people must show their ID cards...

:p

As a matter of fact every single time i heard our new PM talking to Québecers when it counted most he sounded like he was trying to put sufficient distance between him and "Marie-Wouana" to remain an option for his bigot anti-cannabic voter base IMO. M'well, if the Liberals could just cut subsidizing police doing harm and make them serve sandwiches to flesh-and-bones hungry children instead, euh... Stop profiling minorities, harrassing aboriginals, etc., etc... Oh my... Day-dreaming again...

8)

Good day, have fun!! =D

Salutations ;) I didn't hear about the identity cards but that's definitely a step backwards. I believe that is how the LCBO operated prior to the 80s (or 70s?) where the sale of alcohol was tracked, of course it was all due to Puritanism. Ontario is still a bastion of the Puritanical "WASPs" who insist on Byzantine regulation of every sin industry even when it hurts the economy and opens the door for worse corruption than a truly free market would inherently allow.

@thujone, @Egzoset: Requiring an ID card would be the straw for this camel (metaphor?) that breaks the back. One reason I don't like to buy from Health Canada is that I am uncomfortable with the government knowing how much I smoke (whoa, cut back there dude, you're addicted) or how little I smoke (hey, you're not using the 45g a month you're allowed, so we're cutting your allowance to 24g a month). Caregiver/grower doesn't tell the government what I buy/use, or what strains, or form, etc.

If I get carded even at my age every time I go into a store and buy, then the government knows exactly what I've bought. That makes me very queasy.

You can definitely count me on attending on any and every public hearing that I can snd constantly contacting my MP.

Tom

Salutations ThujOne,
Salutations Thomas,

...identity cards... ...sin industry...

Requiring an ID card would be the straw for this camel...

If at least the underlying motivations behind such targeted stigmatization were rationally based on knowledge and good faith, but no...

Better luck with bigot anti-cannabic stigma next time i guess, last night on TV mom Trudeau herself simply couldn't help it but stirr more controversy of her own @ 9:50...

CBC: Margaret Trudeau on Justin, Pierre - and that hair (2015-Oct-30)

« I... We know from science that just smoke pot before 18 it's very dangerous to your brain. »

Really?? M'well, decidedly since Queen Victoria it turns out Children & Science proved to be real convenient for those who must satisfy their urge to victimize/demonize people over a taste for cannabis. In any case i notice no statistics were provided to support her "logic", on national TV...

:p

I figure anything goes trying to sell a new book, after all!... :|

...addicted...

A favourite argument.

8)

...uncomfortable with the government knowing...

Considering multiple past/documented abuse occurances that's only normal/appropriate if not just wealthy Canadian behaviour, which i happen to share!...

Good day, have fun!! =D

I thought it was real at first too because I kept looking for "the Onion" and didn't see it.