• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hello, I'm new and have some concern.

Cursed1

Greenlighter
I'm not sure where to place my concern. I did something very stupid the other day. I had saved up some of my cottons from shooting up heroin and I let them soak in a baggie overnight to get the residue off and shot it up to help with slight withdrawals. I've done this many times before without any problems but this time was different, I got very sick. I did research it online and came across something called cotton fever. I read that it only lasts a couple of hours to 24 hours but I'm on day 3 of something. The first day I had the common symptoms of cotton fever, migraine, fever, shivering/freezing, horrible spine pain, and organs hurting I took an antibiotic and went to sleep. Yesterday day 2 I woke up ok but then at about midnight I started to feel very strange. It started after I rubbed my neck, I got very light headed so I took a antibiotic cause I thought symptoms were coming back and 10 minutes later I went crazy. I just kept walking in circles for 2 hours and I couldn't stand anyone talking to me. My husband asked if I was ok and it did something to me to where I kicked the garbage over from stress of him just asking me. At this point I had to go outside cause I felt like I couldn't breathe, I felt like I was having a panic attack but it for sure wasn't a panic attack. It's day 3 and I still don't feel right. Could this be something else?

Hey Cursed, welcome to Bluelight.

Obviously, we can't diagnose any kind of condition, but I'll shift your thread over to Basic Drug Discussion where someone may have experienced something similar.

Best idea would be to talk to a doctor, especially if this doesn't improve or worsens. Could withdrawal be playing a part?

I would absolutely get medical attention as soon as you can. Not to freak you out, but cotton fever shouldn't last multiple days, and personality changes along with the other symptoms you're describing could be caused by something more serious... sepsis (blood poisoning) or a really bad infection, perhaps? Are you running a fever? Can you go to an ER? Or an Urgent Care? Whatever it is, just rule out the bad shit. If it is something dangerous, it's almost certainly treatable. You just want to make sure you get treatment as soon as you can!

And be honest with the doctors about the shot and soaking the filters, all of that stuff. They won't judge you and they're obligated by law to keep everything you say confidential. You might know that already, but a lot of people don't, so just emphasizing that it's a totally safe thing to do.

I've done the same thing with my old cottons to stave off withdrawal. It's not ideal, but it happens ?.

Stay safe!