• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hello I'm a new member on here as you will obviously find out from my post, LOL!

Little_Orange_Strip_Me

Greenlighter
I am a past IV user but I am running into a brick wall, most of my blood vessels are tiny, excruciatingly so. My leg veins are almost all gone, my arm veins were almost completely unusable from before because they were way too tiny even nurses blew them all the time, so here is my question; does anyone have any ideas on how I can continue to use? Believe it or not, I don't use that much but even with that I'm just not able to continue on, and I enjoy it very much. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Hey orange strip, welcome to the forums! I might have guessed your DOC was Buprenorphine/Naloxone (Suboxone).

The thing is, injecting these strips tends to cause a lot more damage than one would think. They dissolve easily. They're made to dissolve quickly, but there is no doubt something in these strips that makes them very irritating to veins.

I used to think it was just a coincidence, but I've met too many people who have used up all of their available veins in a matter of weeks or months from injecting Suboxone strips. I know one person personally who ended up with gangrene in his wrist that caused him 8 weeks in the hospital and almost cost him his hand.

By comparison, most long-term Heroin injectors dont experience this sort of thing. It's not uncommon to develop an abscess or two in the course of your addiction, but serious injury like gangrene or amputation is not common. Of course, everyone is different.

My point is, there is bad news. If you are out of veins, it is likely that you will not be able to inject Buprenorpine strips anymore. By trying to use smaller and smaller veins, you are taking a larger risk with each injection. Smaller veins are more likely to experience extravasation and infection.

You will likely experience potentially severe issues if you continue this. I know it sucks, but please try to get comfortable with the idea of using an alternative route of administration.

The most practical and efficient ROA is going to be the rectal route. You are going to sacrifice nearly 50% of your bioavailability relative to injection, but it comes with virtually none of the negatives associated with said route. It's very easy to figure out and we can help you figure it out if needed.

We dont want you to get hurt. I know it is going to be a hard adjustment, but after you've made that adjustment, you won't ever have to deal with injection complications again. How does all of this sound?

My best short term solution? Go for a bike ride/ hike/ brisk walk for 20 minutes. Drink a ton of water, and then try.
Longer term solutions to consider:
Vitamin B3, B6, and B12 CRUCIAL to maintaining healthy veins and arteries. Go get some. Take them.
This may sound obvious but I have to remind myself all the time to DRINK WATER even if it makes me want to barf, just. Do it.

Vitamin K is especially helpful because it's target focus is keeping your capillaries (the wall of your blood vessels) thick, and resilient against breakage.
Spinach, kale, broccoli, chicken, and kiwi are all great sources of Vitamin K, or you could take a supplement.

Something I take regularly to help counter the damaging effects is an amino acid in supplement form called L-arginine. It works in tandem with citrulline which is found in abundance in foods like watermelon, to form nitric oxide (no, no, nitrIK oxide):p in your body.

Nitric Oxide = lower BP, >blood clots, + stronger flexible vein walls

Good luck

I am a past IV user but I am running into a brick wall, most of my blood vessels are tiny, excruciatingly so. My leg veins are almost all gone, my arm veins were almost completely unusable from before because they were way too tiny even nurses blew them all the time, so here is my question; does anyone have any ideas on how I can continue to use? Believe it or not, I don't use that much but even with that I'm just not able to continue on, and I enjoy it very much. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.