• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

hello everyone

tyebowls

Greenlighter
hello. I've turned to blue light for questions answered for many years now. Im 52 and have been using drugs for most my life. I've recently started using fentynol powder and a lot of it. I'm hooked bad and I hate it. I'm looking for suggestions on how to detox. The withdrawal symptoms suck bad. I was a heroin junky for seven years and I feel this is much worse. Has anyone been successful getting off this shit?

Welcome to the gang. Can you get any suboxone? You could micro dose using that and then taper off of suboxone. If you can get clonidine it really helps with the sweats, benzos will help some. Or try to taper the fentanyl.
If you can get subs i micro dosed last year and it was easy. Feel free to send me a pm if you need advice on a schedule to micro dose

I have suboxone strips, and 40 1 mg xanex. Can you send me the schedule you used to microdose?

I have suboxone strips, and 40 1 mg xanex. Can you send me the schedule you used to microdose?
No problem, what are you taking now? Just curious because the schedule for street fentanyl would be a bit longer.

You start with 0.5mg of subs while using the drug you're on. I switched from methadone and fentanyl and it was better then I expected.

Day 1 and 2 take 0.5 mg,still using.
At day 3 take 1mg, day 4 1.5 while reducing the drug you are on now
Day 5 2mg and go up 1mg daily and when you're at 4mg of subs stop the drug you are using.
You can add 1 to 2mg daily until you feel ok.

You can always slow it down if you feel ill.
The Xanax will help but to be honest it's not as bad as I thought.

Just be careful with Xanax, only use them for a week, less if you're feeling well.

Message me if you have any more questions.
If say you're on street fentanyl it can take 10 days to get up to 4mg

Well before I started detoxing I was using 1-1.5 grams of street fentanyl a day but it was so cut with whatever they use it was barely getting me well. It wouldn’t make me nod out, I’d even still have a runny nose half the time. The only thing keeping me from feeling like total shit was the xanax. & it’s prescription xanax, not the pharmaprams. I’ve been completely clean off fentanyl for 40hrs now, & I feel surprisingly pretty okay. I’m drinking water & Gatorade to keep myself hydrated. So you’re saying I can start taking the subs now at a low dose? Or should I start using again and follow your method?

Last edited:
I would start with 0.5 of subs if it's been 40 hours. You could speed up taking them if you don't use.
A few months ago I was taking er morphine and when I got a little sick I started 0.5 and after a few hours( if I felt no pwd ) I would take 0.5 more. But I wouldn't push increasing it the first day.
I can only go by my experience but if you take small amounts a couple times a day it isn't that bad. I wouldn't touch the fentanyl but in the first couple days if you're sick do a tiny amount, just enough to take the edge off.

The Xanax will help quite a bit as well.