• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Welcome Hello Bluelight! Introduction Post

Deru

Bluelight Crew
Hello all,

Just want to start with an introduction for myself as I just recently joined. I am a long time IV opioid and cocaine addict who has had severe medical issues due to IV use. I'm all about harm reduction and also interested in the support aspect forums like this can provide. I look forward to meeting everyone in the community, learning what I can, and offering some help if I can - also looking forward to some good discussions about drugs of course!

Hi @Deru,

Welcome to Bluelight!

There are so many sub-forums here for basically everything you'd want, so have a poke around, and let us know if you have any questions.

Lots of opportunity to help others and shoot the shit about drugs.

If you don't mind i ask, what type of issue do you have from IV coke? I'm trying to be careful myself.

Peace.

I wound up with a blood infection from an infected abscess - which lead to sepsis and endocarditis. I had three open heart surgeries to replace my tricuspid valve. In addition to that, on the third surgery, the surgeon cut my SA node so now I need a dual chamber pacemaker as it caused complete heart block. That has now progressed to Peripheral Vascular Disease and Chronic Venous Insufficiency, and the most extremely painful venous ulcers that can't heal. I have surgery scheduled to have my Great Saphenous Vein removed as soon as the restrictions from the pandemic are lifted. I also lost the lower lobe of my right lung when the bacteria flung off the tricuspid valve and got lodged in the artery that supplied lobe - it was called a pulmonary embolism.

I was a healthy 28 year old guy prior to it all. I'm 33 now, disabled and the disease just keeps progressing so fast. I find forums like this very helpful to cope with living - it gets my mind off a lot of the negative.

Thank you for sharing - maybe some of that will soak in for people still actively using.

Yes staying positive is essential, for us all. Please feel free to utilise this forum in every way that'll help. Write poems in Words, chill in The Lounge, get support in Health and Recovery.. Up to you.

I hope everything goes as smoothly as it can for you in your future.