• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Heavy Metal for tripping. Do you think is good or not?

I really do love some symphonic metal for psychedelic trips it sounds so amazing.

Anyways here's the thing:

Do you enjoy metal for tripping?

If you are not a metal-head tell my what music you do while tripping, if is a music style that is not use in the psychedelic scene better!

I'm not into metal really but I totally understand craving heavy or intense music when I'm tripping. Sort of an acquired taste, at first it can be frightening or too much, was for me at some point, but then you realize how nice it is. I just tend to forget not everyone I'm tripping with wants really intense drum & bass lol, for a lot of people, and myself at one point, that would just be overwhelming, abrasive and upsetting. You can really feel the energy, adds to the euphoria a lot

Yeah for some is too much for the trip. When I do it with friends I don't suggest metal for not making it a bad trip. But when I am alone I love to put some good Tarja with Nightwish, Epica or Floor Jansen, sometimes Mago de Oz. I really like women opera like vocals that comes whit it.

I wouldn't call Metallica or Pantera 'metal' per se, but my friend and I did put them on once and get out combat practice swords and chug beers while we were on acid and ran around smacking each other. That was actually quite a good time.

Hint: LSD does not increase your skills in combat 🤪

Not into metal when tripping at all personally but can stray into the heavier end of psychedelia...this kinda thing....conceived of tripping and amazing to listen to when doing so

Standing on the runway waiting for takeoff
I wanna fly wanna watch me flake off
I can't move 'cause the man has a rake off
You gotta help me, help me to shake off

This body of mine - I wanna get out of this void
(Body of mine) and I don't wanna be destroyed
(Body of mine) I don't wanna turn android
(Body of mine) You gotta help me avoid that
Brainstorm, here I go,Brainstorm, flying low
Brainstorm, I wanna miss it Brainstorm, you'd bet I'd kiss it (this body goodbye)

I can't get no peace until I get into motion
Sign my release from this planet's erosion
Paranoia police have sussed out my potion
You gotta help me or there'll be an explosion
In this body of mine

Last edited:
Music is so subjective, it's really down to personal preference. I'm not into metal (very rarely anyway), and once my friend and I were tripping and he basically only listens to metal and we were listening to metal for quite a while and I found it even less appealing... just too abrasive, I felt like it was invading my head and clashed with the trip. But if metal's your thing, I'm sure it could be just fine.

Slayer and black sabbath are amazing on LSD. Heavy metal is very very nice on LSD. I change up the genre for every trip to explore the music created by human kind. Guns and roses with weed and strong acid has sent me into another universe while the sun is rising every nice aswell. I also have a bunch of psychedelic rock that is more undergroundish.
I personally find rock very energizing on acid and only pay for short periods before a break is needed. Greek stoner rock band naxatras is also good tripping music. My main to go for heavy acid peaks and tripping my balls off is dark psytrance / forest though and i try convert as much people to it as possible visuals are something else with dark psy playing.

more blues rock vibe

darkpsy/forest mix this is some heavy psychedelic music and you will be seeing the craziest shit of your life on acid in a dark room listening to this.

Music is so subjective, it's really down to personal preference. I'm not into metal (very rarely anyway), and once my friend and I were tripping and he basically only listens to metal and we were listening to metal for quite a while and I found it even less appealing... just too abrasive, I felt like it was invading my head and clashed with the trip. But if metal's your thing, I'm sure it could be just fine.

Well what do yo listen on LSD?

All kinds of stuff, or nothing. I just find metal abrasive usually. Some of my favorite stuff to listen to is solo classical piano performances by really great players. I love all sorts of rock/funk sort of stuff, I love the Dead and that sort of thing. Good hip-hop, psychedelic electronic music along the lines of Shpongle. I'll listen to anything. I sometimes like to just be outside and not listen to music at all. More than anything I love to play music while tripping.

I really do love some symphonic metal for psychedelic trips it sounds so amazing.

Anyways here's the thing:

Do you enjoy metal for tripping?

If you are not a metal-head tell my what music you do while tripping, if is a music style that is not use in the psychedelic scene better!
I don't particularly like metal, but i have a few friends who love it and would totally love listening to it while tripping. I never understood mosh pits.. lol

Not into metal when tripping at all personally but can stray into the heavier end of psychedelia...this kinda thing....conceived of tripping and amazing to listen to when doing so

Standing on the runway waiting for takeoff
I wanna fly wanna watch me flake off
I can't move 'cause the man has a rake off
You gotta help me, help me to shake off

This body of mine - I wanna get out of this void
(Body of mine) and I don't wanna be destroyed
(Body of mine) I don't wanna turn android
(Body of mine) You gotta help me avoid that
Brainstorm, here I go,Brainstorm, flying low
Brainstorm, I wanna miss it Brainstorm, you'd bet I'd kiss it (this body goodbye)

I can't get no peace until I get into motion
Sign my release from this planet's erosion
Paranoia police have sussed out my potion
You gotta help me or there'll be an explosion
In this body of mine

This band is actually good, vocals are great and the bass is fantastic!

I don't particularly like metal, but i have a few friends who love it and would totally love listening to it while tripping. I never understood mosh pits.. lol

Neither I understand mosh pits, is something more prevalent in Core varieties of metal. To see a mosh pit in a symphonic metal concert is really wierd. But well each to their own.

This band is actually good, vocals are great and the bass is fantastic!
yeah, pretty much everything they did between 1970 and 1982 s amazing tripping music, many styles, heres one more classic on the heaver side to keep on topic :)

I am the center of this universe
The wind of time is blowing through me
And it's all moving relative to me
It's all a figment of my mind
In a world that I've designed
I'm charged with cosmic energy
Has the world gone mad or is it me?

I am the creator of this universe
And all that it was meant to be
So that we might learn to see
The foolishness that lives in us
And stupidity that we must suss
How to banish from our minds
And if you call this living I must be blind

Slayer and black sabbath are amazing on LSD. Heavy metal is very very nice on LSD. I change up the genre for every trip to explore the music created by human kind. Guns and roses with weed and strong acid has sent me into another universe while the sun is rising every nice aswell. I also have a bunch of psychedelic rock that is more undergroundish.
I personally find rock very energizing on acid and only pay for short periods before a break is needed. Greek stoner rock band naxatras is also good tripping music. My main to go for heavy acid peaks and tripping my balls off is dark psytrance / forest though and i try convert as much people to it as possible visuals are something else with dark psy playing.

more blues rock vibe

darkpsy/forest mix this is some heavy psychedelic music and you will be seeing the craziest shit of your life on acid in a dark room listening to this.

I am listening to the music videos right know. Black Sabbath is awesome and I am curious why I never play it on an acid trip.

I do love this song while tripping this is the women I love Tarja

Floor Jansen voice is so nice here, makes my trip more mellow

Epica is just Epic, I feel that they have a kinda psychedelic vibe in their music

Bonus!

This a very psychedelic band I like