View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Heavy DXM user for 10 years

therealreshtheory

Greenlighter
Hey everybody. I've never been one to share my experience on my drug use, as I was numb most of the time, but I am trying to get rid of this habit. I am 27 years old and first started using cough syrup as an experiment with drugs at 18. I was in college. After that first "robo trip", my life has never been the same. I now have HPPD and anxiety issues. I feel like I forgot everything about my life. I am not the same person anymore. And I shame spiral. So I was downing bottles of robotussin and cough gels and delsym for the past week and my family does not know what do with me. I was going to be a doctor and was in a 7 year accelerated program. DXM took my life. NO JOKE. I want to reach out to people here and let them know that I am suffering and I am willing to talk others about it, because I can not do this alone. I want to regain my brain. THANKS!

The craziest thing that happens to me on DXM is that I feel like I found the source of life. Everything is vibrating energy and that energy is a source. I feel like God is just testing us and will reveal the secrets when the time is right and the world is over. This world is all material and worthless when I am on DXM.

I abused dxm also but I found that what was happening was I was desiring something else that I couldn't quite get from dxm.

What I was looking for unbeknownst to even me was a mystical experience and a feeling of connectivity from the universe.

Dxm was giving me a peak at the psychedelic experience but it could not provide the mysticism I longed for.

I quit dxm for a quite some time due to its long term side effects; memory loss and high anxiety.
Marijuana helped curb the desire for dxm

One day I decided to have dxm again but this time I had filled my head with a bunch of spiritual stuff and I realized that what I really wanted was a true psychedelic and I even wrote a song about it that night.

A week later I was able to get mushrooms.
When I rediscovered mushrooms I was practically slapped in the face with mystery and my life had changed. I've barely touched dxm since then.

I truly hope you are able to help yourself and curb the habit, 10 years is a long time to be addicted to anything. You need to find the root of the issue and ask yourself what caused you to turn to drugs in the first place. Realize that you have everything you seek available to you from the heart and soul without the need for drugs to fill you