• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

HEAVY & DREAMY mdma comedowns?

laurieidk

Greenlighter
Okay, Im posting this because I can't find anyone else online who directly talks about it.

After the effects of mdma wear off, the same night I feel a really heavy immediate comedown. It feels like my body has almost shut down and everything feels slow and echoey in my head apart from people chatting normally around me. I find it extremely hard to speak and move and sometime just resort to putting my head in my hands, like the life has is being sucked out of me.
Sometimes I have half comedowns feel like I was fully on dreaming being other places whilst my eyes were closed (not actually asleep).
Most of my friends don't get this nearly as bad as me, and at raves after dropping everyone seems to act just normal. Am i just a weak one?
I've felt this type of comedown whilst taking pills AND mdma crystals (so surely it can't just be a dodgy meth pill)
Everyone talks about comedowns being the tiredness/depressed feeling you get a few days after but they never mention this.

Any thoughts?

part of your description sounds very familiar (everything being slow, difficult to interact with people, dreaming while not sleeping), but i only know this from times when i took high doses (>3 pills of around 70mg in one night). how much do you take? maybe you're just sensitive to the effects of mdma and do too much? or you redose too often?

i find that after a certain dose (again somewhere around 200mg for me), you only increase the mongyness, side effects and get lots of weirdness when coming down, while not really increasing the effects during the peak and also not extending the length of the peak.
being older and more sensible i almost miss the times when you have an insightful conversation with a friend, then in the next moment you notice that you're actually sitting there alone. and the friend you were talking to isn't even at the same party you are ;)

Last edited:
part of your description sounds very familiar (everything being slow, difficult to interact with people, dreaming while not sleeping), but i only know this from times when i took high doses (>3 pills of around 70mg in one night). how much do you take? maybe you're just sensitive to the effects of mdma and do too much? or you redose too often?

i find that after a certain dose (again somewhere around 200mg for me), you only increase the mongyness, side effects and get lots of weirdness when coming down, while not really increasing the effects during the peak and also not extending the length of the peak.
being older and more sensible i almost miss the times when you have an insightful conversation with a friend, then in the next moment you notice that you're actually sitting there alone. and the friend you were talking to isn't even at the same party you are ;)
It's called E-dreaming

Most awesome case of e-dreaming was an entire night at a club that turned out to be nothing more than an e-dream

The most I have taken is over half a gram or two halves of one pill in a night, either ways I still get the strong comedown. I think it might be that i'm just more sensitive to the effects or were really tired beforehand.
I do agree that after a certain dose you do get more mongy and no other effects increase!

It's called E-dreaming

I've experienced that, I think. Used around a gram over a night after not using for many years. It came well after the peak when my dumbass chased and couldn't let go (I don't even bother with this stuff anymore, since I can't ever keep it to 100mg ever and also there is a gorilla on my back now to tend to making recreational/sporadic use of other drugs irrelevant and distracting).

It's nothing like normal dreaming so one must refer to it as something new. E-dreams... I was standing in my room while experiencing alternate realities. I felt like I was teleporting through dimensions and experiencing random events through the eyes of other beings. This was otherwise the cleanest M I ever used in my life hands down. A normal dose would be really good. I can't say I particularly enjoy e-dreaming, as I'm pretty sure it demands a fair quantity of neurons.

The most I have taken is over half a gram or two halves of one pill in a night, either ways I still get the strong comedown. I think it might be that i'm just more sensitive to the effects or were really tired beforehand.
I do agree that after a certain dose you do get more mongy and no other effects increase!

if you have decent mdma then half a gram is a lot. that'd be 7 "back in the day" pills or 2.5 of the recent super strong ones.

if you have decent mdma then half a gram is a lot. that'd be 7 "back in the day" pills or 2.5 of the recent super strong ones.

Shit really! Next time i'll do abit less and see if it makes a difference. People at the raves I go to seem to see .5g as normal, some taking up to 1 gram in a night!

Yes ^^^^ This.

Honestly, when people say " I did half a gram of MDMA last night -- and it was ok "

My first and only thought is

That wasn't MDMA

500 mg of actual MDMA will slap you down like a little bitch so hard your eyes will be wiggling and your chin quivering while you lay there alternating between "Oh my fucking god this feels so fucking good" and "oh my fucking god when is this shit going to end I can't take it"

If you took 500 mg of MDMA that will last you waaaay longer than 4-6 hours, more like 8-10.

If it lasted 3 or 4 hours that was likely a substituted cathinone -- it wasn't MDA cause you'd be tripping balls for 12 hours off of 500 mg

Shit really! Next time i'll do abit less and see if it makes a difference. People at the raves I go to seem to see .5g as normal, some taking up to 1 gram in a night!

either they are getting shitty quality (i sincerely hope they don't take the same doses when they get pure stuff the next time), some random cathinone instead of mdma like shugenja said, or they are ruining mdma for themselves. there are always some people who overdo it (both in frequency and dosage), taking 5-12 pills per night. i knew a few back then, but those are exactly the same people who'll end up with depression/memory problems and vow never to take mdma again after just a few months of use because it never gives them any positive effects again — while the sensible users can still enjoy mdma many years later.