• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

heath risks of recreational use of vyvanse vs. prescribed use

downerfan

Bluelighter
I just joined bluelight,and I am prescribed to 50 mg vyvanse and was wondering about more health risks if I go above my prescribed amount , and if I have built a tolerance how I should know when to get a higher dose.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should read the forum guidelines and rules. We don't use the acronym SWIM here. Just speak in the first person.

Now you were technically prescribed for Vyvanse so the doctor obviously believed that the possibility of negative side effects does not overcome the benefit to you. With that being said any pharmaceutical can pose a health risk to any individual. Does the health risk gradually increase as you increase your dosage? Most likely.

Tolerance is simply how much of a given compound is needed to achieve the same effect that was once present before building up a "tolerance" or desensitizing yourself to the compound. Just because you did not reach the feeling that produced the effect you desired does not mean that the dosage was ineffective. For instance Vyvanse is CNS stimulant. Lets say you don't feel the drug at 50mg and go ahead with an increase to 75mg. You may have consciously not achieved a euphoria or the desired stimulating property, but the activities on the neurological system is still very pronounced. The intensity of its actions on your physiological wellbeing will continually increase with dosage regardless of what perceived tolerance you may have developed.

I'm guessing the reason for wanting to increase dosage is for a recreational purpose? Just remember to practice moderation and play it safe. Excessive stimulation of the CNS can be quite troublesome to other key physiological processes.

Last edited:
Youll know when you need more when the perscribed dose isnt doing what you its supposed to do.

If your having trouble concentrating, studying, staying focused, etc.

You should know your body well and after a while youll notice its not really doing what it used to do to aid you.

If your using it for recreation, obviously your tolerance will build much much faster, and I'm not sure what the limit is you should google it.

I don't think it was prescribed to you so that you can feel it.

Talk to your doctor if you don't think it's taking care of your symptoms.