L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Heartbreak

Joey

Bluelighter
Isnt it horrible? I have this really long and complex story I could give. But Id rather just say that you are not the only one there if youre going through this and it does fade with time.

I had a very complicated relationship with a man 25, almost 26 years my senior which ended fairly recently. March. Were still friends and Im still crushed.

Not feeling the need to talk about it isn't always indicative of emotional scarring. People who need help aren't always the nefarious attention seeker.

I was emotionally, physically, and mentally abused by a narcissistic sociopath. For a man to have to go through this with a woman is often marks for scores of judgment- that I can't protest because I don't meet the status quo. A catch 22 in other words.

She was one year older than me and in spite of not trusting my gut feeling to tell her off from the get-go, was seduced by the fact that she had showered me with nothing but unconditional attention and affection from the gathering of our first encounter. This would later be my undoing, and something I would subsequently learn is a trait that all narcissists have in common.

It wasn't long before I would either fall back on my original gut feelings and realize something was up or be threatened by her if I attempted to leave her. While one was a more subjective feeling and easier to hide, it was like she preyed on both of these as if they were expected.

I however, have not been in what would be considered a unadulterated affair of mutual love interest more than twice and the most recent one has been unbearable. Fuck my ex-girlfriend, she was a cunt. My best romantic affair was with a close friend who only really admired me in the same way I admired her... curiously. We never became close until I was forced to move away. I have not recovered, even after 5 years.

It's awful.
I keep trying to remind myself how bad it was rather than romanticising. I honestly think he was a true narcissist but I still feel bad and am still heartbroken deep down. Came across this saying... 'a narcissist is someone who demands you to give up everything in order to be their nothing'

It's awful.
I keep trying to remind myself how bad it was rather than romanticising. I honestly think he was a true narcissist but I still feel bad and am still heartbroken deep down. Came across this saying... 'a narcissist is someone who demands you to give up everything in order to be their nothing'
It's a really fucked up thing to go through. The first time I was given awknowledgement that we were even in this together was AFTER the fucking relationship! There was plenty of actions, we were romantic, he showed a lot of kindness, at first for awhile. I was always included in his future.. he clearly was there and always tried to give me this and that, Id refuse a lot of it, because I KNEW that a free ride and all this acceptance.. when I was actually a hardcore drug addict. People get tired of it. They always have, maybe always will. It went downhill quickly at about the 4 month (or so) point....

I'm sorry you're going through this. Heartbreak is such a bitch. I'm going through it too. If you didn't know I'm going through a divorce at the moment, we were together for 11 years on and off. It finally fell apart, due mostly to my actions. I feel really lost now without her.

I know the relationship was doomed to fail at some point, we're just toxic for each other and I don't know f I ever actually 'loved' her, but we were definitely attached at the hip. We did everything together, for years. And now it's done and I have no one really. It's difficult. I'm slowly getting better though, day by day.

After repeated heartbreaks in very fucked up ways for the entirety of my 20s, I feel like I'm almost incapable of loving again or letting myself get to a stage where I feel the need to attach myself to another person under some fairytale illusion that it'll last a lifetime. I'm just completely jaded now after so much disappointment and completely cynical that anything would ever last anyway. The thought of being alone used to feel devastating, but now I really couldn't care less.

I would end up engaging in completely self destructive behaviour over someone who couldn't give a fuck about me. Where's the logic in that. No one is worth killing yourself over.