• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heart palpitations or "flutters" on methamphetamine comedown?!

eyeswideshuttoday

Greenlighter
Hi, the title is pretty self explanatory. This isn't a huge concern for me...more less just wondering if other's experience it as well.
Does anyone else get heart palpitations ONLY on methamphetamine comedown? I have been using a while and I can almost pinpoint when they will start after use. It happens about 20-30 min after my comedown starts. Literally the only side effects I feel are the palpitations, other than sleepiness.
Underlying anxiety is probably the culprit, and in the beginning of my use I most definitely would succumb to it. However, I don't notice it now.
Anyways, sorry for the ramblings...any one else though?!

Yeah I get palpitations sometimes on the meth comedown. I think it is mostly anxiety related. I have panic disorder and anxiety so I have had heart palpitations in all kinds of situations.

I actually had a panic attack while I was still high on meth the other day. I took a couple hits of weed and got paranoid about having meth in my system. I started thinking about my heart and all of the sudden I went into full blown panic attack mode and my heart started pounding extremely rapidly.

I was terrified and pretty certain I was about to die. It took about an hour for me to calm down and slow my heart rate. Absolutely horrible.

I think if you have palpitations during your meth comedown then that drug is not for you. It is just not worth
It. Though those palpitations are likely harmless, you never know when they could be an indicator of something worse to come.

Everyone I have ever smoked up with seems to handle it better then me and I don't think they ever get palpitations or other weird cardio concerning symptoms. That leads me to believe some people can handle crystal meth while others like me are taking a big risk when using it.

I do think those symptoms are purely anxiety though because back when I had benzos I would just load up on those whenever I smoked meth and I would have literally zero uncomfortable symptoms like palpitations and the like.

If I had a preexisting condition I am pretty sure that last panic attack could have killed me, I am really lucky. I plan on stopping.

On a side note, I recently discovered Kratom is extremely valuable for a meth comedown. The other day I was having a bad comedown. I was in a lot of physical pain and super agitated. One small dose of kratom and twenty minutes later I felt 100% better and actually fell asleep. I was surprised how well that worked.

Yeah I get palpitations sometimes on the meth comedown. I think it is mostly anxiety related. I have panic disorder and anxiety so I have had heart palpitations in all kinds of situations.

I actually had a panic attack while I was still high on meth the other day. I took a couple hits of weed and got paranoid about having meth in my system. I started thinking about my heart and all of the sudden I went into full blown panic attack mode and my heart started pounding extremely rapidly.

I was terrified and pretty certain I was about to die. It took about an hour for me to calm down and slow my heart rate. Absolutely horrible.

I think if you have palpitations during your meth comedown then that drug is not for you. It is just not worth
It. Though those palpitations are likely harmless, you never know when they could be an indicator of something worse to come.

Everyone I have ever smoked up with seems to handle it better then me and I don't think they ever get palpitations or other weird cardio concerning symptoms. That leads me to believe some people can handle crystal meth while others like me are taking a big risk when using it.

I do think those symptoms are purely anxiety though because back when I had benzos I would just load up on those whenever I smoked meth and I would have literally zero uncomfortable symptoms like palpitations and the like.

If I had a preexisting condition I am pretty sure that last panic attack could have killed me, I am really lucky. I plan on stopping.

On a side note, I recently discovered Kratom is extremely valuable for a meth comedown. The other day I was having a bad comedown. I was in a lot of physical pain and super agitated. One small dose of kratom and twenty minutes later I felt 100% better and actually fell asleep. I was surprised how well that worked.

Kratom also works quite well to take the edge off while on amphetamines.

Kratom also works quite well to take the edge off while on amphetamines.

I second using benzos to negate uncomfortable cardio symptoms while on stims.

*I haven't been using meth

Benzos are magic for making a stimulant session painless and a lot of fun. I have done it numerous times and turned out ok.

Eventually though that'll catch up to you, and if you don't let yourself come down slowly and everything wears off at once. The crash is very harsh and takes at least 2-3 days to stop feeling awful and depressed.

It is a pro/con scenario. On one side I think it is easier on your body to take the edge of off the the effects of meth using benzos, and if you only do it once in a blue moon it is just a fun experience.

On the other hand, using to much can be dangerous, and if done too often or improperly you can set yourself up for a hellacious crash possibly followed by long lasting withdrawal syndrome.........if you haven't already killed yourself In the process.

I am actually high on meth and maintaining on a dose of suboxone as we speak. I no longer take benzos so I don't have that option, but if I had a bar of xanax I would take it without hesitation lol.

I've found that coming down, instead of your regular RAO orally consume your dose safely. Any CBS depressing / D2 agonist and sleep. Benzodiazepines (particularly klomipon or valium) as your coming down from your oral dose take as needed. Oral is waaaay more chill and doesn't seem to up my heart. Just makes me cold as fuck. The real battles depression afterwards.

I totally thought I was the only person who did this, glad to know I'm not alone. Kratom has saved my ass so many times when I was out of benzos