• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heart palpitations on heroin

Gibz

Greenlighter
Ive been on dope for about 2 years and about few months ago after doing about a gram, my heart started beating hard and fast, felt like I was about to have a heart attack. It went away but about 2 weeks ago same thing started happening again and now it's pretty much choosing being in withdrawl or having to deal with my heart going 1000 beats per minute. Is it possible that this could be caused by pure heroin or is it something in the cut that's causing this?

Its a cut most likely, heroin by itself wouldnt raise your heart rate that much, it could increase it from baseline, I usually have a resting BPM of 40 beats per minute taken with my oximeter, when on oxycodone or opium it usually goes up to 60 or 65 beats per minute resting, but never a strong pounding sensation, opiates have never caused that effect on me even having panic attacks on them, when you start feeling a pounding and rushing sensation in your chest its usually at least 105 BPM from my experience and its usually only caused by marihuana/psychedelics on strong dosages or with panick attacks and stimulants, but im pretty sure pure heroin wouldnt cause heart palpitations to that extent.