• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Heart / chest pain, am I done with stimulants?

miscbrahh

Bluelighter
Wondering if anyone on BL has had a similar experience as me:

Around a month ago I did one of my all-time bonehead moves and did a combo of alcohol + oxycodone. Then 3 small, thin lines of cocaine when I was coming down from the oxy.

Went to sleep no problem, and then woke up a couple hours later gasping for air and having chest pain.

Checked into the hospital and my blood work / ecg / chest x-rays were fine. Docs said to lay off the coke (never touching that again)

I'm still getting random bits of chest pain here and there, nowhere near the chest pain I had before. Basically if I take an aspirin, I'm good. I'll go days without taking aspirin, and then I'll need to take 1 just in case.

Was thinking I could get an angiogram done to check if there's some underlying condition. In elementary school I used to get chest pain, but then it went away (until now).

Has anyone had occasional chest pain similar to what I've described above? If so, when does it get better? Also, I guess this means I have to refuse all stims if I'm at a party? eg: mdma

Thanks!

"occasional chest pain" is actually a pretty vague symptom that could be indicative of a lot of things, anything from gas in your stomach, to ulcers, to cramps, precordial catch, more rarely serious stuff like angina etc

Cocaine and oxycodone should both clear out of your body in a manner of days, if it's a month later now then it's either anxiety-related or the docs missed something subtle upon first examinations. If you notice a correlation with when you are stressed, it could very well just be a phsyical response to anxiety, which can be quite common after scaryy drug experiences.

Getting an angiogram and a second examination would not hurt, nor would working on being mindful of when the chest tightness comes and under what circumstances, and finding methods you can use to relieve it, like breathing excercises or a mantra or something.

It's a good idea to not use cocaine anyway because most if not all of it these days has been cut to crap and stored/smuggled poorly - meaning even if you're lucky to get "uncut" cocaine there is a good chance 50% or more of it will have broken down into the inactive anesthetic benzoylecgonine. Of course essentially all cocaine is cut though, usually with things like phenacetin (Tylenol analog), levamisole (dewormer with stimulant side effects), caffeine, anesthetics, sugars, and so on...

As for other stimulants, if it turns out to be simple anxiety, you can still use them as long as you keep your dosages on the very low side, and know what you're taking. If you don't know exactly what you're taking it would be in your best interest to not take it, especially if you're taking it in combination with multiple other drugs.

If you have some undiagnosed physical probem then it goes without saying you shouldn't take stims.

Wow that is a really well thought out response, thank you.

I'll have a second exam + get on a wait list for an angiogram

Heyy I am having the same thing I quit coke 3 months ago but still have chest pain did yours go away please reply