• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Hearing Voices

Dude... I mean... I totally believe you believe what you're saying, but is it not *possible* that they're not there, and since your brain knows that your friend wont hear them you don't hear them? That's pretty common when it comes to paranoid episodes. How can you positively rule out mental illness? Also, those news stories are text-book confirmation bias... that guy in Santa Cruz could be ill as well.

Btw I'm totally not trying to attack you, flame you, insult you, or anything like that.

I think they do things like that to make nprmal people flip out and kill people for unmentioned nefarious reasons.
Do you see UFOs?
Have you been trying to uncover truths behind history or the origin of human kind?

I believe these kind of things may attract them.

of course it could be in your head though so keep trying to confirm it.

AE I'm a little concerned by what you have said. I mean if someone really wanted to fuck with you they'd have LE on you mid crop inspection not install a loud speaker system. Also who could possibly have it against you to go to all that trouble and not just rip off your crop or do some other shit? It'd cost a few dollars in gear alone especially weather proof speakers and all that. Plus they'd have to be sitting at their pc or laptop 24/7 just to fuck with you? Do you know any one specifically who would do that? If so it may be gang stalking but if it were me and I was pissed with someone it'd be a 4am wake up call with a large, heavy, blunt object doing all the talking not a speaker system.

You are correct, it defies logic. However I can't get past the reality that they seem to not be targeting me in that way. Perhaps they want me to get comfortable before they screw me? I don't know.

There is one person that has a grudge against me. It's my neighbor upstairs. He tortures me with loud music and amplified electric guitar noise (I wouldn't call it music since he's obviously never had a lesson in his life) late at night. The council have just finished recording his noise from my flat with a recording device that's activated at the press of a button when the music comes on, and they'll be getting back to me within a week. He obviously hates me though, because of things he does like banging on the floor whenever he hears me doing anything like doing the dishes and whenever he walks past me he blanks me and he spreads false rumors about me, claiming I beat him up etc. This all stems from a complaint I made the the housing association since he can't seem to understand why I have the audacity to do this after having put up with it for a whole year. Anyway I don't think he is the person responsible BUT if it was any one individual, he is the only person that hates me enough to do this.
Before I go accepting outlandish theories, AE have you tried antipsychotics? Just want to approach this as scientifically as possible.

Sure mate, I have. I honestly can sympathise with your position. If it were me I would be asking the same questions and I would have the exact same concerns as you.

I am on 15mg (might be 20mg, can't remember) olanzapine per day as well as an antidepressant, 30mg mirtazapine per night.

I've experienced hearing voices only once and it was when I was one of the highest I've ever been. I was in a DQ with some friends, and after being extremely hungry and ordering my $10 meal I sat down at a table. Immediately after sitting down I was thrown into this bizarre headspace, so I laid my head down on the table. My buddies came over to join me and asked me if I was alright, because I wasn't talking and I looked extremely pale. A voice in my head had started telling me that I wasn't hungry anymore, so somehow I became nauseated and gave my entire meal away when it was brought out. Throughout our time at DQ I kept hearing voices, most of which I don't remember. After they finished eating we went out to the car. The voices had subsided for the most part, except now I felt that I was just extremely prone to being persuaded. Anything my friends would say, I would feel physically merely because they said it. For example, one of my friends asked me "dude, you look mad, you all good?" and instantly I felt enraged for no apparent reason. The worst part came when we stopped the car at my buddies place. One of my friends looks back from the drivers seat and asks "you gunna throw up dude?" and suddenly I felt extremely sick and opened the car door to puke all over the ground. After I yacked I felt much less high and the voices subsided completely. But I still have no clue as to what caused these voices; I have no poor mental health background such as schizophrenia or anything. Anyone else ever had anything like this?

"hearing voices" is probably one of the most overrated and misunderstood mental phenomenons. i think most people overreacted to much about the so called "voices"...
it's just your verbal inner activity getting a litle bit twisted...

http://www.hearing-voices.org/about-us/

http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/help-information/mental-health-a-z/H/hearing-voices/

The "overreaction" comes from people believing the source of these voices is external. They sound so foreign to a person's psyche that most (people I've talked to that've experienced this)can't imagine it coming from anything but somebody, something other than themselves.

I agree with you, though. I've had one experience hearing thoughts/voices that didn't sound like they originated from my own thought processes. I was also super high at the time. I just chalked it up to too much weed and too little of a tolerance, but it shook the shit out of me when it happened. Took a good bit of rationalization on my part to not pay it any mind, hasn't happened since.

It's hard for people to ignore something like this when their five senses are going crazy trying to tell them that it's real.

Anyone seen someone fully responding to external stimuli and in a semi catatonic state? Dude staring at the ceiling mumbling to himself in undefinable word salad and pacing/shuffling about 3 feet forward, turn and shuffle. Could not do anything at all he was that unwell other than mumble, shuffle and stare. Also seen more than one guy who had punched holes in their homes because there were people in the walls and ceiling out to do them harm. This is a 15 cm thick plasterboard wall no space for a physical body to be enclosed in yet the individuals swore people were in there and the ceiling of an 2nd floor appartment (5 floor block). The guy's were responding to external stimuli (voices) as I spoke with them. They smoked weed HEAVILY and used meth on occasion...

Spiritual voices are totally dependent on cultural beliefs and practices. If your of white western European background I don't think hearing your forefathers/spirit voices communicating with you is at all relevant and probably is a false belief system...

I recently have been diagnosed "schizophrenic", but the voices and delusions for the most part have gone away, but every time I smoke, it induces the "schizophrenic" tendencies. I think the label schizophrenic is a cheap way to avoid explaining the real underlying causes, it definitely feels like its connected to something deeply spiritual. The voices I hear are usually people from my past, narrating a story and addressing my thoughts.

I was curious if anyone else experiences hearing voices, and if so, what do they say and what is your personal explanation for the phenomena.

I sometimes intentionally induce the schizophrenia to get closer to the voices, its a way to feel close to something, a way to experience something "real" thats totally unreal. Whats "Real" anyways
8)

I had to quit for pretty much the exact same reasons in early oct after 12 years use at about 2-4 grams a day.

Stop while you are ahead and actually get schizophrenia. I quit because I'm not risking that shit. I already have borderline personality disorder, crazy anxiety and violent tendencies brought on from the sever abuse of drugs (not use most surely abuse).

I suffer from schizophrenia, I only have mild delusional beliefs but I am pretty much not functioning at this time. I have been having a battle with myself as to should I go on medication or should I not. Recently I have decided that I should as my overall condition is worsening. I once was incredibly intelligent and had quite a bit of potential to make a positive change in this world. Now I struggle to perform the simple tasks such as keeping a clean room, cooking food, and most social situations are beyond my grasp. I feel for you OP I have been hospitalized I number of times from 14yo to 20yo. I don't have much hope of ever being functional at least to where I was previously before the age of 19.

http://discovermagazine.com/2010/jun/03-the-insanity-virus

I stumbled upon this article last night after trying to piece together what caused my descent into this disorder. I believe a number of factors culminated into making me this way. When I was very young I was put on a heart medication that caused me to become zombified for a few months. I think this alone wouldn't have made much of a difference if several other factors hadn't occurred.
I smoked marijuana from 14-21 and recently quit because I would become incredibly paranoid, friends I had known for years suddenly wanted to kill me (in my mind that is). Every car behind me was following me.
I used meth for three months heavily when I was 19. When I was 16 I had a serious accident that involved a very bad concussion.
And now I hear voices fairly often, I have no delusions about the voices and believe it is simply a problem with brain chemistry.

You are not alone friend

If you're using cannabis and hearing voices, then the first thing you should do is stop cannabis.

I've had speed psychosis.
I thought my flat had been rigged up with cameras, and that there were persecutory people outside who could see and hear everything I did, but I could not see them.
As I could hear the persecutory group of people talking outside, and thinking of all the surveillance they had rigged up, I shouted back at the voices, "All this time,, energy, and trouble, just for me"
I would not be persuaded by my friends that what I was perceiving was all in my head.
I thought people were parked outside in the street, and when I went to look in all the vehicles parked there, I could see no one but I could hear them. I could not understand what they were saying as they sounded just a little bit too out of earshot.
I was convinced of this for about a month, and it took another speed session with voice hearing, for me to connect the two things and realise I was psychotic.
I'm not doubting spirituality. There is a whole universe outside of our five senses, and there are people who act as channels. There is a big difference, however, between the psychic and the psychotic. While both enter altered states of consciousness, the psychic is aware and can enter and leave at their own will, whereas the psychotic is thrown into these altered states, and many times, don't even know.

when i started smokin weed - and i'd get ridiculously high -, after one time this very weird thing happened. the following day (smokin weed at that time was quite an experience, like a trip, not a mild inebriation) all of a sudden my vision started feeling weird and weird shit, i kinda got high again, i got scared, went home, tried to sleep but kept dazing off - like my mind got blank - and i started listening to these voices, talking some non sense, sounds of people running, doing things

the second day id still have this and it was making me very worried, i was like fuck it these voices don't make sense and when i notice i was listening to a voice in my head saying 'yeah these voices dont make sense'... wtf

i even made a thread on BL

also, when i used to (like a few months ago) smoke a lot - enough to feel high 24/7 and may be mild hppd -, i'd also have this when i was tired. if i was very tired i'd daze off and start hearing voices.

but they def never been the paranoid-delusional kind of voices. it was like they were talking to themselves rather than me, and their conversations never made any sense.

i guess OP is long gone but just thought i'd share my experience

when i started smokin weed - and i'd get ridiculously high -, after one time this very weird thing happened. the following day (smokin weed at that time was quite an experience, like a trip, not a mild inebriation) all of a sudden my vision started feeling weird and weird shit, i kinda got high again, i got scared, went home, tried to sleep but kept dazing off - like my mind got blank - and i started listening to these voices, talking some non sense, sounds of people running, doing things

the second day id still have this and it was making me very worried, i was like fuck it these voices don't make sense and when i notice i was listening to a voice in my head saying 'yeah these voices dont make sense'... wtf

i even made a thread on BL

also, when i used to (like a few months ago) smoke a lot - enough to feel high 24/7 and may be mild hppd -, i'd also have this when i was tired. if i was very tired i'd daze off and start hearing voices.

but they def never been the paranoid-delusional kind of voices. it was like they were talking to themselves rather than me, and their conversations never made any sense.

i guess OP is long gone but just thought i'd share my experience
That's what I used to get with speed.

I used to enjoy 'playing with' them.

But, one day, the voices turned malevolent and persecutory and I also lost my sense of reality and got paranoid.

I do, they usually start when I'm about to nod off, in the morning, or in any sort of "inbetween" state pretty much for me. The things they say are quite elaborate, sometimes they even talk each other having full conversations with each other about me and all that stuff. They don't say anything critical or negative of me, it's happened a few times but not very often and when they did, it was always for good reason. I don't really hear them during the day, but it has happened and does happen from time to time, but is almost always just me hearing my name called when nobody is or auditory illusions of white noise. The things they say are often of a positive nature and are nearly always relevant to my life in some fashion. To be honest, I kind of enjoy hearing them as strange as that might sound to people who don't experience this sort of thing and maybe a lot of folks who do as well. As for my explanation for having such experiences, it's obviously nothing more than a part of my own mind/unconscious coming to the surface, what else would it be really? Also, I must add to this a bit. I've never gone crazy and in some ways am actually more rational than most people I know. I also have no mental disorders either, it can happen in some people who don't have anything wrong with them

Last edited: