• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Hearing on Drugs of Abuse (October 20th, '15)

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
C-SPAN said:
October 20, 2015

Drug Abuse in the U.S.

Physicians and addiction experts testified before a House Energy and Commerce subcommittee on the growing number of drug abuse cases in the U.S., how states were responding to the epidemic, and what federal resources would be needed to combat the problem.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?328825-1/hearing-drug-abuse-us

The video (flash) can be a little finiky, but it's a interesting hearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
As some really serious & well-knowing professionals have said before, the war on drugs was an utter failure that destroyed and destroys uncountable lives, burns billions of $$$ & leads to a never-ending downward spiral of organized crime, teenage overdoses and all that.

Portugal has made the right first step with decriminalizing personal drug possession as some Southern American states are thinking about & the US (leaders in prohibition, ironically) with pot legalization. Unfortunately the UN is pushing all this stupid war on drugs stuff so hard that no country is allowed to go further. Portugal did not see an increase in drug-related accidents etc. as feared with that legislation.

TBH I haven't had time to watch the video yet, although the person who put me on to it mentioned it has quite a bit about MAT. I hope an increase in people taking ORT drugs leads to a decrease in the stigma associated with them. Not too hopeful mind you, but you never know.

I'll have to watch the damn thing and report back :\