• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Healthy living raising my hydro tolerance?

Granteloupe

Greenlighter
Hello!

So I have always know my limits and used hydrocodone pretty responsibly. I do not drink and dont smoke and have a very healthy lifestyle. (I also CWE my hydros because I dont want to kill my liver) and NEVER mix opiates. But ever since I started living healthier I find the hydrocodone isnt working as well?? I would like to know if anyone else has excperienecd this. Also just a side note here, does anyone else experience lucid dreaming after taking hydrocodone? All answers are greatly appreciated! Have a good day!

Perhaps healthy living plays a factor. I kind of doubt it though. If so, I’d say the impact is small. What you’re really experiencing is nothing more than the enemy of us all... your basic, every day, run of the mill tolerance

Last edited:
Maybe its just a coincidence and your tolerance is raising simply from your hydrocodone use. I dont know how often you use, but if its not often enough for you to have withdrawal... Try taking a few weeks off. That should reduce tolerance temporarily.

And also, what exactly has changed about your lifestyle? Do you mean you are eating better and working out? I don't have any hard evidence nor have I experienced it myself but I have heard from a lot of people that a heavy work-out regimen can make opiates work through your body slightly faster. Maybe from the metabolism bump that work-outs are known to give? Take it with a grain of salt though as I have no solid evidence on this and am not sure I believe it myself. Also if you were lifting weights and actually bulking up, this is increasing your weight and thus slightly increasing the amount of drug it would take to have an effect on you (but I can't imagine most people could see even a 5% increase from this).

Or do you mean you are now taking a lot of supplements? A supplement could possibly be having a slight interaction with the drug's effects. But even that is fairly unlikely.

Honestly it is likely as Pickle says and your tolerance has probably gone up. Maybe take a couple weeks off like Pickle said if you can.