• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Meth Health complications with long term use

jsinger

Bluelighter
I am approaching a decade of use and have accepted my fate of an inability to get off.
I use about a gram daily and function as normal for the most part. Eat, sleep, hydrate close to as I would clean unless coming off a long stop.
I’ve never had reactions to it like I’m getting now.
First new issue which isn’t new just now creating debilitating pain in trying to piss. I had a u t I then a kidney stone two months later. I stopped two weeks during the stone bc I didn’t know pain like that was possible Dehydration is probably partly responsible. During the stop I noticed I don’t crash anymore but rage harder and more frequently.
I’m also experiencing gut pain That is becoming progressively problematic. I can’t burp naturally but when I do burp I get temporary relief from the discomfort. Taking gas x like candy along with Canada Dry. Serms to fuck with me for a few days then be gone a couple weeks.
I don’t have health insurance and despise going to the hospital and never did until last year around this time and believe each time direct result of meth. I’m constantly stage 2 hypertension and close to 100 heart rate. I baseline high but it’s increased significant by use.
Im also observing some serious cognitive decline. Memory loss on things that im stunned I can’t remember. Trouble communicating especially over text and difficulty with saying what I’m thinking.
Is it possible to be prescribed bp medicine if a meth addict is one question. Once the health consequences begin how long before it’s so unbearable that misery is inevitable?
I have figured an early death due to heart failure of some sort. Now I’m guessing my kidneys are what does it. Or it’s whatever issues with trapped excess gas that does me in. I do not do down anymore except suboxyn maintenance but kinda wondering if it helped with the hypertension issues. I know a handful of people who been doing it a while and look nothing like the meth poster child. I dont buy the shit about meth bugs but shit got real this year experiencing the shit you dont think about until your dealing with it.

I'm curious too about some of this. How are you physically too? I have high blood pressure but I eat like a pig and I've gained 60 pounds in the past year, im about 335 lbs, 6 foot 2. I've noticed my blood pressure has gotten pretty high and im out of breathe easily but I think my weight is causing most of this.

I've been getting this rash on the top of my left foot and I can't get it to go away completely.

I assume you're talking abou Methamphetamine?

When someone using Amphetamines begins to talk about sudden, unexpected and/or random issues it could be a symptom of the simulants. I've seen people go from "I don't feel right" to "I have people following me all over the place" to "the FBI are outside and I'm gonna kill all of them". I'm not saying this is you. I've just seen a lot of episodes play out over periods of time that ultimately were entirely due to excessive Methamphetamine usage.

Experiencing cognitive decline is pretty normal with Methamphetamine. There are well-defined reasons in terms of neurochemistry. I think it's difficult for people to realize and reconcile that their drugs are causing these problems, as they're pretty antithetical to why they began using the drug in the first place, thinking it could make things better, that is.

I would advise you to consult real medical help if you're even a little bit worried. It could be nothing, but it could be serious. I definitely recommend the doctor.

I'm curious too about some of this. How are you physically too? I have high blood pressure but I eat like a pig and I've gained 60 pounds in the past year, im about 335 lbs, 6 foot 2. I've noticed my blood pressure has gotten pretty high and im out of breathe easily but I think my weight is causing most of this.
Physically I am in decent ship I think. Weight is steady. I do look older than I should for 40 years old. My blood pressure is high everytime I check and generally top or bottom number is in stage 2 hypertension. Have an I watch and I’ve yet to see my resting bpm under 95. Seen it as high as 155.
The gas issue is whats been happening since last September and it’s gotta be meth related bc when I had a decent stop (over a month) the issue didn’t happen. 4 days into running and had another 4 day episode.
Two things I know are directly related is the gas bubble getting trapped and urinary track issues. It’s more than the normal struggle meth use causes with the start/stop trickling. I had two uti’s followed by a kidney stone which btw the most painful event of my life by far and how I was able to fairly easily stop for a month.
I asked the doctor about the gas issues and he said would need further testing but IBS or Chrons was a possibility. I didn’t mention my extra curricular activities bc im paranoid they will just write me off as a loony tweaker. Was supposed to see a urologist as a follow up but I do not have any kind of insurance and looking at a 300 dollar bill before blood work tests.
I had been three times to the er this last year and previous to last year I’ve never gone. The blood clot in my kidney followed by treatment for the clap then the stone.
The nurses asked on last two visits if i took bp meds and i said no and no follow up.
I have made multiple efforts to stop using and on my second to last attempt went all in on it. Inpatient rehab for 6 weeks followed by na and worked the steps.
Something in my thinking changes and I know the correct moves to Make and literally can’t do them. Once the last relapse occurred last May I decided after 15-20 tries, it’s not in the cards for me.
I can hide it exceptionally well if not for the sweating that’s really annoying. I live in Florida too so while sweating is normal I’ll sweat so bad on hot days it literally looks like I jumped in the pool with my clothes on. This has been present since first use in 2013. Always said once I loose my health I’ll stop and that day is coming faster then anticipated and kidney failure is as likely as heart failure. Cognitive decline and different ways of thinking are direct results too.
Forgetting the words I’m looking for has went from occasional to seemingly any conversation especially if it’s emotionally charged. Which btw something to think about for anyone who wants to see what tina is about, i believe the brain damage is irreversible and once dependance kicks in
your either gonna accept the addiction and roll with it or stop and even at a year, still find your muscles tensed up, possibly even dumber with out using, and concentrating on every bad thing that’s happened or could happen. I went on Zoloft to help with that and All the Zoloft accomplished was killing my libido.
The fact that inflation is outta control the price of ice is 3x cheaper than it was even 5 years ago. I’m definitely not complaining but the money factor used to drive a desire to stop where as now it’s cheaper then my weed habit if I was not methed up.

I assume you're talking abou Methamphetamine?

When someone using Amphetamines begins to talk about sudden, unexpected and/or random issues it could be a symptom of the simulants. I've seen people go from "I don't feel right" to "I have people following me all over the place" to "the FBI are outside and I'm gonna kill all of them". I'm not saying this is you. I've just seen a lot of episodes play out over periods of time that ultimately were entirely due to excessive Methamphetamine usage.

Experiencing cognitive decline is pretty normal with Methamphetamine. There are well-defined reasons in terms of neurochemistry. I think it's difficult for people to realize and reconcile that their drugs are causing these problems, as they're pretty antithetical to why they began using the drug in the first place, thinking it could make things better, that is.

I would advise you to consult real medical help if you're even a little bit worried. It could be nothing, but it could be serious. I definitely recommend the doctor.
I am referring to Methamphetamine and like to read up on the information out there.
There was one outfit that wasnt rehab propaganda and very impressed by it. I cant remember the name but thinking nicb?
It’s a government research program. The neurotoxicity of meth use is undeniable.
Even only after a couple uses. I can remember everything looking like dope when sober, like in the shower and the water on the shower curtain looked like a puddle id want to chase. I’m also certain the cognitive decline is immediate as well and the craziness to that is the first effort to stop after maybe a year of runnng/crashing and renourishing before next run my memory was noticeably shit and simple questions would confuse me.
Forgot to mention I’m quite positive my circadian rhythm is defunct. During a very long stop, over a year, I developed exploding head syndrome which is right when your at the point of falling asleep you hear something loud as hell (door slamming for me) that startles you and it’s a hallucination. I’d also experience a bright light as if someone had a spot light in my eyes and open my eyes to a dark room. Crazy shit.
I do believe there’s a lot of absolute nonsense surrounding meth addiction any drug addiction really, the meth bug shit just bothers the hell out of me bc I’ve crossed paths with many a tweakers and no one ever mentioned nor have I seen someone picking there skin bc of a bug sensation.
I’ve seen scabs and dated a chick who would pop black heads that weren’t there for hours and fuck her face up that way but that’s by far the worse skin condition I’ve come across.
Cuts, knicks, scrapes bruising on me take way longer to heal than they should but all I know for direct consequence of meth use as far as appearance. Mental health however meth abuse with out a doubt puts a hurt on it and it doesn’t take long at all before it’s noticeable even if your not self aware

Not only the meth….but consider all the poison you are ingesting with the meth. Your meth isn’t pharma grade it’s probably full of toxic shit, metals leeched in from lab equipment or used in synthesis is a concern with any non pharmaceutical drug used over long time periods.

Synthetic byproducts, dealers adding god knows what to stretch the material

Not only the meth….but consider all the poison you are ingesting with the meth. Your meth isn’t pharma grade it’s probably full of toxic shit, metals leeched in from lab equipment or used in synthesis is a concern with any non pharmaceutical drug used over long time periods.

Pry wishful thinking and unsure how ice is made but the shake n bake process all the bad shit is sunk in the slurry minus the draino in the last step. The lithium, Coleman’s coldpacks and lye are all undergoing chemical changes and adding or subtracting that one electron from ephedrine to methamphetamine.
Honestly I hate to really think about its toxicty cause them bottles are still chemically active for days after the cooking is done. Used to get sore tongue from smoking it. Burns ridiculously bad through the nose and the tiniest miss will injecting leaves a gigantic area of dead tissue around it. Proof that addicts do not properly evaluate risks

I have to admit that this is totally unknown information to me. It's not something I ever considered. Hearing you say it, it now seems obvious as a possibility. Is there any data out there with information regarding this? I read an article somewhere a long time ago called "The New Meth" or something like that. It's easy to find if you search for it. The article alleges basically that it's the precusrors/method used to make the Methamphetamine that has changed. In the interview, you'll see a lot of old-timers commenting that in their day, Methamphetamine did not lead so quickly to insanity and psychosis as it does now.

I've been around people who use Amphetamines and shit to great excess and I've never seen a single one of them dancing around and gyrating uncontrollably like that. I remember heavy Amphetamine users, and this is over 10 years ago and I'm speaking of Amphetamine/Dextroamphetamine as Meth was not a thing in New England back then, doing repetitive behaviors like licking their lips, playing with their hair, tapping their feet, but I never saw one person dancing around like I see literally every Methamphetamine user doing here in Burlington, VT. These folks I'm speaking of could easily kill 300mg Dextroamphetamine in a 24hr period, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Whatever it is, it seems that their is something fairly fucked up with the illicit Methamphetamine supply in North America. I'd love to know what it is. There has to be some reason for the difference. I don't believe it would be that hard for the authorities to test some of it for these things. I'd love to hear more about it from anyone with knowledge. Meth isn't really my thing, but it's a major topic of concern for me, just because of its increased prevalence and aforementioned new side-effects.

I have to admit that this is totally unknown information to me. It's not something I ever considered. Hearing you say it, it now seems obvious as a possibility. Is there any data out there with information regarding this? I read an article somewhere a long time ago called "The New Meth" or something like that. It's easy to find if you search for it. The article alleges basically that it's the precusrors/method used to make the Methamphetamine that has changed. In the interview, you'll see a lot of old-timers commenting that in their day, Methamphetamine did not lead so quickly to insanity and psychosis as it does now.

I've been around people who use Amphetamines and shit to great excess and I've never seen a single one of them dancing around and gyrating uncontrollably like that. I remember heavy Amphetamine users, and this is over 10 years ago and I'm speaking of Amphetamine/Dextroamphetamine as Meth was not a thing in New England back then, doing repetitive behaviors like licking their lips, playing with their hair, tapping their feet, but I never saw one person dancing around like I see literally every Methamphetamine user doing here in Burlington, VT. These folks I'm speaking of could easily kill 300mg Dextroamphetamine in a 24hr period, which is nothing to sneeze at.

Whatever it is, it seems that their is something fairly fucked up with the illicit Methamphetamine supply in North America. I'd love to know what it is. There has to be some reason for the difference. I don't believe it would be that hard for the authorities to test some of it for these things. I'd love to hear more about it from anyone with knowledge. Meth isn't really my thing, but it's a major topic of concern for me, just because of its increased prevalence and aforementioned new side-effects.
The old heads I know are all from rural Ohio where i spent good chunk of time and the shake n bake meth was the main thing. They cooked it themselves and was told (unsure if true) that the lithium is the cause for the dancing in place stuff. One fellow even added an xtra batt to his mix and cant say i noticed that effect but didnt do a significantly amount to really notice. Shards were extremely rare until 2014/2015 and the quality difference is most definitely noticeable. The taste was funky too especially if it wasn’t dried all the way yet.
Been craving that taste lately lol
I’m in Florida since 2016 and most these folks haven’t even seen the coke looking meth. Pry more differences other then potency and the reason behind the drop in price is due to cheaper precursors used by the cartels who have flooded the markets