• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Health complications from IVing oral methadone syrup?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
Hello,

Let me preface this by saying I know I was advised against this and that it is very idiotic, I am doing my best to stop doing it but for whatever reason I keep doing it.

I figured because it is liquid it is safer then injecting pills due to no powder like binders in the solution? I am diluting the methadone 1:1 with water.

I haven’t noticed any side effects except I have been clearing my throat and coughing a lot the last few days and idk if it’s related to the methadone? Could this be damaging my lungs?

Trying my
Best to stop I know

Most common are likely injection site complications (abscess and infection) and vein damage/collapse. Infection can be severe and result in loss of limbs and even death.

Its more unclear how else the ingredients in oral suspensions harm the body, but it isn't good for you.

I used to do it myself for a while years ago. I don't remember it being for a particularly long period of time but I think it fucked up my veins permanently. That stuff burns.

You should obviously stop ASAP but if you can't be convinced otherwise you should at least filter it through a wheel (micron) filter.