Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Headaches/ crashing on mdma

Zenoe

Greenlighter
Hi,

I've taken mdma (tested) 6 times now, and 3 of them times I end up crashing and getting a bad headache after about 5 hours.. Is there any way to prevent this? I'm a 5'9 average weight female.

The times the headaches have come I've gone home to rest which removes it, but hate leaving raves early :/

Any advice? Thanks

Do you test your drugs? Are you making sure you stay hydrated? Do you wear ear protection? Are you prone to headaches when sober as well? Those are all factors that can contribute to that. Too much alcohol and dehydration are the two most common causes I think

Yeah it's tested high quality mdma, I dont mix alcohol and md ever. However I am prone to headaches sober. Maybe taking paracetamol out with me is a good idea?

not just being dehydrated can give you a headache. If you didnt have a nutritious meal earlier in the day it could be your body being low on vitamins. Take some vitamins when you roll. Just dont take any 5-HTP until the next day to avoid Serotonin Syndrome.

Hmm yeah not eating is probably the most likely reason for it as I hardly ate in the day. Can you recommend any certain vitamins or just general multi vitamin tablets?

I always eat before I roll, just so I don't risk getting sick. As long as you eat 30-45 before you wanna roll, you'll be fine. You won't roll on an empty stomach but you also ate early enough so the stomachs acids won't just dissolve your caps and kill your high before it starts.
Also, taking Vitamin C caps right before rolling will actually make your roll n more intense. The same goes for just drinking a little orange juice ?

You wanna eat a big healthy meal, but leave at least 2-3 hours before you drop. Taking it any closer to eating will diminish the effects. There's a list of ideal MDMA supplements in order of importance on rollsafe.org

Vitamin C will actually negatively effect the duration of the high, in theory, due to raising stomach acidity (sorry can't remember exactly why that is). It's still a good supplement to take though, but you should take an antacid like tums 30 mins before the MDMA to counter the acidity (again, rollsafe explains this)

Other than that, make sure you have tested, high purity MDMA, don't take heavy doses, and don't redose more than once. Stay hydrated with isotonic sports drinks. Take breaks from dancing. Don't combine with other drugs (except things like weed, psychedelics, ketamine if you're into that, or benzodiazepines for emergency trip abortions)

If you're still getting the headaches after that I'd reckon it's probably something to do with your particular physiology, that you might not be able to help. Some mild painkillers could be worth a shot.

vitamin c just reduces neuto toxicity sincer it's a powerfull anti oxidant. try taking some magnesium and drink a lot of water..it might help