• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Headache or migraine caused by chronic smoking.

Lisergiko

Greenlighter
March 2011 - I was 16 years old, and I was curious and I tried marijuana. I start smoking couple of times a month.
2012 - I keep up that rhythm without overdoing it. I fantasize around and get in touch with spirituality and psychedelia
January 2013 - I start smoking frequently. Within April 2013, I became a daily smoker.
May 2014 - 1 year of daily smoking of 6-7 grams a day with friends and it's more than a week that i have strong headache after my first session of the day (11am-4pm) and mild headache after my second (8pm-11pm)

I think it's time to stop it for a while, but i find it really hard. What can I do ?

Well if you get headaches everytime you smoke, then the only way to stop the headaches is to stop smoking, right? If it is actually related to your cannabis smoking, you might've just got a headache that day.

It's not too hard, start by setting a goal of not smoking for one week, then when that week is over, set it for another week, or a month, and by the time you're a few weeks in it's actually not that hard to stop, cause you'll feel clearheaded and a lot better energetically.

I get headaches all the time when I smoke really often.... Didn't use to be that way but it became that way over time. I took a long break once and it went away but now it's starting to come back again annoyingly. I think I'm just going to switch to smoking while tripping from now on, not built for everyday smoking I suppose.... I'm actually starting to appreciate being sober more though these days anyway.

Really, all I can say is cut back a bit. The less often I smoke, the less bad it is.

I am a daily smoker and get headaches/migraines alot, usually weekends.

From my experience I've gathered that when I eat too much (munchies) or inhale too much smoke on hot days or just generelly don't drink enough water my eyes go too dry and there is a pounding pain from the back of my eyes to my forehead

My gran one day told me that she gets 'occular migraines' and eye drops help, so I tried rubing water on my eyes the next time I got a migraine and sure enough the migraine retreated...for about an hour.

So try some eye drops maybe?