L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

He doesn't want me anymore

oxygirlinct

Bluelighter
I know this is going to be an annoying "woe is me" type post, so feel free to stop reading.

I'm a 24 year old (so I hear) fairly attractive young woman. My long-term boyfriend is 31 and he is very physically attractive (although very modest). I've been feeling like a needy puppy, begging for sex or any type of intimacy for a long time now. We've been together 4 years and at the beginning things were amazing -- round 3, 4, 5, hours upon hours and it was obvious it was mutually enjoyable. This started at college, so of course I don't expect things to be that way now. Things are SO far from that now that I wonder how that was ever physically possible for him. I can't even remember the last round 2 we had, the last time we had morning sex, the last time we spent all day hiding from our responsibilities because we just couldn't keep our hands to ourselves. He missed the SUPERBOWL one year for goodness sakes.

After graduation, we both moved back in with our parents and for several years our sex life took a steady decline, of course. While I wasn't a fan, I was understanding and dealt with it. However, it seemed even when we had perfect opportunities, he'd make excuses not to take advantage of them. (FYI He has severe anxiety and OCD so sometimes that played a role "is that my mothers car?" etc etc) Yet, on occasion, I'd get a rise (hehe) out of him by sending sexy texts or pictures and we'd even go so far as to rent nice hotel rooms so we could be intimate. We would have a good time, but still he could not last long (I know that could have to do with the frequency of sex but I'm sure he masturbated) and sometimes he didn't really seem to be as considerate as he used to. I used to get the royal treatment and he enjoyed every second. Now it's like a chore after he comes taking care of me. It was all very confusing to me. Meanwhile, sex went from awesome, passionate, hours upon hours, to basically premature ejaculation. He's a considerate guy so it's always "did you come? did you come?" and, if not, he seems to feel obligated (not hot if it feels like he's not enjoying it anymore) to go down on me. Sometimes even if I do come, I don't feel satisfied. Men and women are different...sometimes I'll be on the edge of a second orgasm and if he knows I've come once it becomes completely irrelevant. Female blue balls. I began touching myself and telling him how hot he got me that I was nearly about to come twice but seeing his reaction killed it for me.

We talked about getting our own apartment and talked about how we'd be naked all the time and I'd be "all over him constantly" (because he considers me to be the sexually needy one, of course). We've fought before about how i have "too high of a sex drive" and "expect too much" and put too much emphasis on sex. I think this is NOT the case..I'm happy to have sex once a week, whatever, life happens. But I have needs and I don't understand why he doesn't. (I know he does...I've gotten some sexy videos and texts...its very confusing) We had sexy conversations, fantasizing about what it would be like. We've gotten the apartment and in over a month have had sex only about 3 times (1 was one of the first nights and 2 of which happened because I just got really high, felt confident as hell, and just had my way with him). But I just can't take it anymore.

Not only is it rare that we have sex, but when we do he lasts no more than a few minutes. I feel like I've tried to communicate with him about this in a very non-judgemental way so many times. I've tried things, made suggestions, used positive reinforcement to boost his confidence, I just don't know. Last night was one of those 3 times and tonight I really wanted to get intimate because I'm still feeling a little sexually frustrated from my unfinished business from last night. To be fair, he stayed up far too late and has work early in the morning. But we spent hours on the couch watching movies where I tried to cuddle, touch him, whatever..and he's more interested in his laptop or somewhat apathetic. Before bed, he asked if I wanted to spoon for 5 mins before bed so I took this as an opportunity to get a serious makeout sesh in..telling him how much I love his lips and how I'd missed kissing him. I felt him getting turned on (I was only wearing panties and he's a total ass man) but, of course, rejection because he has to wake up early. It takes the man no more than 5 minutes to come anyways. I'm not sure if (like many other things in his life - like job prospects - he feels like he's just not good enough or not going to fulfill the role properly so why even put in the work and potentially leave me unsatisfied??)

I'm becoming frustrated to the point of tears. I don't think it's me - physically nothing has changed. He says it's not me. I know he's not cheating (I know many of you are skeptical, I would be too, but he's not) He says he thinks the fact that he's not been going to the gym like he used to plays a role. He's very insecure in many aspects of his life right now and feels powerless/like a fuck up and maybe this is just another area. Maybe he feels like why try because it's not going to be good enough? (Would make sense considering his learned helplessness in all other areas).

But we have so many other issues in our relationship to work through that if we can't even manage to have good sex once in a blue moon, I feel like I'm destined for misery (already am). I have an opiate problem and sometimes cheat to give myself the confidence I need to initiate and do all the right things, which makes it all the more frustrating when I'm essentially rejected. I shave my entire body, coat myself in $50 lotion, perfume, sleep in the panties I know he likes...it's like I'm incapable of seducing my own boyfriend. He's fucked as far as getting a good night's sleep goes anyways, whats another 5 minutes?

I can't handle this feeling of rejection anymore. Not to mention I'm a very sexual person and so that in itself drives me crazy. AND trying to stay sober during this...I'm just losing my mind. I just want to feel wanted, attracted, pursued.

WHY DOES HE NOT WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH ME?

Sorry, thanks for listening. I don't want to be a cheater to such a loyal, honest man -- but this is only one part of the dysfunction going on and I'm just feeling all alone and now to top it off I'm sexually frustrated and essentially begging my boyfriend to touch me. It's distracting me from very important thing I have going on in my life career-wise. I just need to know if anyone has any insight. I'm completely (and have been for nearly 4 years) willing to research this and to try what I can, but it seems like there's nothing I can do.

" I have an opiate problem and sometimes cheat to give myself the confidence I need to initiate and do all the right things, which makes it all the more frustrating when I'm essentially rejected."

Wow. Have you thought about your man knows about your opiate addiction and gets turned off ? I know I would. It seems he doesn't care for his sex life a lot. It seems like he doesn't really find you attractive any more. He sounds he is still with you other reasons than sex, which can be good ( mature ) or bad ( not interested at all, stays with you for the sake. ) .

You know we men like women to play with our heads. Having the most beautiful shaved woman on the bed doesn't just cut it. We are a bit women like after one two years have passed in the relationship and we also need to feel wanted, that you are our friend and we can talk feel nice in the relationship etc. Also when a man is not feeling nice , for example he doesnt have a job or doesn't feel in power his sex drive will be lower. Maybe you are TOO PUSHY about it and now all he thinks is "oh I should please her again...." and he can't relax.

It's all speculation until you really talk to him. If you did and you feel you are not getting what you want then you should find a new guy that will please you. You don't have to stay in a relationship just because it's long term or anything. Sex is a major thing for many guys/girls and a deal breaker.

Why don't you talk to him about that ? What does he say ? It seems like you don't communicate.

You have many other issues in the relationship, and the sex is gone: it's over. Life is too short to keep this relationship going. It's time to move on with your life and have some new experiences.

He has to put in effort if this relationship is gonna work..u guys gotta try new things,maybe take a dancing class..something new that will get u guys close to each other mentally physically and emotionally..when u first got together things were new and exciting so all that led to better sex because u guyswere really vibing each other and the endorphins were flying around..now u guys sound like roommates..I'm sure he loves u but That physical lust and attraction doesn't last forever but can be brought back if both parties are in 100%..u have your own problems to deal with and "being confident to have sex with my bf" is not an excuse to use u want to add to your life.wish u all the best

He sounds depressed. I would try and work on it some more before giving up entirely. I am a horny guy too, I am always making the advances but I've learned that if I hold back more it turns her on more. Have you ever considered you may be acting too forward?

The relationship is over. Clearly hea just not into you. Your both unhappy and this relationship is not good for your opiate addiction

Just take a deep breath cut ties move on

It is what it is now

All your responses have been insightful, I appreciate your opinions.

He doesn't use drugs, he does know about my issue but thinks I'm sober.

He's VERY depressed, anxious and feels badly about himself. we graduated from college about 3 years ago and he still hasn't found a job. His anxiety gets in the way of him interviewing and applying so he's still working at the same job he has been for years and he hates it. He feels very inadequate and his self-esteem is so low...I try to help whenever I can because I really do care about him.

You're right, we don't communicate well. I express myself well and I communicate a lot, but he's always struggled with expressing himself. It often seems like he doesn't even know how he feels or what he's thinking. His OCD/anxiety gives him a lot of mental blocks and sometimes he's so petrified to say the wrong thing that he just stays (literally) silent.

And yes, I have considered I'm too forward. Most times I don't push it but I think he feels like I'm constantly, secretly sulking. I think he feels I resent him for not being physical with me and it's just another thing he has to "work on." No one gets turned on by feeling like they have to "work on" something..it's like another task or obligation in life. I totally get it. I'm going to try to stop making him feel that way and really try to not think about sex for a bit. If I genuinely do not resent him, he can't get that feeling lol. I try not to let him know, but occasionally I make a comment or something, which I'm sure makes him feel inadequate or stressed.

He's really at a low point right now because he hasn't gotten a better job. It's crushing and I think he's pretty miserable. His close friends are getting married, having kids, buying houses, and he hasn't gotten his first good job yet. Every year that passes, I think he gets more depressed. I think it's a bigger issue than just sex, but when I was writing the initial post that's what was on my mind.

If it was just sex, I'd think of course he's just not attracted to me anymore and we should probably split up, but because it's kind of the whole relationship in general and kind of just HIM in general, I feel like it's probably about more than sex and physical attraction. Maybe?

I think I try to talk to him too much. I'm always trying to connect with him, whether it's talking, cuddling, fucking, texting, whatever. I think I need to pull away a little it (legitimately, not pretending) and see if less pressure is the key to improving things a bit.

I think my drug problem has a bigger role than I like to admit as well. It affects my mood quite bit as well as my physical state (getting sick, not feeling well, etc.). He has never done drugs and is a bit naive so he usually doesn't know what's going on with me in that department other than what I tell him..unless I'm falling asleep or something, then he may suspect something's up. lol

He has to put in effort if this relationship is gonna work..u guys gotta try new things,maybe take a dancing class..something new that will get u guys close to each other mentally physically and emotionally..when u first got together things were new and exciting so all that led to better sex because u guyswere really vibing each other and the endorphins were flying around..now u guys sound like roommates..I'm sure he loves u but That physical lust and attraction doesn't last forever but can be brought back if both parties are in 100%..u have your own problems to deal with and "being confident to have sex with my bf" is not an excuse to use u want to add to your life.wish u all the best

I think this captures a lot of what's going on. Thanks for that. When we do finally do something together, I notice things between us are better - like when we first got together. We went to the pool in our new apartment complex for the first time a few weeks ago, and we had such a good time (I kinda taught him how to swim a bit, tread water, etc) and when we got back he seemed really happy and wanted to be around me. He even asked me to take a shower with him and I could see he got physically aroused by me a few times which made me feel good, of course..

I think he's just unhappy.

He sounds apathetic like u said and a little frustrated with life..I'm a guy around his age, almost 30,and it's kinda tough because u feel like u can't mess around anymore. To an already anxious person it's debilitating if u aren't good at keeping your emotions in check

..if you can't do the things u want like get a good job u start to get down on yourself because u know u are good enough but the fear/anxiety is too much..u feel stuck and it can become overwhelming because u feel like you are a waste and to much of a bitch to be a man and go get what u deserve..if u have no love for yourself u can't give love to someone else.

teaching him things is great like the swimming thing..that can get me very attracted to a girl if she can teach me something..like u said kinda back it down ,nothing dramatic to mess up the peace just less time spent..more quality less quantity..

il never understand turning a gf down for sex continually tho..I understand that life happens and work sucks..but fuck it!! life sucks it can only get better banging your gf into oblivion....enless I'm on opiates that's the only thing that will make me indifferent about sex..good luck!!!%)

Last edited:
At the start he was happier. We were in college at the time so everyone is on the same playing field -- no life pressures related to finding/keeping a job yet. Of course school is stressful, but he seemed much, much happier. We had tons of fun together, everything about our relationship seemed to make him happy. Most importantly though, he felt like he was doing what he was supposed to be doing in life and for that time period he was "on schedule." there wasn't any pressure because he was in school -- obviously while you're going to school full time there is no pressure to get married and have kids or (most relevant in this case) to get the job you went back to school to obtain.

I know this isn't helping, probably making things so much worse and I'm fucking myself over royally right now. but I left the bed to come to the couch with my laptop. He made an effort to cuddle me for a few minutes and we talked for a few minutes. It was only a matter of time though before he flipped over onto his stomach, signifying it was time for me to retreat. I just so badly wanted to feel some sort of desire from him and I let emotions take over. I went to the bathroom for longer than usual to compose myself (nd use the bathroom)..I came back and could tell he was pissed "what were u DOING.." I know I pissed him off my moving too much in bed, getting up a few times, whatever. But I can't help it, right now I have a lot of feelings and I just don't care. My fucking feelings are hurt and I'm sad. I just want him to touch me in a meaningful way. I don't want a pity cuddle for a few minutes before he predictably flips over on his stomach and tucks his arms to his sides. I'm sorry if I sound like an ass. And I'm sorry to him for causing what I'm sure seems like a little hissy fit rigtht now at nearly 5 am. But I think I will "accidentally fall asleep on the couch: while working on my material for my exam tomorrow because I "couldn't sleep" ...im the one who has to wake up early for a big exam, he doesn't work until early evening -- at least that part doesn't make me feel guilty.

I'm just so sick of feeling like a roommate. I feel like a charity project to him. I just want him t lean over and kiss me for a few minutes. Get on top of me and just make out with me for 2 minutes. I don't need sex, I don't need anything exciting and crazy..I just want something to make me feel like I'm even remotely wanted.

ugh I'm so sorry I feel like a drama queen and this post is written not the way I'd want it. Im an emotional wreck right now..I never do things right, I don't blame him for being annoyed with me all the time, for wanting to be far away from me. I wouldnt want me either

You are not being a drama queen,your are just being human..u have feelings,its not your fault hes distant and detached..getting your emotions out is better than holding them in..u sound just like a normal woman who has an exam in the morning and is stressed who wants to feel at ease by some lovin from her bf..nothing wrong with that..

dont beat yourself up too much it sounds like u do enough of that already..life sucks sometimes..u will be okay with or without him

You are not being a drama queen,your are just being human..u have feelings,its not your fault hes distant and detached..getting your emotions out is better than holding them in..u sound just like a normal woman who has an exam in the morning and is stressed who wants to feel at ease by some lovin from her bf..nothing wrong with that..

dont beat yourself up too much it sounds like u do enough of that already..life sucks sometimes..u will be okay with or without him

Thanks, it's hard to figure out whether I'm being reasonable. I'm constantly trying to figure out whether I'm asking/expecting too much.

I appreciate the reality check :)

The exam went well though! :)

We have only a 6 month lease (about 4 to go); I'm pretty sure at that time there will be a major decision made. If things still feel the same between us and he still hasn't found a job, I think it would be senseless to stick around. I care about him and support him 100% but I've devoted quite a bit of myself to him with very little in return - neither of us will be happy that way.

It's really pretty scary how some people can present as someone completely different initially. He said and did everything right, it was straight out of an instructional book or romantic movie lol. I'd never been in a healthy relationship and was so proud of myself for finding someone so "normal." He was polite, everyone loved him (even my picky family who hates everyone), handsome, so sweet and thoughtful, great in bed, got the most thoughtful gifts - just too perfect. We had a lot of mutual friends so I had the inside scoop - they'd tell me how much he'd talk about me and I could see so clearly from his actions he wanted nothing more than to be around me all the time. Once he had me and he realized I wasn't going anywhere, he started to change - first it was mostly jealousy over an ex I was still close with and concerns of cheating and lying. Prior to him, I (mostly) dated women and considered myself to be somewhere on the spectrum (kinsey scale-style) between gay and bisexual. I think this caused him to feel very insecure and to worry that I would either "go back" or be secretly wanting to. At some point his anxiety forced him to pretty much turn that worry off and close that chapter...then began the kind of apathetic BS. The OCD adds a really unpredictable spin to things. He's confusing, very hard to figure out sometimes.

I appreciate you guys giving me the opportunity to gain some outright perspective and to get some of this out - it's very helpful. I'm sad/scared because I think in a few months I'll be in a really tough place and there are still so many things I love about him, but I think for a lot of reasons we shouldn't be together :?

Being single is really much easier.

" My fucking feelings are hurt and I'm sad. I just want him to touch me in a meaningful way. I don't want a pity cuddle for a few minutes before he predictably flips over on his stomach and tucks his arms to his sides. I'm sorry if I sound like an ass. "

He's got childish issues. if he can't work it out - with or without you, move on.

I hate that I dedicated so much to him and to this relationship. I'm leaning more towards a break-up when our lease expires and it feels like #1 terrifying and all the other normal break-up feelings that suck and #2 like I'm giving up and throwing away 5 years of work.

It's easy to conceptualize things and frame them differently (is it better to waste 5 years or 50? etc etc) but it's still hard.

I so badly want to help him but I'm his girlfriend, not his life coach. I feel like breaking up with him would make him feel inadequate about yet another area in his life and make him depressed. I think about how he feels and what would make him happy constantly, I think I make too many decisions with him in mind. I never make a decision based solely on what I want or what's good for me.

I asked him if he saw us together a year from now and he said "No one knows the future, but hopefully." :/ He wants things to be good but it's just like getting a job -- as much as he wants things to be a certain way, he does nothing to work towards it or improve the situation. He's in a constant state of Learned helplessness