Recruiting Have you used nitrous oxide in the last month? What did it feel like? (new survey)

camietpeckham

Greenlighter
Hello!

I'm looking to recruit people for a survey investigating the phenomenology of nitrous oxide (or what nitrous oxide feels like). I am interested in exploring individual differences in the response, and seeing if they can be predicted with baseline measures (set & setting, but also trait variables).

The survey can be found by clicking here: https://goldpsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5hzF8cAuO80jzuZ.

It takes around 40 minutes to complete, and participation is not compensated.

This study began on the 11th January 2021 and will run until 11th July 2021, or until we have reached our goal sample size of 1000 participants.

It's open to English speakers who are at least 18 and who have used nitrous oxide in the last month.

You can read the information sheet of the study for more details by following the link.

The study has been approved by the Goldsmiths University Ethics Committee.

We are Ondine Cami Delaye, Azelie Koffi, Devin Terhune, Simon Ruffell and David Luke (from Goldsmiths University, the Maudsley and Greenwich University in London). This is part of my PhD on the phenomenology of nitrous oxide.

I can be contacted at [email protected], [email protected] or via the Bluelight private messaging system.

Cheers,

Cami

It is pretty much impossible to find a business that will fill a tank. I had a 20# (9 kilo) for quite a while and then they just said they couldn't fill it anymore.

I have separated N2O from the effects of hypoxia and I usually take small hits of the gas mixed with normal breathing or even oxygen. That actually seems to enhance the nitrous experience. It seems to bring out things you have long since forgotten and as I get older that is a good thing. I remember details of things that happened decades ago and it makes me smile. I also find I write better with some gas in my system. Looking at it later, the prose holds up. Some day I may take some of these things and incorporate them into a novel.

I tried the little silver canisters fired into balloons and then inhailed for the first time 3 weeks ago with a friend 2 seperate occasions.
I don't know enough about it to head to a 40 min survey I'm afraid
All I can say is it was a super nice feeling but doesn't last long enough and was tedious trying not to break the balloons and we was only able to inflate them to small med size so prob wasted alot of product aswell.. plus wasn't ours a friend left them behind at the friends who brought them to mine.
Sorry I can't be much help

If you could put it in a pill and make that feeling last an hour or more I think we'd all be hooked lol but for what it was, I wouldn't go out of my way to find it.

I tried the little silver canisters fired into balloons and then inhailed for the first time 3 weeks ago with a friend 2 seperate occasions.
I don't know enough about it to head to a 40 min survey I'm afraid
All I can say is it was a super nice feeling but doesn't last long enough and was tedious trying not to break the balloons and we was only able to inflate them to small med size so prob wasted alot of product aswell.. plus wasn't ours a friend left them behind at the friends who brought them to mine.
Sorry I can't be much help

If you could put it in a pill and make that feeling last an hour or more I think we'd all be hooked lol but for what it was, I wouldn't go out of my way to find it.
You can get a good setup on amazon with next day shipping for fairly cheep, like cheaper than a good bong and some good weed, I mean if you were considering huffing NO2 again.
and if you order in bulk you can get like 50 of those capsules for less than £1 each.

You can get a soda bottle for about $35US. I still advise a filter, a real one. On inline fuekl filter is better than nothing. Pack the input with oil absorber, bum a little cup of it from your mechanic. I am paying about 35-40 cents each for carts through Amazon when you buy 600.
I just added oxygen to my rig. If you get the nitrous buzz going, a hit of oxygen enhances it. I am putting 10 PSI as a precharge to my soda bottle, that flows about 3.5-3 liters per minute but when the gas is gone from the bottle, the oxygen hits behind it are still good. It also all but eliminates the chance of hypoxia.

I have information but I'm not sure if i could entirely afford 40 minutes, thats pretty steep. I write a fair amount of surveys for academic studies and i feel like many of the surveys on here don't take into account the inevitable participant attrition rate in this population (despite someone like me who can appreciate the desire to get a good N but am still unwilling to participate). Many of these also feature the inability to skip questions which means you lose a good deal of probably ok data in later questions from those that dropped out.

I will fill it out, as I enjoy Nitrous and my most recent non-recreational experience was exactly 7 days ago.

I don’t use a big refillable tank, I just buy the cartridges and I’ve used as many as 80 over 8 hours.

This is professional whipped cream dispenser. I used this as intended prior to using it for nefariousness. Note the different tips that produce a number of different aesthetic effects. I used to decorate cakes. 🎂

Ma'am I could be a bad influence on you. I use a loader and I have no problem going through 100-150 in a few hours. I try to keep it down to a case of 600 lasting a month. I fail at that about half the time.

This is V1.0

Cart%20Loader%20open.JPG

This is up around V2.1 with a timer to try to pace myself and an oxygen feed into the vessel. The oxygen does help the effect.
from%20top.jpg

Back.jpg

Well @Gary White, you completely sabotaged the whipped cream canister’s integrity when you drilled the hole in the bottom for the O2 input tubing.

What’re you going to do the next time you need to decorate a fancy dessert?

Ma'am I could be a bad influence on you. I use a loader and I have no problem going through 100-150 in a few hours. I try to keep it down to a case of 600 lasting a month. I fail at that about half the time.

This is V1.0

Cart%20Loader%20open.JPG

This is up around V2.1 with a timer to try to pace myself and an oxygen feed into the vessel. The oxygen does help the effect.
from%20top.jpg

Back.jpg
Have you taken the survey Gary?

That is some set up you’ve got. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen it before though, I remember that writing on the wood.