• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Have you tried the cannabis inhaler?

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Cali resident here with a medical MJ prescription. So I go to the local dispensary and see an MJ inhaler. Like the kind you use for asthma. Not a vape, but a mist of cannabis spray you inhale into your lungs. Pick one up, 100 puffs for $99 and a pull or two gets me high like a J, so I figure about $1 a toke is actually a good deal. It's totally discrete, I can use it in public. It doesn't smell, I can even travel with it on airplanes. Got me stoned as shit right away but felt a little weird on the lungs. No worse than a toke that makes you cough, but different kinda. Anyways, I like this and want to ween myself off smoking the herb. Anyone familiar with this product and been using this for a while? How does it hold up long term?

No I've never used this but if I were going to ever use cannabis again I would possibly consider using this as long as it did not damage the throat/lungs like smoking and vaping does, or how it's not the best thing for your lungs to be inhaling smoke or vapor daily. I'd want it to be in a metered dose that's consistent and easy to gauge how high you would get from it unlike with edibles.

Is the type of inhaler you used called the "Puffit" inhaler? Apparently that's a vaporizer.

What was the high like for you? Is it pretty much just like vaping?

I tried something at a convention a while ago that was a inhaler that delivered CO2 hash without combustion based on the same design as an athsma type inhaler. I haven't seen it anywhere since, but it was legit.

Is the type of inhaler you used called the "Puffit" inhaler?

Nope, this is the real deal. No heating element. It's a true metered dose inhaler repurposed for cannabis.

What was the high like for you?

almost identical to vaping but more potent on a puff-per-puff basis. Dabbing is more potent than the inhaler but a lot more inefficient with product. As you might know, CO2 extracts lack many of the flavor compounds (turpenes) that have been proven to affect the high. I still find the high of straight MJ to be preferable to the high of vaping but it is time to give my poor lungs a break. It works really well if you smoke some herb then maintain high with inhaler.

I haven't seen it anywhere since, but it was legit.

From what I hear it is available only in Cali at select dispensaries. A lot of bay area dispensaries carry it.

I've never heard of it but I have asthma and I want one.

Vaping always still makes me cough because the vapor is hot.

Is the vapor that this produces cool/cold?

Can you use it even when you aren't having asthma just to get high (I'm guessing you can)?

The thing about asthma and weed is that I've always heard the argument that pure THC is GOOD for asthma but the tar is bad.

However, I get asthma from vaping too so I think it's more than just the tar cause I assume it removes more than that.

It must be mostly or at least partially the heat.

But in addition to that another asthmatic on here said that he DOESN'T get asthma from weed and he theorized that maybe it happens to me cause I might be allergic to weed pollen.

He MIGHT be right because I do have a bad pollen allergy and got asthma from pollen but I'm not sure that regular pollen is the same as weed pollen or how much pollen really is on weed.

If it IS a pollen allergy to you think that this THC inhaler might help with that or at least not cause asthma problems for me??

Also, I wonder if that is really what it is, because I have eaten weed with NO problem at all but if it were a real weed-pollen allergy I'd assume it would happen if I ate weed too...

Is the vapor that this produces cool/cold?

Yes, it is a cool mist. The nozzle of the inhaler produces particles of a certain diameter (~10 microns) so that when you inhale the particles stay in the lung. Smoke has a particle size of about 1 micron so when you inhale you also end up exhaling a lot too. The particles don't all stay in the lung as evidenced by the smoke you exhale. It uses product much more efficiently.

I get asthma from vaping too so I think it's more than just the tar cause I assume it removes more than that.

I'm hesitant to say that someone with asthma would benefit from this. If you can vape, I'd say you could try it, but I'd be very cautious to evaluate the effects. If you do try it be sure to comment. I'd like to know too.

with that last post I'm now a greenlighter. Booyaa! Edit: bluelighter, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
If it IS a pollen allergy to you think that this THC inhaler might help with that or at least not cause asthma problems for me??

Actually, funny you mention it, but I have a few long-term heavy-smoking friends who now claim they are allergic to pot. They still smoke it, but now carefully wash their hands after and often go into sneezing fits when smoking. It's possible. CO2 extract (I'm guessing here) has gotta have a heck of a lot less pollen then herb.

I heard those inhaler are dangerous to people who have asthma, and I know of two dispensary owners who refuse to carry the products because of bad reactions with people who actually had asthma (proof in video below). One person blacked out, and one immediately needed his inhaler. From what I understand it's the propellants (chlorofluorocarbons - the stuff that eats away the ozone) that are dangerous, and are supposed to be immediately exhaled and the problem is with people thinking they can hold it in.

These were brought up on last weeks episode of Hash Church, and a few experts such as Aaron from DNA genetics, Bubbleman, Etienne from Aqualabtechnologies, and Horacio Delbert (the limonene extract guy) talked about these.

These inhalers get brought up around 50:02 mark in this video

Last edited:
^ Thanks. Useful information. I talked to someone who had a lot of knowledge about it and am sharing it here, but not sure if it's a good transition from smoking. Trying to figure this out. It deposits a lot of mass in the lung compared to a vape or a joint. I think you need to give time for it to be absorbed before taking another puff.

From what I understand it's the propellants (chlorofluorocarbons - the stuff that eats away the ozone) that are dangerous, and are supposed to be immediately exhaled and the problem is with people thinking they can hold it in.

Actually, I looked it up and I disagree. The propellant is approved for infants. It's considered very safe for the lung and is contained in all metered-dose inhalers. There are only a few approved ingredients for inhalers as far as propellents and solvents go, these are all approved ingredients. Cannabis-extract is obviously not FDA approved.. This contains the most common propellant (forget what it's called, but there are only two to chose from) and ethanol to dissolve the wax.

^ Thanks. Useful information. I talked to someone who had a lot of knowledge about it and am sharing it here, but not sure if it's a good transition from smoking. Trying to figure this out. It deposits a lot of mass in the lung compared to a vape or a joint. I think you need to give time for it to be absorbed before taking another puff.

Actually, I looked it up and I disagree. The propellant is approved for infants. It's considered very safe for the lung and is contained in all metered-dose inhalers. There are only a few approved ingredients for inhalers as far as propellents and solvents go, these are all approved ingredients. Cannabis-extract is obviously not FDA approved.. This contains the most common propellant (forget what it's called, but there are only two to chose from) and ethanol to dissolve the wax.

I understand they've had to gone through a countless amount of studies to get passed by the FDA, but breathing and holding in the chlorofluorocarbons can't be good for your lungs. They point out that almost everything gets expelled on the exhale, but how safe is it to use in a cannabis inhaler where part of the general public believes holding their breath will get them higher?

Also they point out that everyone reacted fine to the inhalers, but the two people who had asthma BOTH had negative reactions. Maybe it's not the propellants, but something isn't right and I'd be careful using these products if you do have asthma. I have nothing against the product, but until there's further research and information available I'd personally approach them with caution. Marketing a product that looks like medicine for asthma patients, and administered like medicine for asthma patients which has a negative direct affect on asthma patients doesn't sit well with me.

They point out that almost everything gets expelled on the exhale, but how safe is it to use in a cannabis inhaler where part of the general public believes holding their breath will get them higher?

Good point. I don't hold it in, because there is no point really after a few seconds. That's different than how people consume cannabis, and I'm not sure if it could have negative effects. After seeing this I'd say people with asthma should stay away. Wish I understood it better, but glad you brought it up. I don't have asthma, and I have gone through two inhalers now without bad effects. Just kinda like the feeling of smoking and it feels more artificial, but it works, and I'm trying to make some changes

Cool looking product. Maybe this could work for you OP if you are trying to quit smoking? I can't tell if you are trying to use this to quit all together or to REPLACE smoking?

I can see this maybe helping you out short term, but I'd be skeptical of anything long term and I'm with Danky on being careful and maybe stay away completely if you have lung issues.

Anyway good luck with this and let us know how it ends for you?

Good point. I don't hold it in, because there is no point really after a few seconds. That's different than how people consume cannabis, and I'm not sure if it could have negative effects. After seeing this I'd say people with asthma should stay away. Wish I understood it better, but glad you brought it up. I don't have asthma, and I have gone through two inhalers now without bad effects. Just kinda like the feeling of smoking and it feels more artificial, but it works, and I'm trying to make some changes

I 100% agree. I'd be willing to try it ( I don't have asthma or any lung problems) but for those with any asthma or lung conditions I'd be weary. I know the video only provided two examples out of a small number of people, but that would be enough to scare me away. I'm all for new methods of administration and for people trying new things, but I think this is just one product that needs a little bit more time refining. If it works for you and you don't have any bad reactions, then I see no problem using it.

Why would this be any worse for an asthmatic (or anyone else) than smoking weed?

It sounds if anything like it would probably be safer for one's lungs than smoking though I'm not sure about vaping.

Is it because people are saying that you can't fully expel the bad shit you are inhaling because it won't make you cough like smoking will?

^ It's a new delivery system for most of us and not too many people are using it so it's very difficult to say why if anything. We only have a few samples of people to draw from at this point.

Great comments guys, thanks. ^^ Mycophile, I'm not sure how depositing that much mass in the lung affects someone with asthma. Yeah, you're not getting the tar and combustion products. You are getting a hefty dose of liquid particles deposited right in the lung. Hits you quick but it leaves a residue in your lung (just guessing) that takes time to be processed. You get the "minty lung" feeling just like smoking but lingers a bit longer. I confess I'm smoking it more than using the inhaler but I like the option.

^ It's a new delivery system for most of us and not too many people are using it so it's very difficult to say why if anything. We only have a few samples of people to draw from at this point.

I have never see or experienced this, although it sounds interesting.

Tried it and now I'm having trouble even breathing I myself have asthma but however my friends and boyfriend who tried it as well do not and are also having trouble breathing! This thing is very dangerous and I think should be recalled I wish I would have looked it up before trying it because I'm in a lot of pain in my chest as my boyfriend and friends are to! I REPEAT DO NOT TRY THIS!!!!