• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Have you found happiness in drug use?

Drugs alone won't give your life meaning and a long-term sense of satisfaction, if that's what you mean by happiness. But many of them can give you intensely pleasurable, euphoric and (sometimes) meaningful experiences.

Can food bring happiness?
It depends, eating food is certainly a pleasurable activity and having nice meal with someone I care about (or even by myself) can bring me happiness.
I'd probably feel pretty unhappy if binge eating junk food was the only thing I looked forward to on a day to day basis, specially if my overeating habit got to the point were it started taking a toll on my health (physically and/or psychologically).

Unlike food, most people don't need recreational drugs to survive but I think the analogy still stands. One shouldn't rely on one single thing for long term happiness, specially if that thing causes you to neglect other areas of your life.

Drugs alone won't give your life meaning and a long-term sense of satisfaction, if that's what you mean by happiness. But many of them can give you intensely pleasurable, euphoric and (sometimes) meaningful experiences.

Can food bring happiness?
It depends, eating food is certainly a pleasurable activity and having nice meal with someone I care about (or even by myself) can bring me happiness.
I'd probably feel pretty unhappy if binge eating junk food was the only thing I looked forward to on a day to day basis, specially if my overeating habit got to the point were it started taking a toll on my health (physically and/or psychologically).

Unlike food, most people don't need recreational drugs to survive but I think the analogy still stands. One shouldn't rely on one single thing for long term happiness, specially if that thing causes you to neglect other areas of your life.
Great point ; from my own personal experience I think it's all about balancing out different elements of your life.
Basically anything that's pleasurable can give you happiness. I don't get this distinction some people insist on making into 'baser and higher' pleasures.

So you might be intensely moved by some particularly beautiful music. It can also be a quickie down the alley. Equally, people will say the joy you can derive from substances is merely 'fake' compared to other things. But if I see a wonderful sunset or embrace a loved one and feel flooded with good feelings as a result, that's just my brain releasing its own chemicals in response. How does it matter which way this response happens.

Its not a drug it's med called anafranil you can take it for many years and still get valuable effect , add to that if you took it 1year and 7 months and then stop cold turkey you get just 13 days withdrawal symptoms, I can say I'm enjoying cyproheptadine from time to time also short acting benzo (lorazepam) every few days because I have anxiety (if you don't have anxiety it will not help) , add to that people here do enjoy Psychedelics.
Is that one of those modafinil like drugs? cause I never got any effect from them but they did sound interesting.

Opioids and adderall allowed me to feel an excitement from life that I never truly did before like other people. Of course opioids became a big problem in my life, but no other anti-depressant could be as effective for the time period I self-medicated myself.

I truly enjoyed the moments I spent with others and myself on them before I was no longer able to pretend to be sober. Was very nice.

I don't believe in happiness. Moments of pleasure, or well-being, sure. But just moments, eventually we adapt (hedonic adaptation).

I've had some of my strongest moments during and after taking dissociatives. Part of it is the anxiolytic effect, and being physically put under while in a weird mental space where you don't have access to memories and you don't think about anything, but you're still a sentient being.

Waking up after and integrating the experience makes me feel alive. A bit scared too, because I know I am at high risk of vomit aspiration.

Drugs are good until they aren't and they fuck you over it normally all ends in tears I have used drugs as an anti depressants and life enhancer but things is if you get high everyday that s all you do you do t actually live life and your dreams get further and further away until all that's left are the drugs to distract you from the life you've built exercise sunshine music as lots of sex are the best anti deppresnt in my opinion

No I have absolutely not. It has made me into something absolutely dysfunctional and a lot more regret than anything. My entire youth was wasted and although there are some things that are cool hat have happened, I’d trade it in for some semblance of personal health and peace any day.

Think it makes me happier than I actually am. Is that a good thing? Funny thing is, work is a no-go for taking drugs of course but on my day off you can guess I dabble in Pregabalin and Modafinil and now flmodafinil.

I know myself it's only a coping mechanism but its brings me joy in a way. Hope someone understands :)

Yes, I've found many things in drugs, happiness is one, misery is another...

When I think back to being young and using drugs it was mostly miserable, because I had no money ever.
As I'm older and had enough luck in life to be free from poverty atm, I find it is mostly happiness.

I dont think anybody really finds happiness in drug use, drugs may make one temporarily happy but we all know very well thats misleading. Im happier when I have them less happy if I run out...if that makes sense. Reality is drugs have truly only brought about damn near every opposite there is to happiness