• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Have you evere heard dissonant sounds after taking psychadelic drugs?

I experience hallucinatory sounds often, but they aren't dissonant.

I hear music but I can't recognize the song.
I hear conversations but I can't recognize the words or the voices.

I know that I am hallucinating when I experience phantom noise, although during the first few years of this phenomena, it scared me. "Fight or Flight" response would kick in and I had serious anxiety.

The sounds eventually became normal for me and I learned to expect them under certain circumstances.

Hey Pontifex, that's interesting that you have the same side effects. I have a level of tension I reach before I hear it, whether it's actual tension or the tension generated from CNS stims.

I don't mind it, probably because I medicate with cannabis as I reach or surpass that peak of tension, and find the conversations I almost can't hear kind of fun.

Yes it is an auditory feeling, that's exactly how I'd describe it.

Whoa... I've never hallucinated my phone ringing. I would find that really unsettling.

I have been looking for other signs of schizophrenia because I know that "hearing voices" is an early symptom. I tend to agree with the bit of reading I've done indicating voices say words that schizophrenics understand. I get my CNS sufficiently agitated and all my senses have some dislocation.

Whoa... I've never hallucinated my phone ringing. I would find that really unsettling.

Happens to me almost every day, multiple times a day. It's usually with my text message notification, even when I know my phone is on vibrate/silent. Never found it unsettling though, it's kind of like the auditory version of a "phantom vibrate" to me.

I only hallucinate my phone ringing when I'm on Iboga-- Apparently it's a common hallucination with Iboga/Ibogaine. Interesting that it is a phenomenon found outside the Iboga trip.

I would say 80% of my experience with psychedelics is auditory, 20% visual (if we're talking purely sensorial effects). I have found that dissonant brain-music corresponds with negative thought, and consonant, beautiful, funky music corresponds with positive, unraveling-of-problems thought.

Look not at psychedelics for an answer, look into your mind for the cause of these sounds.

Also, please clarify what you mean in your OP. It's kind of rudely simplistic and doesn't give us a lot of information or context.

I get 'phantom text vibrations' sober, as do many people I know... however I have heard things like unintelligible background chatter after some psychedelics, usually after I start feeling sleep deprived, however. I don't really take it as cause for concern as it goes away as drugs wear off and I have rested.

I experience hallucinatory sounds often, but they aren't dissonant.

I hear music but I can't recognize the song.
I hear conversations but I can't recognize the words or the voices.

I know that I am hallucinating when I experience phantom noise, although during the first few years of this phenomena, it scared me. "Fight or Flight" response would kick in and I had serious anxiety.

The sounds eventually became normal for me and I learned to expect them under certain circumstances.

^^This, although I have had peroids of psychosis where I can make out words, however I think it is more my brain interpreting it however it see's fit so as to fill in the void of not being able to make out any of the words.

You can actually utilise the sounds of tinnitus to bring about this phenomena. I have tinnitus as a result of years of loud amplification - I get what sounds like a babbling brook or sometimes rushing water in my ears. I can meditate on that sound and develop it into music, speech, so fourth. I've actually written sonsg based on what I've heard through manipulation of tinnitus sounds. Most of my auditory hallucinations happen in between sleeps during the night, for obvious reasons. If you're regularly hearing voices during normal waking state, I'd keep a beady eye on it :) My friend has a theory that we can pick up songs that are playing on radio stations through radio waves passing around us. nteresting

I get sirens sometimes, but in really slow motion, even when I'm nowhere near the streets. The same thing happened when I used to smoke spice blends, except it was more like air rushing and wooshing in slow mo.

Birds are great to listen to even if you've only smoked a bowl.

Last time I tripped I was outside at 3-4 AM, I heard what I initially thought to be a low and slowly oscillating frequency. I passed it off as an illusion and amused myself with the idea that it was the city's way of suppressing people while they sleep.

4-5 days later and it's still there.

Psychedelics definitely have the potential to cause auditory distortions the same way they can affect the visual sense. These can be both "open eared audials" and "closed eared audials", although, like visuals, the closed and opened thing is really just the same phenomenon perceived in different ways. A friend of mine gets profound auditory distortions from high doses of psychedelics, and I have experienced some really alien type stuff from intravenous DPT.

I also have had the experience of sounds grinding through my head during the peak of trips, especially with DPT. It was like sweeping through all the data on your hard drive and playing all the ones and zeros back through a vocoder. It always felt as if this process was somehow cleansing all the subconscious garbage which has collected since my last trip. It sounds flangy with computerized grinding vowel sounds of eeehhhaaahhhooowwwwww.

I must admit, I haven't had that for quite some time, most often now my trips are actually silent in this way, but this is how it used to be.

I have heard many different sounds after taking hallucinogens.

LSD: lawn mowers, bumble bees, fireworks, lightning.

Psilocybin: radio waves, music (80's hip-hop for some reason), ocean waves, and jetliners.

I guess you could say that the lightning sounds were dissonant. Especially the day after a trip, I typically hear lawn mowers if I haven't slept.

Last time I took LSD, all I heard was this endless sound of bees, water, and engines. It was cool to hear the cycles of bird sounds in the forest, and watch the sun move.

Once I was sitting in my living room frying on 25I trying to get my stupid DVD player to work (Linux HTPC blearaagghhh....psychedelics and Unix do not mix well) and I was like, jeez the cicadas are really loud today. Then a moment later I remembered it was the middle of March, and it was below freezing outside, and there weren't any cicadas. :D

Have had dragonfly/bee flights sounds/doppler effects from DOC-at midnight in a tent in a place with neither. Heard bears walking outside the tent, that I doubt were there. Chainsaws/2 stroke engines in the distance.

Don't often get dissonance with music, but watching a movie on my last 4homet/2cc trip, the voice's pitch would oscillate up and down rather randomly, and waver.

Tripping on 25i the other evening, heard long lasting helicopter/propeller airplane noises, again with doppler.

Yeah dude, doppler effects! I had a few bad L-25 trips where everything, from music to peoples voices, sounded lower like a train driving away...It freaked me out...everything just seemed wrong!...I snapped out if it though, but it was scary! Semms like it only takes that one thought to trigger a freak out! I've never freaked out to where I acted crazy! Thank God! But, I've had a few trips where I just had to go off by myself....

Yeah dude, doppler effects! I had a few bad L-25 trips where everything, from music to peoples voices, sounded lower like a train driving away...It freaked me out...everything just seemed wrong!...I snapped out if it though, but it was scary! Semms like it only takes that one thought to trigger a freak out! I've never freaked out to where I acted crazy! Thank God! But, I've had a few trips where I just had to go off by myself....

I had to walk about a mile to my friend's house when I thought I was beginning to come down. As soon as I hit the streets the doppler effects were soooooo up in my business haha, engines, lights, wooshes.

Props to the midwest!! (yawn...)

You can actually utilise the sounds of tinnitus to bring about this phenomena. I have tinnitus as a result of years of loud amplification - I get what sounds like a babbling brook or sometimes rushing water in my ears. I can meditate on that sound and develop it into music, speech, so fourth. I've actually written sonsg based on what I've heard through manipulation of tinnitus sounds. Most of my auditory hallucinations happen in between sleeps during the night, for obvious reasons. If you're regularly hearing voices during normal waking state, I'd keep a beady eye on it :) My friend has a theory that we can pick up songs that are playing on radio stations through radio waves passing around us. nteresting

Interesting. Certain Buddhists call meditation on this nada sounds. There's even a type of yoga devoted to it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nada_yoga

Also see here:
http://sharanam.wordpress.com/2010/11/02/that-buzz/

NSFW:
tumblr_lao4lkKOm81qdhovwo1_r1_500.jpg

Anyway someone close to me heard various things while tripping on LSD, mushrooms, or even on THC when it was smoked, eaten, or vaporized. They're now sober and just simply do daily meditations instead of drugs now.