• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Have you ever used Amanita mushrooms in combination with tryptamine psychedelics?

Goddess Mode

Bluelighter
This question includes both natural tryptamines like psilocybin and DMT and the synthetic research chemicals. Personally I have thought that tryptamine psychedelics might go wonderfully in combination with Amanita mushrooms, especially the pantherinas, if it were done correctly and safely. For obvious reasons I think they could go well with the naturals, but I also think that the effect they have on my mind could bring some compounds like 4-HO-MET and 4-HO-DET among others up to whole new levels, and I definitely intend to see if it does for myself. But until then, does anyone have any experience with these mixtures or wisdom to impart?

This question includes both natural tryptamines like psilocybin and DMT and the synthetic research chemicals. Personally I have thought that tryptamine psychedelics might go wonderfully in combination with Amanita mushrooms, especially the pantherinas, if it were done correctly and safely. For obvious reasons I think they could go well with the naturals, but I also think that the effect they have on my mind could bring some compounds like 4-HO-MET and 4-HO-DET among others up to whole new levels, and I definitely intend to see if it does for myself. But until then, does anyone have any experience with these mixtures or wisdom to impart?

never personally ingested aminata yet; but i feel it should be treated as sacred as ayahuasca... the ancients got off just fine with only amanita and it is apparently ridiculously spiritual. i think it is supposed to be experienced by itself; i would never mix anything with ayahuasca for example :p
just my input though; ingest what you will ;)

Amanita mushrooms are highly toxic, very dangerous.
I am not a fool, i would not use them people die of that shit.

never personally ingested aminata yet; but i feel it should be treated as sacred as ayahuasca... the ancients got off just fine with only amanita and it is apparently ridiculously spiritual. i think it is supposed to be experienced by itself; i would never mix anything with ayahuasca for example :p

You're entitled to your opinion obvs, but you should know (maybe you do?) that there is no one single "ayahuasca", the shamans make ayahuasca out of all kinds of combos, not just the DMT plant + MAOI plant. So being a purist about ayahuasca isn't really "authentic" in the way you might be implying here.

That being said, I think most people think of ayahuasca as being a mixture of DMT + MAOI, and that's probably what you're talking about here, I can understand wanting to keep it simple like that! The other adulterants in ayahuascas could be dangerous or all kinds of unknowns.

Ancient people mixed drugs just as much as we do! How do you think they discovered ayahuasca in the first place? :) And the list of ayahuasca admixtures is pages and pages long. I haven't personally taken ayahuasca yet but I wouldn't mind trying it combination with with LSD and some tryptamines and salvia and maybe nitrous oxide.... I've used both Amanitas before too. How spiritual they are remains to be seen, but I've heard good things. They are definitely quite powerful either way. And with such a strange overlap with serotonergic psychedelics that I know they just have to have all kinds of bizarre synergy. =D

Amanita mushrooms are highly toxic, very dangerous.
I am not a fool, i would not use them people die of that shit.

too much Muscimol, a toxic substance not good to ingest.

The only truly toxic events that have ever occurred from Amanita muscaria and Amanita pantherina all resulted from people eating what would amount to insanely huge doses of them because they mistook them for something edible, and even those cases only extremely rarely have ever resulted in death. A lot of Amanita mushrooms are genuinely dangerous to eat, but these are not among them if used reasonably. I never take take more than a few grams at a time personally, which amounts to like a few tiny caps, compared to the people who get adverse effects always reportedly eating several large caps. (The difference between a small and large cap of Amanitas can be astronomical!) This dose of a few grams always gets me as far as I need to go too, it's already overwhelmingly psychedelic at that point when treated right. I have no fears about using it with respect!

You're entitled to your opinion obvs, but you should know (maybe you do?) that there is no one single "ayahuasca", the shamans make ayahuasca out of all kinds of combos, not just the DMT plant + MAOI plant. So being a purist about ayahuasca isn't really "authentic" in the way you might be implying here.

That being said, I think most people think of ayahuasca as being a mixture of DMT + MAOI, and that's probably what you're talking about here, I can understand wanting to keep it simple like that! The other adulterants in ayahuascas could be dangerous or all kinds of unknowns.

Took the words right out of my mouth! And some admixtures could get iffy for sure, like coca leaves, but some brews just have like mescaline cacti or something.... That doesn't sound too dangerous, more wondrous. :)