• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Have you ever snorted Methylone? Is it worth it?

jobe28

Bluelighter
I've heard mixed responses about snorting methylone. I'm not sure how effective it is. I was kind've hoping it would be similar to snorting mephedrone but by the sounds of it it's more of an oral only thing.

Have any of you guys tried it?

Apologies, as i know little about methylone.
But i found this quote online
Nasal Use:
Tested it a lot of times, but never really liked it, the dose seems the same as oral dose which is a lot to snort, and if you do it wrong, and you can taste it, you can sometimes taste it for hours.

I'd say, its probably best bombed like mdma is, or in a capsule weighed to the correct dose is best.

Yup, I've tried equal amounts insuffalated vs swallowed in a capsule, and the oral dose definitely hits me stronger.
But of course if you like snorting, a little bit feels good. M1 doesn't have a bad burn.

I wonder why snorting it doesn't produce a bit coke like effects? From the binding profile only a bit more dopamine is missing for very similar dat/net/sert ratios.

I wonder why snorting it doesn't produce a bit coke like effects? From the binding profile only a bit more dopamine is missing for very similar dat/net/sert ratios.

I do know with MDMA the oral administration gives rise to psychoactive metabolites such as MDA (S-MDA being the more prominent of the two isomers) and HMMA. MDA people know, but HMMA has a much higher oxytocin release than MDMA alone. I wonder if methylone follows a similar pattern.

On that note, I do miss the stuff. Wish I had gotten it while it was cheap and stocked it away but hindsight and all that.

-GC

I've heard mixed responses about snorting methylone. I'm not sure how effective it is. I was kind've hoping it would be similar to snorting mephedrone but by the sounds of it it's more of an oral only thing.

Have any of you guys tried it?
Yes I tried it. Don't. Not worth it.

Just eat 250-300 mg and enjoy yourself.

Eating it is definitely alright but my preferred ROA for methyl one was always plugging. About 300mg plugged was a great time but sadly nobody seems to be making it anymore

I do know with MDMA the oral administration gives rise to psychoactive metabolites such as MDA (S-MDA being the more prominent of the two isomers) and HMMA.
Just wanted to point out that whether you sniff it or eat it orally, it's still passes through your liver and gets turned into MDA and HMMA.

All that insufflation does is avoid first pass metabolism and [provides] a comparatively larger initial dose. It doesn't keep it from going to the liver.

Considering that your liver filters all the blood in your body approximately eight times an hour, and that your liver is continuously metabolizing the MDMA to MDA and also to HMMA, but in very small amounts (5-15% for MDA, even less for HMMA) it takes a very large dose to elicit any effects from MDA or HMMA.

Furthermore, we know that approximately 50% of the MDMA that you consume is excreted unchanged, meaning it didn't get metabolized to anything.

That means even if you were a high MDA metabolizer, you would need a gram of MDMA to end up with 75 mg of MDA, because 500 mg would be excreted unchanged and the other 500 is what would be metabolized - @15% you get 75 mg.

And just remember all those drips, those are going the oral route anyway.

Last edited:
what happened to methylone? it used to be everywhere

i guess this tends to happen with "RC's"

Plugging is not my fav thing. IV-ing I will never Needle phobie, but putting a baby syringe in your ass is second.

But the one that mentioned plugging Metylone as superiour was right. Oral Methylone is good don't get me wrong. But plugging although uncomfarable better.

And indeed why was it banned? Good Alcohol substitute if you compare them.

I used to love taking little bumps of this every 20 or 30 minutes until I was where I wanted to be, I could keep the vibe going all night redosing like that. It was much more forgiving than mdma with redosing so nasal wasn't a bad ROA. I copped a 10G bag right before the ban and once it was gone it was gone. I miss it sometimes but it was probably for the best. That stuff was just too cheap too available and too moreish for me to be sensible with back then.

^Pretty much same story but the last 2 gs dissapeared, I heard rumor I traded them while blacked out for another substance, also heard my gf at the time stole it....who knows who cares, after 8gs I had pretty much had my run with it. (about 500 mg doses, sometimes 200 I think, tough to remember that time period well. *cough*phenazepam.

I have and I would just eat it, or at least 80% of it, maybe snorting 10 20 on the comeup may boost experiences.

Do you also find methylone alot less speedy than mdma? I did. Also agree much more forgiving on the redosing. I really found it superior to mdma (than again only blackmarket mdma is available, reagent tested but no absolute guarantees)

*edit. it was about exacty as available and cheap as it should be. Legalize and regulate it all! make a policy like pseudophed you can only buy x amount per month....after that you have to be a skeezball and ask ppl to buy it on there rations; and the stigma will fall there. Thats my broadstroke delusion of grandeur answer

Plugging is not my fav thing. IV-ing I will never Needle phobie, but putting a baby syringe in your ass is second.

But the one that mentioned plugging Metylone as superiour was right. Oral Methylone is good don't get me wrong. But plugging although uncomfarable better.

And indeed why was it banned? Good Alcohol substitute if you compare them.

You answered your own question I think. Alcohol is mega big business and a superior alternative is the last thing they want; they lobby hard against any other psyhoactive. (they know they are selling neurotoxic seizure juice and better alternatives exist, they could pivot; but why? They don't care ahout us. Probably getting nods from the gov on population control as well. Sips flask *not really but I wouldn't be that opposed to a drink.

what doe it lack in your opinion, or how is it different?

I found it less speedy and 'warmer', a little less forced and pronounced than mdma

Ok, let's see. These first 30 to 45 minutes feel like you are rolling or about to be rolling, and then, you're not rolling. Redosing will extend the stimulant effect but not so the rolling. One time, I did 5 grams in one or two days and was extremely sped up in general. That was a waste of $500.

Do you also find methylone alot less speedy than mdma?
I've never found MDMA speedy. I've been prescribed stims various since the age of 10 so maybe that's why MDMA doesn't feel stimmy by comparison. That said I wasn't regularly using MDMA at the time and a big part of if not the main reason cathinines were so popular around 2009 is because there was fuck all actual MDMA to be found so doing a side by side comparison would have been difficult in that pre-ban period.

Legalize and regulate it all!
Well, yeah, but, well... I devoted a chapter of my dissertation to discussing the impact that afformentioned MDMA drought had on public health, and a further chapter to condemning analysing the sloppy criminalisation of substituted cathinones and the subsequent blanket ban of the wider RC market in the UK, while arguing what a massive missed opportunity a regulated market represented from a harm reduction angle.

Which is to say, I'm not defending prohibition and am very much in favour of regulation, but in my case were it not for the hoops I had to jump through to get drugs circa 2010 and had I not been cut off from cathinones when I was (specifically mephedrone and methylene which I was smashing every other day while working 70 hours a week) I believe I would have done myself some real harm with where I was at the time.

Ahhh, to be 19 again.

Last edited:
Shoot I hear you, unfortunately (for me) I have had panic attacks before I knew what they were and stimulants just don't mix well with me; let me rephrase; Did you find methylone or MDMA more speedy? Or didnt really notice stim effects on either (jealous!)

Do you mind if I ask what you dissertation was about? (general curiosity as my pa was a professor and I use to have access to things like that, meaning cutting edge new hypothesis' not reading peoples dissertations. That would probably be a breech of ethics and he was a very ethical man. To be honest reading full dissertations would probably be boring af, most of the time...... But yea you have my interest.

I agree; I probably would have went through some tough bouts as well if everything was legalized; regulated; and available...I think the urge to binge like that largely comes from the black market making substances a 'feast or famine' type situation. Whereas if it were always available I think that urge would be mitigated a bit.......but yea alot of people would go through some hard times addiction wise; at their own behest and probably get through that "stage of drug use" quicker if it was available and regulated. At 18 or 21 w/e alot of people would probably catch an addiction straight away; probably be over it or dead by about 25... They would have all the access to 'comfort meds' for their withdrawl; right down to the actual plant matter...

You max out your cathinone budget for the month and you could still chew all the khat or cocoa leaves if you wanted (is khat a cathinone?) (direct plant material gets a pass as i dont think anyone would want them besides 1. The very cautious 2. the desperate/sick.

Just seems like a altogether better model. Softer around the edges everywhere, no nonviolent offenders clogging up the system (over 50% are drug crimes if I recall, 52% is the # that comes to mind but that must be flux every year. The very worst thing you could do is fuck yourself and darwin out and, well, I think we are all capable of darwinning out without drugs