Have you ever introduced someone to hard drugs?

I turned a lot of kids onto heroin, meth and cocaine throughout highschool. Mostly for worse. All for the worse tbh.

One of them died from OD.... I think about it a lot.... did I kill someone? My hands certainly are not clean.... but did I kill him?

Heavy weighs the soul.

I turned a lot of kids onto heroin, meth and cocaine throughout highschool. Mostly for worse. All for the worse tbh.

One of them died from OD.... I think about it a lot.... did I kill someone? My hands certainly are not clean.... but did I kill him?

Heavy weighs the soul.
Noone I introduced to cocaine (to my knowledge at least) died as a result, but at least one is doing a long stint in prison for armed robbery after running out of coke and money and though it was over 6 years after giving him that first line, I still feel responsible to this day...

Not quite as direct as giving physical drugs to someone, rather knowledge of potential drug use. Here's my story anyway.
Several years ago I stopped a 1500mg a day decade long codeine habit, none of the friends in my home town really knew and I came clean to them at a Christmas party just after I was over withdrawals. A few seemed pretty intrigued, so spoke about pharmacy shopping, cwe etc... and thought nothing of it, assuming it was common knowledge. I returned home to the city and didn't see some of them for another 4-5 years. I then find out some of them had become pretty addicted to codeine shortly after I had stopped by, some moving onto benzos, some to stronger opioids, some even went full blown IV heroin addict. They were all adults in their mid to late 20s so I don't blame myself, but I often wonder if I sparked the fuse (its quite clear that I did in some cases). Since then I keep my mouth shut regarding potential drugs of abuse around people who are likely to abuse them.

I just wrote a story about watching my friend die in another thread...

I moved opiates to both her and her brother in early high school cuz my dad had tons of leftover painkillers. I made a killing and it provided me with a lot of cannabis, alcohol and cocaine.

Little did I know what those opiates were actually doing to the people they went to.

She eventually died and her brother died not but a few years later. Sometimes I feel it’s on me, but then I remind myself we’re all just lost souls trying to find a way.

The important thing is you learn and realize our actions can majorly impact those around us. It’s not your fault the first time, but it is any time there after.

I completely stopped all sales of addictive drugs many years ago for this reason. No more blood on my hands.

-GC

I just wrote a story about watching my friend die in another thread...

I moved opiates to both her and her brother in early high school cuz my dad had tons of leftover painkillers. I made a killing and it provided me with a lot of cannabis, alcohol and cocaine.

Little did I know what those opiates were actually doing to the people they went to.

She eventually died and her brother died not but a few years later. Sometimes I feel it’s on me, but then I remind myself we’re all just lost souls trying to find a way.

The important thing is you learn and realize our actions can majorly impact those around us. It’s not your fault the first time, but it is any time there after.

I completely stopped all sales of addictive drugs many years ago for this reason. No more blood on my hands.

-GC
I stopped sales of any drugs for that exact reason. Did psychedelics play a significant role in your change of character like they did me???

I stopped sales of any drugs for that exact reason. Did psychedelics play a significant role in your change of character like they did me???

Yea but I didn’t realize it at the time. In fact sometimes I wonder if I “got away” while everyone else didn’t because of my higher than average use of psychedelics compared to my peers.

We all ate mushrooms, took MDMA, LSD on the rare occasion, Salvia, etc.. But I just did a lot more, and took more to the psychedelic culture while my friends were more about partying hard on other shit.

I’ve had a couple periods in my life where they brought me to a higher level of thinking and living.

When I look at pictures of myself from back in my early years I can’t recognize that person. I never smiled in any pictures, I looked angry. I was a piece of garbage that honestly society and my family created and the psychedelics brought me home.

-GC

Noone I introduced to cocaine (to my knowledge at least) died as a result, but at least one is doing a long stint in prison for armed robbery after running out of coke and money and though it was over 6 years after giving him that first line, I still feel responsible to this day...

God man, I turned a straight A student on the tennis team into a junkie who died 8years later.

I was that kid who thought heroin was cool... edgey... it defined my highschool persona I was that shady kid who could get you drugs... now he's dead and I can't think of a worse influence than me. Like a lot of kids, he was instantly hooked after giving him his first black tar experience.

If I never did that.... would he still be here?

I think about it a lot, maybe too much. Survivor guilt? Idk

Also, not sure if anyone else has noticed this, it's always this kids who you least expect to die or get the most fucked up from drugs...?

My ex introduced me to meth when we were already dating. We did heaps of MDMA, K and G but meth was new. He could control his use but I couldn't and it started affect my professional life. I lost my job, missed a lot of important family events and eventually he and I broke up.
I was hurt and heartbroken so I turned to my friends who were a couple and we had a 3-way relationship going. I then introduced meth into this relationship and we had so much fun, they had businesses and money was never a problem. Their businesses started going down because of meth use and eventually they started dealing. By this time, I had gotten over my ex and they found a younger guy to replace me with so I got away, got clean and never looked back
They're still using and dealing today.
Deep down, I feel guilty for doing this to my friends. I was selfish but I had to do what I needed to do not to destroy myself

Thanks for the responses everybody I really appreciate it. Some very interesting perspectives.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.. I wasn't sure where to post this.

I recently had an experience that has been really hard for me process.

Some quick context, I met a cute girl in my first year of high school that I became friends with. Skip ahead about 3 years and I was a recreational meth user. I knew this girl did coke so for her birthday I gave her a small amount of speed. I said something like " it feels like coke but lasts longer" and she put it straight up her nose. Sometime around this time period I also introduced her to GHB. That was about 10/11 years ago. I stopped using speed and ghb shortly after this, and havent seen her since.

These days I am stable on suboxone but I do have an occasional slip (Idk 2-4 times a year maybe). Anyway a couple months ago I was visiting a friend out of town. At one point I found myself sauntering through a rougher part of town and find this same girl living in a tent. She is missing almost all of her teeth (she maybe had 15-20% remaining) and looked pretty malnourished. I stopped to talk to her for a while. I kind of assumed she had moved onto opioids like me and most of the people I know who did stimulants in their teens. I find out that she had never even tried an opioid, she has been smoking meth and doing GHB ever since I knew her a decade earlier. That was really hard for me to hear. I can't help but feel like I ruined this girls life.

I try to tell myself that she had a tough upbringing and would have turned to these drugs anyway ( she was a ward of the state and an alcoholic when we met)... but then I remember that she had never even tried anything harder... just the drugs that I introduced to her all these years ago. Maybe if I had never given her those drugs she wouldn't be living on the street now. Its like she trusted me because I was a friend... and I fucked her over. I've had other friends who have had a tough go with drugs.. they all seem to pull themselves out of it, that or die. But I've never felt so personally responsible. I've been thinking about it a lot and I cant stop the tears from welling in my eyes. I know I'm the bad guy here but I never really thought any further than " I had a positive experience with this substance and I want to share that with people close to me." I was only 17.

Anyway sorry for ranting. I tried to keep it as brief as possible. Has anyone else had a similar experience? do you feel guilty because of it? what are some of your coping mechanisms? Thank you.
Guilty!
Amsterdam in the late 80s, a guy from our clique of friends and me went to A'dam cuz he had that great coke connection. I was already shooting up a while, he never. After hearing how great the rush is and seeing us shoot up in short intervals i thought he was ripe anyway and blew his last fears away. I wanted him to have a good first time so i pulled up a good one that wouldnt kill him.
Halfway through he started yelling overdose. I knew he just didnt know the kick and told him to shut up, holding his arm and quickly emtying the syringe before his yanking made me miss. He jumped outta the toilet, then sat there staring for a full 45 min. I kept it quiet and handed him a lit cigg. Was a cokehead from then on. No nice character and we lost contact fast.....but sometimes i wonder

Kicking the door open for somebody? Sex should be thought of as a hard-drug ...

Introduced a young lad at uni into ecstasy, we went out with my clubbing mates one night and had a blast. By the end of the third year he got a fail, I truly felt bad about that, he totally changed, was smoking and dealing weed and wasn't the young innocent lad I met.

My best mate got hooked on crack, we ended up one new year at a crack den and I was offered, but I declined, was never into hard drugs. So we all get the option to say no.