• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Have you ever had a GOOD experience on cannabis edibles?

No, I haven't had a panic reaction from eating weed more than a couple times but I never sat there and said "I was better off eating this then smoking it" I like to smoked high much better.

I use edibles for sleep frequently and take my dose about an hour before I want to sleep. The few times that I have inadvertently overdone it (either using a new product from a clinic or forgetting which batch was which from my own cookies) it has not been unpleasant except for the fact that I wake up stoned the next morning--which for me is rarely practical.;)

Because I make my own butter and baked goods I try a half cookie to begin with and test from there to see how strong they are. The cookies or bars from the clinic are way to strong for me at the recommended doses. One cookie that is supposed to be two doses ends up as at least 6 doses for me. As someone above said this is the crucial part of edibles--you cannot know how strong anything actually is for about an hour and even then it can gain intensity over time. So use a small amount at first and make sure your setting is safe.

I like edibles at concerts as well. I eat whatever I brought once I'm in the venue and then let the music and the weed do their dance. Very pleasant.:)

I think that the majority of people who have a bad time with edibles do so because they have the wrong expectation. I know some that think edibles are "less intense" than smoking, but this isn't always the case. Edibles can last longer and produce a heavy body load for people with low tolerance. If you do not know who made the edibles or cannot confirm the amount of herb used in the recipe you should only test a bite or two to get a feel for the strength. Or you could be like me and eat as much as you want if you have a large tolerance. I don't really get "too high" from marijuana anymore, either the edibles hit just right and the day is nice or the edibles are too weak and I smonk more.

The few times I have tried them, edibles seem to creep up on me and then it's like, wham, I'm starting to peak before I know it.

It can be a little jarring, especially if one is not used to it, to feel like you have all of a sudden "switched" into high mode.

I've had 100s of good experiences with cannabis edibles.

You're reading bad reports cause those are the only ones people bother to write up online.

My friend and I used to eat edibles and take long walks in the woods, or do tarot cards together. It was fun times. The high was very intense but because we felt very safe with each other it was OK. I have totally lost my cool before in different environments from edibles.

unfortunately edibles have no effect on me :(. I also smoke 2 grams of shatter or other extracts daily. I have eaten 1000mg shatter infused chocolate bars, candies, ect. And the only thing i have noticed, is that i sleep very well that night.

Wow this thread has become very active since last time i checked! It seems that after didn´t bother to check on this thread all the good comments has now shown up and thanks everyone for sharing your GOOD experiences :)

I've had 100s of good experiences with cannabis edibles.

You're reading bad reports cause those are the only ones people bother to write up online.
Yeah it´s kind of sad because it´s just as fun reading about a good trip report on cannabis edibles as it is to read a MDMA trip or LSD trip so I don´t get why people hold back

ive never had any bad experiences, but ive taken way to much a few times. mainly because i smoked some hash and then a friend gave me a bunch of candy edibles so already stoned with munchies just ate all of them and proceeded to wander about town fucked up all day

:\ I've not been able to try edibles. I'd like to try the MMJ candies for pain control. It just seems they'd be easier to dose. Am I wrong?

they just take longer to kick in, but with a reliable vendor you should know exactly how much your taking, just resistt taking more because it takes awhile to kick in

Never had a 'bad' time with edibles. Either a dud or they work very well. About 70% of the time I end up really stoned but as this is in the evening usually its very welcome.
Recently made myself a batch of muffins and a batch of coconut hash oil which I made cannacaps with. Very useful for cutting down the amount I smoke (both weed and tobacco)!