• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Have you ever had a bad comedown because of negative people?

chillicornflake

Greenlighter
So I am coming off my mdma. 3 months since last used. Did 120 odd mg. Had a nice trip. A tiny bit of dullness next day, this dullness ended at 9 pm ish (I took the mdma at 5pm the day before and it lasted till 10pm).

I was part of this new club which I joined in the gym and I was more or less feeling very good as that is naturally me. And this guy decides to be really passive aggressive for I have no idea what reason for. And just out of the blue zingers like, calling me stupid and making fun of me. It was pretty clear he had some sort of drive to be an alpha male or something. Anyway, I was so surprised, I managed to ignore it and not make a big deal. I would think I am a strong person like that.

But as the day progressed I increasingly started thinking about it, which is very unusual for me. And it sort of just grew. It's been 3-4 days of being in a bit of a scarier world because of this... rude person.

Anyways, I just wanted to ask whether this is common or whether anyone else has experienced something like this?

The way I see it, is that the mdma made me more emotionally active for days which followed and naturally my emotions got a bit riled up by this event which I know I normally would have just shrugged off of my shoulders.

I have like 7 hits of mdma left, and I dont want to use it for at least several months now, not sure what to do with it besides flush it down the toilet or give to friends. Really putting off my desire to do mdma again in the future. Maybe if I stay more careful next time... not sure.

P.S this wasn't depression or anxiety, more of a fear based mind and feelings which I completely am not used to

Last edited by a moderator:
It's probably the serotonin depletion making you more prone to anxiety. Low serotonin can often cause overthinking, negative thought loop patterns which is probably why it seemed to just grow on you since the thoughts loop and feedback and reinforce more anxiety. It'll probably die down once you go back to baseline so don't worry about it. There's a reason good vibes are important on MDMA and this kind of highlights that so yes it's possible to have a bad comedown from shitty people. Just like it's possible to have the best experience ever because of awesome people.

Yeah, worst comedown I had was when I took a shot of bear spray in the face. Fuckin ruined the rest of the trip.

Yeah, hope it returns to normal. That was the only thing bugging me. Much better today, will see if it stays subsided tomorrow.

Yes, I think it's normal.

One time I was out, and had taken MDMA. I was waiting in line to use the toilet, and all of a sudden these two people grabbed me and said they were police (undercover).. They thought I had taken amphetamines, cause I had dry mouth and was licking my lips (I have a bad habit, and the MDMA made it worse). They took me out, but I managed to talk myself out of it. Had no anxiety or anything like that, was just happy, played it cool and said I understood that they were just doing their job, and so on. I have no idea how I managed to do it really. They didn't find the MDMA I had on me (have no idea how they missed it), and told me they were sorry for their mistake, and let me go...

Anyhow, I woke up the next day and got really upset over it. Freaked out a bit since I was soooo close of getting caught. Kind of obsessed over it really... I've never had any anxiety or bad effects the following day of MDMA, but that time I had.

It was the whole experience. Why did they choose me? I didn't act out and I behaved in a good way, most of the night I had been sitting in the sofa with my friends. I do not get any energy from MDMA, so I was not bouncing all over the place, but was calm with a smile on my face. They took me out and searched me do to the fact that I was licking my lips (they told me this, one of the undercover cops was in training and was suppose to look for signs like that)... Instead of using their time on real crime, I mean drunk people are hurting each other all over the city... And they use their time to go under cover at a psy-event... I mean, come on...

But yeah, MDMA makes me more emotional the following days. Like, I can easily cry if I think about something sad or something wonderful. I just get touched my things really easy. I think it's normal.

Like the above poster said, it's probably due to a lower amount of serotonin than usual. You should feel better within a couple days. I'd suggest taking 5-HTP for a couple days after rolling next time, as it helps restore serotonin.

How long did it last?

At first I thought it was just the comedown or I would have this fear for a long time until I realized it all started from that ignorant person.

For me? It lasted a while - a week or so, but I still get irritated when I think about it. How the police is managing MDMA and psychedelics is something I'm really frustrated about, and to experience it first hand made an impact on me actually.

I figured I really had too talk about it, and sort of figure it out. Deal with it, instead of ignoring it and waiting for it to disappear. So I have talkt about it with my friends and family, and it really helped to share what had happened.

I don't think it was a bad comedown for me either, it was just that something bad happenend, and following MDMA one is a little bitt more "tender" than usually. So things make an impact easier. It will pass, and what you are experiencing is normal :)

Yup, low serotonin can cause you to be more emotionally sensitive and can take things more personal, and cause you to think more negatively about situations.. Ive realized that usually when i have bad comedowns, its generally because of something that happens during the trip or after (i.e making a complete fool of myself somehow)

The first time i ever took mdma i was a teenager in the 10th grade in highschool (no i did not roll in school lol) i was just hanging out with friends from the school.....me and another close friend took our tabs and dident feel shit for 8 hours or more around these people......when i finally got home and stepped out the car i felt the feeling in my chest and also iw as home alone for the entire night......thats when after over 8 hours of ingestion my roll kicked in hard....my friends wesmdow also reported that once he got home he felt the roll kick in hard....this is my persoanlly experince with it and i bealive your enviroment definatly effets your roll

The first time i ever took mdma i was a teenager in the 10th grade in highschool (no i did not roll in school lol) i was just hanging out with friends from the school.....me and another close friend took our tabs and dident feel shit for 8 hours or more around these people......when i finally got home and stepped out the car i felt the feeling in my chest and also iw as home alone for the entire night......thats when after over 8 hours of ingestion my roll kicked in hard....my friends wesmdow also reported that once he got home he felt the roll kick in hard....this is my persoanlly experince with it and i bealive your enviroment definatly effets your roll
No, your environment didn't affect that experience, you just didn't take MDMA but something else. 8 hours is impossible if you only took one dose, not just unlikely, impossible, it takes about 4 hours for your stomach to completely empty after a very big meal if you're a slow digester :)

*edit* Also, OP did you test your MDMA?

Last edited: