• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Have the ingredients in hydrocodone changed?

Jen2828

Greenlighter
I have been taking hydrocodone over the years for a bad hip. Before it would make me itchy, energetic and almost always make me throw up. I would get the awesome euphoric feelings with it too. I just recently had surgery on my hip because i finally found a competent dr. He prescribed hydrocodone 10 mgs. They did not have the same affect on me at all! They made me extremely tired, would doze off where before i could pull all nighters on them, i never felt nauseous this time no matter how many i took. My nose itched but not an all over itch like it used to. The first pills i got said ip110 and then my refill from a different pharmacy said Watson853 but they didn't have the good affects either and my pain was not very controlled with either type. I was just curious if anyone else has heard of this happening or is it all just in my head? I was actually excited about the euphoria that i had experienced in the past but got nothing. Thank you.

Umm...freind...hydro's are supposed to do that they are an opiate that has as far as i can remember the effect of opiates

Yeah, what you're describing sounds like a typical reaction to opiates. Nodding you out is like opiates' signature move. As for not feeling nauseous, sounds like you're just one of the lucky few people who don't get sick adjusting to opiates. I'd be more suspicious that something was up with the first ones you took, rather than these new ones. I've never heard of opiates wiring a person up all night. I sometimes get a little burst of mental energy early on when the high is starting, or during the rush when I shoot up, but the bulk of every high is noddy and sedated.

Hello Jen2828 this has something that people have been saying I'm crazy about for the longest time but rest assured you are 100% correct. There has been some sort of change because I too have been struggling with this issue for a while now. Before I came across this problem I could expect 45min- 1hr 30min of euphoria before starting to get drowsy and "nod" but even after taking a 3 week break to negate any tolerance issue and still even this morning i took my normal dose and a little more and had no euphoria just straight to couldn't keep my eyes open tired. Would like to have an explanation for this as well :(

Yes but what op is saying is that is the only experience noticed. No pain relief or the euphoria. I'm going through the same issue right now as well. Been doing this for 8yrs so I can tell a minute change in effect and am confident in saying something has been off with almost every hydro 10 I've came across in the past year. First it started with the yellows
So I moved to only whites. Then it was the M367s so I moved to Watson,IP, UO3 etc.
just yesterday am now seeing change with the 853's ?

I was just reading a news story about generics coming from overseas that don't have the quality control and sometimes not even the ingredients they're supposed to, yet still being dispensed in legitimate pharmacies. I can't remember all the countries listed, but India was one of them.

Now, the internet is full of posts about different imprints, and how some are better than others. Some of that is mental, a reverse placebo effect, if you will. People used to the yellows say the Watson 853's don't do anything for them, etc...

But I do believe some of the stories like that.

I was a connoisseur of hydrocodone for many years. But I always mentally approached it that every imprint was gonna do the job. And they always did. The Watsons, the lortabs, the M36's... all did the same thing.

EXCEPT the U03's. Those always seemed flaky to me. And I believe they come from India. Coincidence? Maybe...

But to Op, the 853's are great IMO. Just as good as the yellows.