• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Have opportunity to buy halcion. is it pretty safe to experiment with sporadically?

deruyityn

Bluelighter
I was very interested by it due to its extremely short half life since I love short half lives.

i am very benzo naive and have avoided them mainly due to the withdrawal horror stories but also due to the huge half life of most of them which is why this one interests me.

Does this mean you dont have to worry about withdrawal really so long as you arent taking it all the time?

It would only be for the odd now and then and maybe for minor stim comedown if I did use it.

I like the profile of it. Sounds like the mega stim comedown benzo without next day zombificaton.

Is it pretty safe in this case? ie no nasty surprises to worry about? i would just be at home no plans of going out and acting the fool

I think you would be fine and personally love triazolam. Only benzo, except high dose Xanax which I dont fuck with anymore that makes me feel intoxicated.

Rarely, it has been link to rare cases of psychosis, though.

Just for the novelty it would be interesting to buy to try once, but there is a reason it was taken off the maket. Be careful if you decide to use it.

Halcion is the shit. That being said, I never took it and didn't black out. Be careful with your dosing.

I would definittely buy cheap triazolam/midazolam/nimetazepam/flunitrazepam powders if they were available

halcion is my favorite short acting benzo . i'd definitely give it a try if you have the opportunity

Safe is low: start with 125mcg and work you way up very slowly. There's indeed a reason it was taken off the market, first marketed doses like 500mcg and then 250mcg were giving patients hypomania, amnesia, violent and erratic behavior, etc.

I was prescribed 30 .25 per month for insomnia for years. Great for falling asleep but due to its short half life there were nights I would wake up after 5-6 hours. No hazy feeling next morning. For me no euphoric feeling ever. When I first started taking these insurance covered the whole 30 day supply. When I quit they would only cover a ten day supply. I am aware that many drugs are restricted this way and if your doctor calls they will cover the whole 30 days if your doc says you need it. My insurance said this was not the case with Halcion because it should only be prescribed for severe insomnia and no more than 7-10 days. Fought and argued with them for a while and gave up. I then quit taking Halcion. I am not paying full price for 20 pills per month. It is very powerful in my opinion and should be respected.

The problem with Halcion is that its half-life is *very* short. As soon as you build a certain degree of tolerance to it, you'll likely wake up in the middle of the night and have to redose.

It's basically the crack of benzos: Extremely potent, extremely fast-acting, very short half-life. Also highly recreational because of its strong sedative-hypnotic action.

The song "Halcyon" by Orbital (and the accompanying video) perfectly capture the essence of being on this stuff, as the artists' own mother was addicted to Halcion:

High doses like 1-3mg often give complete amnesia

Yeah, keep in mind that with 40 times the potency of Diazepam, Halcion (Triazolam) is easily among the most potent benzos - only F-Lam, C-Lam and Brotizolam come close.

I've done Triazolam (Halcion) 2 or so times. It's just like any other Benzodiazepine, but with a shorter, more powerful kick. It's only gonna be dangerous if you combine it with other CNS depressants. If you end up taking too much though, like with other similar drugs, you could end up doing some really stupid or even dangerous shit, so try to avoid consuming too much at once. I mentioned that Triazolam is short acting. I took 3 doses of .125mg and went to the theater with my girlfriend. By the end of the movie, I was already starting to return to baseline. Just some food for though.

So is physical withdrawal less of a concern with this than with 'normal' benzoes? since it clears out of the body so quickly? Well I wouldnt plan on taking any benzo on consecutive days I just mean you have alot more legroom since you don't constantly have to be calculating half lives right?

well re 1-3mg that is just a silly dose considering the normal dose range is it not. An equivalent dose of diaz would probably cause amnesia too wouldn't it?

So is physical withdrawal less of a concern with this than with 'normal' benzoes? since it clears out of the body so quickly? Well I wouldnt plan on taking any benzo on consecutive days I just mean you have alot more legroom since you don't constantly have to be calculating half lives right?

well re 1-3mg that is just a silly dose considering the normal dose range is it not. An equivalent dose of diaz would probably cause amnesia too wouldn't it?

Physical withdrawal will not be necessarily easier. In fact, due to the drug's shorter duration of action, it means that the withdrawal syndrome will be shorter and more intense.

No not easier if you DID get addicted but it's less likely to happen isnt it since you would be having to scoff them 24/7 or near that. Like every few hours all through the day.