• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Have no access to adderall. Can speed (actually) be a safe substitute?

Alex_nino

Greenlighter
Hi everyone,

First post in BL. I often see topics about amphetamine use and dosing here. Also about amphetamine and studying, but I can't find any precise answer to my question yet.

I've tried speed and it gives me the focus that I need.

Few months ago was my first time using speed to make a summary for my study. It went very well. I keep the dose really low, around 10-20 mg, and restrain my self not to binge it after 5 hours working and forcing my self to bed (even tho I stayed up and just staring at the ceiling =D)

I got this great focus and endurance to stay awake keep writing for the whole night I ended up summarizing the whole class material in a whole semester. I was satisfied. There are some problem that I noticed, I feel euphoric for about 1 hour before I started to clean my room for another half an hour and actually studying afterwards. Question 1: Is this normal?

When the project week was over, I stopped completely from speed and try to "enjoy" the come down week. Thanks to BL! I know what to expect on comedown, supplement, try to eat a lot etc. 2 weeks pass, I tried healthier lifestyle to improve my concentration and focus - i.e., use pomodoro technique, start working out 3 times a week, meditate every morning, sleep 8 hours a day, drink water, and taking dmae supplement.

I feel fine for about 2 months, and the project season with extreme loads come again. I was failed. I'm going back to the slow, unmotivated me. I can't stay focus for more than 10 minutes to one task. I've tried everything, to stay focus. I turned off my phone (message and socmedia)- and I day dream. Finally, I messed up, and I failed the class.

I'm not sure whether I have adhd (focus problem), cause I never get tested, and I keep thinking its me that's just lazy and it's not adhd.

After trying speed, I feel amazing and want to do it again.
Question 2: 20 mg speed that I take for three days before, is it just placebo? Or it's really how amphetamine works?

Question 3: I'm living in netherlands, and it seems like almost impossible to get un-prescribed drugs.

Additional infos if it might help: I just know it's called speed. I don't know what's in it, amphet or methamphet. It form in a white pills that you can easily crush. It taste a little bitter and smells nice (I know it's subjective lol). And it burns like hell when I try to snort it.

EDITED: It's 0.01 g, so it's 10 mg, not 100 sorry!

Hoping for advice from you guys...

Thanks you!

Last edited:
100 to 200mg of amphetamine is not a "low" dose at all, that's a really really high dose, 10x as much as you probably need.

But as far as I know, speed must be cut with other stuff and not only amphetamine in it. I started small and increased it gradually, to be exact it's 0.01 G (Ooops! bad math! it's actually 10 mg? isn't it?)

If you don't have Adderall or Dexedrine I would not take street speed/amphetamine sulfate, or ice/meth, and just drink caffeine instead. That's what I do when I have projects to do, or when I was in university and had large research papers due the next day when I was not taking Adderall or Dexedrine I was prescribed.

Last edited:
I actually feel like 200mg is a relatively low-mid range dose.
Especially for three days.
Q1:Yes
Q2:This is actually how amphetamine works. It's highly variable from person to person but you get the gist of it.
Q3: I don't live in the Netherlands, so I couldn't say.

Speed in Netherlands or anywhere else in Europe will almost always be regular amphetamine. Almost always in base for, usually as speed "paste" which is slightly damp. That's most common. However, amphetamine powder also is possible to come by, but I believed it's just dried amphetamine base paste.
It comes in a paste I believe because of some part of the production process aswell as to add weight.

Usually it's much weaker then adderall, likely do to impurities and cuts. Generally you probably need 2-3x as much amphetamine speed paste as u would an equal dose of adderall. Or more. So for a 20mg adderall equivelance, You'll need 40-100mg of speed paste most likely but start lower and work ur way up.

This base amphetamine paste is generally racemic amphetamine, so 50/50 d-isomer and l-isomer, so it may be physically more taxing on the body as the l-isomer provides dirty physical stimulation where as the d-isomer provides a more clean mental stimulation. Adderal is 75% d-isomer and 25% l-isomer.

Last edited:
If you don't know what it is, why are you snorting it? Probably not the best idea. Is there any reason that you can't just go get a script for Adderall or Ritalin or something?
If you don't have Adderall or Dexedrine I would not take street speed/amphetamine sulfate, or ice/meth, and just drink caffeine instead. That's what I do when I have projects to do, or when I was in university and had large research papers due the next day.
Caffeine really does not work well as a study aid for me or any of my friends whom I've talked to about it. In my case, even the smallest dose makes me jittery, anxious, and basically unable to focus.

If you don't know what it is, why are you snorting it? Probably not the best idea. Is there any reason that you can't just go get a script for Adderall or Ritalin or something?

Snorting, only for the sake of trying, it's not that bad. But I probably won't do it again. Adderall it's not available in this country. And for ritalin, actually it's available but I need to visit doctor regularly, because the rule are very strict. And I'm not considering a doctor visit, yet.

... when I was in university and had large research papers due the next day when I was not taking Adderall or Dexedrine I was prescribed.

I've tried coffee, red bull, and also some caffeine capsule from smartshops. It didn't work. It opens my eye, but not doing anything to my motivation and focus.

If you don't have Adderall or Dexedrine I would not take street speed/amphetamine sulfate, or ice/meth, and just drink caffeine instead. That's what I do when I have projects to do, or when I was in university and had large research papers due the next day when I was not taking Adderall or Dexedrine I was prescribed.

This. I've actually never been on amps, I self medicate my adhd with caffeine. It's not the greatest option but it works, and it's safe.

Is it possible to find other people who are prescribed stimulants for ADHD and buy it off them? It would DEFINITELY be better than buying street-grade speed, which, if as you say is difficult to get, is probably low quality.

You could give methylphenidate (Ritalin) a whirl...although it's not really as "smooth" as dexamphetamine.

One medication prescribed (at least it is here in Australia) for ADHD is amoxetine (Strattera). This particular medication isn't a stimulant in the traditional sense, it's actually an SNRI, and for most people makes them miserable. It did for me and I've seen it have similar effects on other people. So that's one to avoid.

Phentermine (Duromine) is another ATS (Amphetamine Type Substance) which could work. it's a weight loss pill and can be quite euphoric and feels fairly similar to dex.

But yeah try stay away from street-grade speed, not a great idea.

Peace :)

One medication prescribed (at least it is here in Australia) for ADHD is amoxetine (Strattera). This particular medication isn't a stimulant in the traditional sense, it's actually an SNRI, and for most people makes them miserable. It did for me and I've seen it have similar effects on other people. So that's one to avoid.

Atomoxetine is actually a pure Noradrenaline Reuptake Inhibitor (NARI), i.e. without significant serotonergic activity. I've never taken Strattera per se, but I did take Reboxetine ("Edronax", a NARI approved for depression) and Milnacipran ("Ixel"; "Savella"; an SNRI with particularly strong noradrenergic effects) in the past and both gave me weird side-effects, including blue balls and what felt like my urethra suddenly squeezing shut during an orgasm, as well as constipation. That said, there are some people for whom NARIs do work.

Is it possible to find other people who are prescribed stimulants for ADHD and buy it off them? It would DEFINITELY be better than buying street-grade speed, which, if as you say is difficult to get, is probably low quality.

In Europe no one has ADHD =D
And there in is no methamp
Street amphetamine ( made in the Netherlands, racemic sulfate ) is extremely cheap. And also uncommon but few country ( Germany, Sweden, Czech republic)

Atomoxetine is actually a pure Noradrenaline Reuptake Inhibitor (NARI), i.e. without significant serotonergic activity. I've never taken Strattera per se, but I did take Reboxetine ("Edronax", a NARI approved for depression) and Milnacipran ("Ixel"; "Savella"; an SNRI with particularly strong noradrenergic effects) in the past and both gave me weird side-effects, including blue balls and what felt like my urethra suddenly squeezing shut during an orgasm, as well as constipation. That said, there are some people for whom NARIs do work.

Yeah dude you're right thanks for that. For some reason I have amoxetine lumped into the SNRI category in my wee file in my brain. But yeah, good to clear that up. Still a dodgy medication!

Peace :)