• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

have i lost the "magic" of my roll forever?!?! HELP!

Festivalman1

Greenlighter
okay so about 1 year and a half ago to 2 years ago when i was first introduced to MDMA i did abuse it a little, 2-3 times a week...best rolls ever, then lic 2013 rolled around, and i had the best rolls still, so on and so forth the summer after that. anywho, i stopped rolling for a good 4-6 months, then i went to <<EVENT X>>, my first festival since december, and first time really rolling in the right setting since <<EVENT X>>. i use to always take .2 cause .1 wouldnt do it for me. at <<EVENT X>>, i wasnt aware of my capsule dosage but i knew it was pure as i had tested/ known from the past. i took two, and was beyond overwhelmed, anxiety, freaking out, shaking, self conscious, until i found a few friends who shook me out of it and i had a great roll. i tried rolling the 2nd day, took 2, no roll. 3, no roll. 4, no roll... so i just drank the rest of the night. then <<EVENT X>> rolled around (december 27th, 2-3 months from <<EVENT X>>) i went to roll day one, i arrived at 530, and when i say the mood and mindset was not right, and everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. for example willcall for 3 hours by myself and lost my drug holder for 2 hours. as soon as i got ahold of them, i took my two. i caught a roll for about 20 minutes, and then grew sick and anxious, couldnt stay in the crowd, and short breathed severely, ruining my entire night that night as i could not take part in the crowds. day two, i chose to just drink, until i found a cap in my camelpak from the night before... i took one and rolled nuts, but only for an hour or two, which was expected. but my question is.... have i lost my MAGIC forever?! the intense build up? the face roll? the love? is there anything i can do to possibly bring this back or ensure i get it this time? also, i should add, on day one and day two of edc, i had a hangover, aswell as day 1 of <<EVENT>>. COULD THE HANGOVER POSSIBLY HAVE CAUSED THESE BAD ROLLS?! HELP PLEASE. <<EVENT X>> IS COMING UP AND NEED TO PREPARE!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't be surprised you definitely abused mdma in a bad way. I would steer clear of the drug for a long time.

Geez, you're post was all over the place, was difficult to read.. Odds are, yes your tolerance is fucked and the only way to get the magic back is to wait a long time. generally i see it takes most people about 6months to a year to actually get that "magic" back.

Can't speak for MDMA, but I lost the "magic" permanently with 4-FA. It took years of abuse to reach that point though. I imagine it's possible to lose it forever with MDMA too.

Honestly, I'd be more worried about what losing the magic means for your brain. Your poor serotonin receptors are probably in bad shape. Give yourself time to heal so you don't become an e-tard.

After the first 5 times i did mdma it wasnt the same..tolerance builds and the excitement isnt there because u know what u are in for..most ppl i know say after the first couple times its never the same no matter how long u wait...

i stopped and have not done mdma again so idk if the experience like the first few times comes back after a long time off of it..did a few RCs that resembel MDMA (5mapb,methylone) but no "magic" just feel really good

maybe take 5htp a few days before to get your serotonin built up.. thats the only thing i think u could do to prepare..clear your mind and dont build it up in your head before u do it..if u overhype it your likely in for disappointment because our ideas are always better than reality..be safe

Last edited:
well when i said 2-3 times a week that was not consistent every week. but at least once a month, and yes the last festival i attended i was told it was lower grade as the opportunity for our normal supply was not present. i think what it is now, as p.o.t.u.s said, i think i just know what im in for now, and ive lost the excitement. or actually, i think because its really because i keep the possibility of a bad roll in the back of my head now and if anything goes wrong i psych myself into a bad roll. which would make sense because when i was drunk i had no negative thoughts (obviously since i was intoxicated) and i had a smooth come up and roll. i think my state of mind was just off, and the hangovers definitely didnt help either.

i just dont know what alternative drug i should use when <<SNIP>> comes around, i dont think i could handle acid or shrooms.

i just dont know what alternative drug i should use when <<SNIP>> comes around, i dont think i could handle acid or shrooms.
How about love....you don't need drug to have fun my friend.

Please don't mention event names where you will be taking/have taken drugs. See the forum rules for an explanation. Apart from that your experience could have a million causes, one of them could indeed be long-term tolerance caused by using too much too frequently. Very hard to pinpoint a cause in this case but my guess would be that you have developed a tolerance

High doses of MDMA have a tendency to produce pretty negative side effects, at least in some people. I know there's no way in hell my girlfriend could handle much more than a 0.1 g capsule, and I honestly wouldn't take much more than 0.15 g. And even at that dose I'd probably not even want to be at a festival because I'd just want to go melt somewhere xD

Then again, YMMV and set and setting can alter the course of the effects more than anything.

I know this might seem counterintuitive, but have you tried smaller doses? It might not be that face-smacking magical experience you are looking for, but it may make for some pretty fun nights at festivals.

As far as LSD or shrooms go, light doses are pretty manageable, but if you haven't done them before, it's probably not a good idea to do them for the first time at a massive public gathering! lol