• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Have I 'lost the magic' of MDMA?

Eam

Greenlighter
The first time I took MDMA was completely different to any other time I've taken it. I felt so happy and euphoric, and loved everyone around me, even though the high only lasted about an hour, it was still one of the best experiences of my life.

I'd relied on my friends to be able to guide me through the night, as they'd had experience with drug before - some had taken it many times, some had only taken it once or twice, but for some reason everyone decided they were going to do a 400mg bomb, which I now know from my own experience is ridiculously, excessively big, and me not knowing any better, agreed to this. The 400mg bomb was followed by a much more reasonable 100mg bomb about an hour after the come up.

The second time was 4 days after the first and I did two 250mg bombs and the effects were similar, but nowhere near as strong, which I presumed to be caused by a lack of serotonin having rolled just a few days before.

But the third time was about a month later, when I did one 200mg bomb, where I came up and had no positive feelings at all. I felt agitated, wired and completely weird. This lasted for about an hour until I crashed and felt reasonably chilled but really, really tired.

Since then I've rolled about 5-6 times (2x 100mg bombs, spaced on average 3-4 weeks apart) with varying levels success, but no roll has ever been similar to the first one - I've never had that feeling of euphoria and empathy. I've felt good and wanted to dance but nothing special.

So I did a bit of research, and it led me to wondering if I've 'lost the magic' of MDMA? And if so, was it because of the ridiculously large dosages I started with? Will I ever get that feeling back? Have I been doing something wrong?

Edit: On each occasion any friends I've been with have had brilliant nights on the stuff that I'd taken. I'm also not on any medication or have any psychological problems. Nor would I say have any form of long term depression - just feeling a down for a few days after each roll, but I quickly go back to normal.

Last edited:
Your doses should be spaced, one month minimum, 3 months recommended. You rolled a too much, with high quantities, in too little time. You probably need to take a long break (over 6 months) and see what happens. Do NOT consume before that time, I know it's very hard, but think of it as something that you need to do to feel the magic again :)

Live a healthy live, eat well, gets lots of sleep, and go outside in the sun.

ALSO, the first time is special, and it's very hard, if not impossible, to feel the same again. Well, maybe if you wait 10 years, you'll have another first time :)

Even if you take your MDMA once every 3 to 4 days, you've got to take it around 100x before losing the magic.

Even if you take your MDMA once every 3 to 4 days, you've got to take it around 100x before losing the magic.

Then why has it been simply not been working for me since the first time I took it? I'm just worried I've damaged my brain by taking a ridiculously large dose first time..

that was not mdma.

i'd recommend using a test kit.

But it felt like what had been described to me by the internet and other people, and for all the friends I was with it lasted hours. It was just me that took absolutely ages (3 hours) to come up, then have a really short high.

since research chemicals (aka bath salts) exploded all over the drug market in the last years, there are many substances that can and have been sold as mdma with effects similar enough that you might mistake them for the descriptions of mdma's effects if you don't know the original. especially methylone seems to have become more common than mdma itself (at least in north america), and if you got methylone that could explain some of the things you're reporting (lasting shorter, typical doses are above 200mg).

i strongly urge you to get a test kit to confirm that it's indeed mdma you are taking.

You're not alone. I wouldn't kick myself too hard for doing so much the first time. A lot of people take even more and don't lose the magic. You just have a sensitive brain that's good at protecting itself. As another poster said: Wait as long as you possibly can before you roll again. A year might not even be enough before your brain has forgotten the attack and gone back to normal. Sorry.

For now yes, but you must give your body time to recover! wait at least 5 months before your next roll now since you did so much in such a short time ... it is better for your body and the experience itself!

Ah! the ever present "where da magic go" MDMA question. So many reasons that it's never possible to know why it happens but here are some usual suspects -

1) The pill is bad and so its even harder to know the right dosage. It's so common to be sold bad pills, it will feel like your body doesn't react to MDMA the same way anymore but once you have the right stuff, you'll know, the magic is there. Pure 100 mg pill is always, always a magical journey.
2) You are doing way too often. It's a great drug but all great things cut both ways. It's good to roll once every 6 months for special occasions, with pills from trusted sources, to keep the magic alive over and over again. Over doing is a sure shot way to kill the magic.
3) The atmosphere matters - Great pills will feel only good, if you are not supported by the environment. In fact, your senses are so heightened that environment becomes even more relevant. Avoid doing it at home or staid setup.
4) Never chase the first high - The first time is always the best because it is free of any judgement. After that you will only be chasing a ghost of your first experience. Let it go and take solace in the fact that every experience is unique and as you mature into enjoying your experiences, you will grow to appreciate the power every time.
5) Avoid taking alcohol, perhaps take weed, but no alcohol. It dehydrates on top of md's dehydration power.

Ah! the ever present "where da magic go" MDMA question. So many reasons that it's never possible to know why it happens but here are some usual suspects -

1) The pill is bad and so its even harder to know the right dosage. It's so common to be sold bad pills, it will feel like your body doesn't react to MDMA the same way anymore but once you have the right stuff, you'll know, the magic is there. Pure 100 mg pill is always, always a magical journey.
2) You are doing way too often. It's a great drug but all great things cut both ways. It's good to roll once every 6 months for special occasions, with pills from trusted sources, to keep the magic alive over and over again. Over doing is a sure shot way to kill the magic.
3) The atmosphere matters - Great pills will feel only good, if you are not supported by the environment. In fact, your senses are so heightened that environment becomes even more relevant. Avoid doing it at home or staid setup.
4) Never chase the first high - The first time is always the best because it is free of any judgement. After that you will only be chasing a ghost of your first experience. Let it go and take solace in the fact that every experience is unique and as you mature into enjoying your experiences, you will grow to appreciate the power every time.
5) Avoid taking alcohol, perhaps take weed, but no alcohol. It dehydrates on top of md's dehydration power.
Amen. Good post