Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Have I done serious damage to myself?

zqpta

Greenlighter
Hi guys, first time posting and I really need some advice

I was an absolute idiot and did no reading up on MDMA before taking it, and therefore broke so many well known 'rules' that I've been discovering for the past few hours.

Skip back to Friday night, my friend comes in with a 1g bag and all is well, not knowing anything about dosages or how much I should take for my first time, I drop just over 600mg and I felt absolutely amazing finishing the night with no harsh comedown at all. The next night I foolishly decided to take about 800mg, not knowing how MDMA worked or the usual 1-3 months that's usually taken to recover and replenish serotonin levels. Ever since than I've had a constant headache, dazed memory and no attention span whatsoever.

Will using such high dosages as a beginner two nights in a row have any serious consequences as I'm struggling to find any other threads from people in a similar situation?

If I can cheer you up...
SWIM has been taking MDMA for over a year, at the very least, once every 2 weeks and a few times, 2 nights in a row. This october, this same friend has made 2 pills every week of october.
This same friend is now studying for being some sort of pharmacist.

In other words, give yourself some time. His brain is functioning quite fine, and so will be yours. The human body is quite strong and MDMA is sort of a... "benign" drug

Go to sleep, eat good, you'll be fine.

I have a feeling that with those effect lasting that long, damage is done to your Seritonin receptors big time. I don't think any serious long-term health issues will occur because your body will heal itself. I'd stay completely clean from everything, I'm sure you feel depressed but at this point, but doing anything to those dopamine and seritonin receptors will not benifit you in anyway of recovery.

Thanks for the replies guys. My headache seems to have subsided today but I still feel dazed almost constantly.

It puts my mind at ease that you both think that no serious damage has been done, although I do understand that it may take a long period of time to fully recover from my foolishness.

I've been reading up on all the post roll supplements that are available and I've placed an order for them all, hopefully that will help

Thanks again :)

As always, go see a doc if you're concerned about your health.

You definitely need a break. Mdma is taxing physically and mentally. Most people who drop mdma take it at night, stay up until the morning and don't get proper sleep. That in itself can make you feel weak, dizzy, etc. especially if you do it often. I would know, heh.

At the same time, the human body is strong. It can regenerate to an extent, and it should be obvious that the more you take care of it, the better it can handle stress. Most of the perceivable damage you feel after the trip is curable, but only through abstinence and health maintenance.

In this context, it'll only get better. :)

MDMA is sort of a... "benign" drug

I would disagree with this; in fact I would say it is one of the least benign drugs as with most other drugs you can use it at a higher frequency without causing considerable damage to yourself than with this.

I would disagree with this; in fact I would say it is one of the least benign drugs as with most other drugs you can use it at a higher frequency without causing considerable damage to yourself than with this.

Not trying to start a war cause this would be way out of topic but (I know its wiki but hey wiki isnt THAT bad)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_harmfulness#/media/File:2011_Drug_Harms_Rankings.png

Also
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...afe-for-adults-health-official-says-1.1229517

Also why would some doc allow the use of the substance to cure?
http://www.mdmaptsd.org/

Last edited: