• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Have I done any permanent damage?? (DPH)

Fadedlyne

Greenlighter
Hey sorry if this post is in the wrong forums I just need some advice from people experienced with this substance.

I've had lower back issues before, about 3 weeks ago I picked up a bottle of ibuprofen but didn't realize I actually had bought ibuprofen PM, which contains 38mg of diphenhydramine per pill. I started taking these like you would normal ibuprofen, 3-4 every 4 or 5 hours a few times a day, I'd estimate I was taking about 300mg of DPH a day.

I had just quit phenibut right before this so I was attributing my dissociated, delerious mindset to coming off of that and attributing it to anxiety as well, but after the first week and a half I started freaking out thinking I was losing my mind

I barely remember the last 2 weeks or so, it's been about 30 hours since I realized this and quit taking it but my thinking still isn't clear and I still feel out of it how long will this last? What a horrifying experience this has been, I've been working 40 hours a week on recreational doses of this stuff

Edit: I forgot to mention I also taking mirtazapine 15mg at night so I had basically been taking a super anti histamine at night and 100-150mg of DPH throughout the day

From what I read on here, it's pretty common to feel a bit weird after taking that stuff. You'll probably feel a bit better in a few days. Just try and take your mind off it.

300 mg of diphenhydramine spaced throughout the entire day is not a recreational dose. Even medical doses can cause weird stupors and memory loss. You'll be fine, just give your mind some time to get back to normal. Especially after only thirty hours, your last dose is still in your system.

You may have roughed your acetylcholine system up a bit but you'll most likely recover. Even if you don't smoke, if you're ever feeling miserable, take a puff off of someone's e-cig and it will stimulate your cholinergic system for a little bit and possibly clear things up for you temporarily. Also there are nootropics which can help with this. Do some research on nootropics and your cholinergic system.

I think the real damage would be from taking 3-4 ibuprofen every couple of hours. More and more studies are coming out showing that NSAIDs are bad for you at much lower doses than we'd previously thought. That amount is sure to be causing damage.

Yeah seriously. I take lots of nsaids due to chronic pain. I know tylenol is bad, but ibuprofen? He was always tylenols cool cousin that never hung out with hydrocodone, or oxycodone...now what will I take.

Actually manboy I can't take Tylenol so I was prescribed hydroprofen which is a mix of hydrocodone and ibuprofen(they do hang out from time to time). Also I'm a pm patient and take lots of nsaids and they can cause ulcers,damage small intestine,gi tact,and esophagus but that is heavy doses and long time use. A lot of those issues can be solved taking them with food although older people can't handle them as well even with food. No where near as bad as Tylenol!

I meant vicoprofen!

Last edited:
The anti-cholinergic effects can linger a little while but after you get a few nights rest I think you will be back to normal. Mirtazapine is a tad anti-cholinergic as well but I wouldn't worry about it, you need your sleep. Maybe if things are still off a couple months from now you could consider the mirtazapine contributing. You could look into something for your acetylcholine if things don't get back to normal, but the only thing that could really stick around (has really only been known to happen rarely at high doses) long after this drug is really cleared from your system and your mind comes back (couple weeks) is HPPD, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Also I wouldn't expect memory of the past 2 weeks to return, the memories were not formed back then and you can't really retro-actively form those memories so don't be looking for those memories to return as a sign of your recovery, missing the past two weeks from your brain will likely be messing with your psyche a lot too..