• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Have I created a xanax tolerance?

xannyhead

Bluelighter
I have tried xanax 4 times: 3 footballs (1mg) and the in the 4th time i popped the 2mg bar, all in 2 months. I was wondering if, since I popped 5mg of xanax, have I created a tolerance to xanax? Bc I read you only create tolerance to xanax within weeks

For the record, 3 footballs is 0.75 mg :p

You have ABSOLUTELY not created any tolerance to Xanax. Your tolerance begins with increased consistent use. Using Xanax in low doses such as you have only twice in 2 months will not create a tolerance.

Using Xanax daily will create a very fast building tolerance. Weekly will decrease the speed, and so forth.

ty, but there is also the 1mg xanax pill that is not like the bar, that was the one I meant

Xanax tolerance is the kinda thing you can avoid forever but quickly ruin forever. But for Xanax tolerance to develop your brain itself is in shambles so its obvious its not a "drug" tolerance the entire equilibrium of your existance is thrown to the dogs if youv built any xanax tolerance if you are not currently On the dose of xanax you arent tolerant to.

Get it? If you had any xanax tolerance at all, you would have to currently be on xanax to not be shitting yourself right now at an adequate amount.

You shouldn't have created a tolerance, 5 mg of alprazolam over two month isn't that much. It usually needs daily dosing or higher doeses every other day for a few days or even weeks. But imo you should stop now as long as you still can. Do you take it for panic attacks or just for fun ?

Bro I'm the one who creates a Xanax tolerance this week lol....
I used benzos daily for 3 years never went above .5-1 mg of Xanax or 5-10 mgs Valium a day, well this passed week I kept popping 1 bar at a time cause it gave me a sedating rush of relaxation with a blunt that became a daily thing this week and now when I wake up I take the bar and it feels the same as when I would take my .5 in the morning 1-2 weeks ago :/

Now I need 1.5-2 bars at once to get that buzz it's not worth it and now I'm asking for extra withdrawals on top of my opiate problem (my dumbass was sorta trying to take more benzos with the weeed to taper down the tar which worked for now)

I have been taking X for 5 years under a doctors prescription. The worst withdrawal was inability to concentrate and stiffness. Now I'm 4 days off it and it sucks for me.

Last edited:
You shouldn't have created a tolerance, 5 mg of alprazolam over two month isn't that much. It usually needs daily dosing or higher doeses every other day for a few days or even weeks. But imo you should stop now as long as you still can. Do you take it for panic attacks or just for fun ?

just for fun, and I feel like it makes me more social. The last time I took it was this wednesday, bc I switched schools mid-year and was anxious. I Think I wont take no more xans.