• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Have epidural injection tomorrow and have question about sub

Oxygod126

Bluelighter
Ok so I will try to make this as short as possible. I just turned 27 and have had 2 back surgeries in the last 2 years. I have herniated disks, degenerate disk disease, and nerve damage. Basically, I’m in pain constantly. My surgeon was helping me out with pain meds but he said he can no longer prescribe for me as the protocol for the hospital I use says a surgeon can only prescribe for a certain period of time after an operation. If a patient still requires pain medication than I have to go to pain management, which I have been going. The problem is PM is literally useless. Because of this “opioid epidemic” and my age they absolutely refuse to give me anything. Also, I have IGA nephrology which is a progressive kidney disease in stage 3 at the moment, which also means I cannot take any NSAIDS.

So Because pm doesn’t prescribe any pain medication for me I have been getting 30 mg oxy from the streets and self medicating. The problem is I ran out last week, and because I’m in constant pain started taking small amounts of suboxone which actually have helped a little bit.

now here’s my question. I have an epidural injection for my back on Monday morning, and was wondering if the suboxone will have any adverse effects for the infection or screw it up in anyways!?

hi..
depends ur using style, bup is longer acting opioid and in hospitals they need rapid acting pain relief.. in my case i had in presc. tramals, pregabalin, benz. and they put epidural fentanyl and 2 other anaestesics.. for week or two