• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Have a confusing question, please help!

Kandy1679

Greenlighter
Hi. I have been taking perc's 10/325's for a little over 2 years now. I'm prescribed 90 a month, and every single month I end up running out because I take 4 or more a day. I had gastric bypass surgery in 2004, so I don't absorb things the way most people do. I need to take at least 4 a day sometimes I take 5 or 6, at the most I think I've taken 7, or else it doesn't help my chronic pain. I am having a hard time finding a pain management doc who can help me get the amount I need, it's so frustrating! Every month I end up going crazy trying to find someone to buy from, and usually end up going through withdrawal for a few days.

A friend of mine takes suboxone, and she gave me some to help with withdrawal. I've never taken it before. I took my last perc on Saturday night, it is now Tuesday night. My friend takes 8mg strips, she cut them into 8th's for me. I took one 8th last night at 7:30pm, and then another 8th at 6:30am because I was starting to get restless. I finally got some percs back, so I want to know if it's ok to take one now since I barely took any suboxone and when I took it was 14 hours ago. Keep in mind I also have absorption issues. Thanks for the help!

You can take the perc, but it might be a waste. Buprenorphine has a high binding affinity for the receptors and wont let the oxy in. You might feel some of the perc, but it wont be as much as usual. I usually try to wait 36 hours. That is after daily suboxone use. It might be less for you since it was just a two-time dose.

Yeah I was thinking it might be fine because I only took a tiny bit of suboxone, 1/4 of a strip and I already feel withdrawal symptoms again. The suboxone really didn't do much for me at all either.

2mg buprenorphine done properly is not a small dose-300 micrograms is considered an analgesic dose

Anyway once in wd you can pretty much take another opioid, of course waiting a bit longer will decrease the chance of any blockage, however at this point, 14 hours, you can if you want

Bu the way, gastric bypass increases the absorption of opioids, especially if BMI has decreased (in which case it can dramatically effect certain meds)

2mg buprenorphine done properly is not a small dose-300 micrograms is considered an analgesic dose

Anyway once in wd you can pretty much take another opioid, of course waiting a bit longer will decrease the chance of any blockage, however at this point, 14 hours, you can if you want

Bu the way, gastric bypass increases the absorption of opioids, especially if BMI has decreased (in which case it can dramatically effect certain meds)

Well I just meant "small" in comparison to what I've seen others take.

Ok well I just took one so we will see what happens.

Oh, well I had my surgery 14 years ago, and I have always had absorption issues. I can't even take time released medication, and have to inject b12 monthly. Unfortunately after 14 years the BMI went back up, so that isn't a problem at the moment lol