• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

have 8 month old weed in a glass jar that i have been using sporadically on and off..

euphoria445

Bluelighter
how long can i keep smoking it?i don't pick up another batch for a long time(maybe a month or two) so i've been just been going off this one for awhile and have kept it stored,the potency seems to be fine even if i don't smoke it for long perioids,and i've checked for other things such as mold etc...and it's nowhere to be found,weed is dry,but i'm concerned that it might be getting too old to keep...like i said though it still does the job...is it still relatively safe to smoke?

Should be fine. I've used weed that was 6+ months old that was stored in a mason jar and like you said other than being dry which I prefer since I vape I never had any problems from it.

Being sealed in a glass jar it should last quite a while, you should be fine if no mould is present and it is kept out of sunlight in a cool place.

thanks guys...i just don't wan't to get sick from it...the other day i had a stomach virus,but i don't think i can attribute it from the weed...but i was stoned...and i just notice that the day after it was making me a bit tired then normal,like an inner fatigue..i didn't want to bring this up in this thread but on a side note i'm on the prescription med (lexapro).which i'm wondering if there was a factor in contributing to the inner fatigue afterwards.....overall just wanna make sure it's not the weed itself

Last edited:
Seeing this post I remembered I actually had some old weed stashed away I had forgotten about. It is now 1 year old and has only been sealed in a plastic baggie. Is there any point in smoking this?

I have found that if the weed is stored alright and it isn't exposed to too much oxygen/moisture, then it may become even more tasty with the additional curing.

Once I found a bud that had been lying in a dusty corner under some stairs, no baggie, for over 4 years and when I smoked it I still got very stoned. Tasted dusty but not too gross.

Edit, oh and also on new years eve my friend gave me a few buds that he had been saving since he gave up 2 years ago. Was just stored in a baggie at room temp and it tasted fine.

Last edited:
I have kept weed in glass jars for over a few months and it only gets better.

I even got a plastic bag in the freezer for over a year and it was perfect.

my friend's mom found a joint from when she was pregnant with my friend (it was for after the birth) and we smoked it 25 years later and it was fine.

It'll generally be fine, especially if it was dry/cured when it went into a sealed container.

If you plan on using from a large amount you plan on keeping for large period you're best taking little bits from the larger glass jar into something smaller to avoid opening the large jar often.

thanks everyone for the responses,not trying to bump this up ,but just to update, today it felt like i got a high that was similar to my first few times when i started smoking years ago,all i did was use a DIFFERENT one-hitter piepe,and took CLEAN hits,2 solid ones,and it made all the difference,the euphoria was even back,and was lacking a bit the last time..so yes the weed works good still despite the 8 month thing.. took a tolerance break and smoked up yesterday,and was not as high,and the high lacked some of fun euphoric points(was more paranoid and zonked than anything)....surprised just switching pieces and packing different made the difference..