• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Hash that is not actually hash

imblue420

Greenlighter
Hi new here :), besides weed and some pills here and there I don't really do drugs. But something I took got me perplexed even to this day. So, about a month ago, it was the first time I met with this dealer to buy some weed. Nothing out of unusual except he told me he doesn't have any weed and he will give me some hash instead. I said ok and head home. And now the interesting part: This 'hash' was really strange. I mean it looked ok, it was brown and shaped like a chocolate tablet but oh boy it was hard, and when I say hard, I mean hard like a rock. It was pretty odorless, maybe with some weed smell here and there, but as I said, for the most part odorless. I tried to heat it up to be more malleable but to no avail it stood hard like a rock. After I saw that, I took I knife and started to cut/grind through it. After 15 min I finally managed to cut enough pieces to make a spliff. Now, after I lighted it up, that odorless smell transformed into a soap/chemical smell. Maybe the best idea was to stop there but hey I had nothing else to do so I continued. It was very hard to smoke especially because I needed to keep it almost perpendicular because those little pieces didn't burn properly and kept falling on the carpet floor. After a little while my roommate who doesn't smoke weed that much came along and joined me. When it was almost over, strange things started to happen, as I said before my roommate doesn't smoke that much but he is by no means a stranger to weed. He looked strange, dizzy like he wanted to throw up but couldn't. I asked him what's wrong and after being non responsive for a minute he told me that he is about to faint. I told him to go and sit down while I prepared my phone to call the emergency service in case he actually fainted. And now my turn, after he sat down and I finished the spliff, I was still pretty much ok, so i went to talk to him to make sure he is ok. After a minute or so, the walls started to breathe and I felt high but (sorry is a little hard to explain) it was not that weed high, it felt like the weed high but more forced, more fake, not unpleasant but not really great. After a while that feeling transformed into an excellent feeling. I felt excellent and full of energy. Even my roommate seemed much better. At the end of the night, my roommate went in his room to sleep, and after I made sure he still breaths in his sleep, I went in my room to sleep too. But I couldn't it was like something still keept me awake, especially it felt like ketamine still kept me awake which was really strange also. The next day my roommate felt great but I had a headache like I drank alcohol all night. And that is the story, I asked my friends, searched the web etc but I don't seem to find an answer about what the hell this 'hash' was. I hope I didn't missed any important details, the old sorry for my english (not my first language), and maybe you guys can help me in this regard.

It sounds like you had a piece of the hash called soapbar given the hard consistency and the smell, but soapbar is known to be very weak in effects...
We cannot know what it was over the internet though, but for safety I would recommend you test the hash for synthetic cannabis if you can,and if you can't just throw it away.
Don't take a drug you are not sure what it is.

It sounds like you had a piece of the hash called soapbar given the hard consistency and the smell, but soapbar is known to be very weak in effects...
We cannot know what it was over the internet though, but for safety I would recommend you test the hash for synthetic cannabis if you can,and if you can't just throw it away.
Don't take a drug you are not sure what it is.
Thanks for replying, that crap is long gone so I have no way to test it.
But after some extended research, I strongly believe that thing was indeed a soapbar.
Ugh, I don't even want to think about what strange compound gave me that strong 'high' I was experiencing.
I should definitely be more careful, thank you again and have a nice day

i had something like that a long time ago, it was so hard hard couldn't do anything but shave bits of with a razor and smoked on top of tobacco.

im glad i have much better hash now

As far as I know, good hash will melt when you put a flame to it, and be malleable when hot, because of a high oil content.

i had something like that a long time ago, it was so hard hard couldn't do anything but shave bits of with a razor and smoked on top of tobacco.

im glad i have much better hash now
Now that I think about it, shaving it would have been a better/faster idea XD
Do you remember what effect it had?
And one more question I absolutely never heard of hash that is made out of noids, but I see people keep telling me that they were most likely noids.
What do you think?

As far as I know, good hash will melt when you put a flame to it, and be malleable when hot, because of a high oil content.
The hash I had was absolutely not like that.
I even tried to put it in water because as I said, when i lighted it up it smelled really strong like soap, so I thought it was actually soap XD
Now, the funny part is that when I took it out of the water it was pretty much dry???
I guess I will never know absolutely for sure what kind of chemical bomb I smoked, but all your replies really help in getting closer to the truth.
My personal conclusion it's that it was pine resin with noids and some ketamine. And maybe some glue to keep it all together XD

I actually heard of a guy here in Norway who sold ...what was it... damiana leaves? Mixed with synthetic cannabinoids, sold as "pot".

:/

I tried having a hit of that stuff, didn't get stoned, but "highly psychotic" lol. Poor kids who were buying that shit.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if some enterprising scumfucks were starting to press synthnoids in with low grade hash and whatever other shit was used to make 'soapbar' and its predecessor, 'formula', to pep it up a bit. I'm just surprised its taken so long.

Formula hit the UK in the late 80s after years of being spoilt with tons of quality hashish from Howard Marks. It was very dark in colour and so hard I've literally had to get a hammer and chisel on it to break it into personal amounts. This revealed a crystalline structure inside. It required intense amounts of heat to soften enough to crumble into a joint and the best you got was a couple of seconds of minimal pliability before It solidified again - this shit was fuckin hot rock city! Too much heat and it gave off a thick black smoke that smelled of chemicals. Looking back on it, I can't believe we smoked this stuff, but it did have an effect - not really the desired effect, but when that was all you could get, it sufficed.

In comparison, the subsequent deluge of soapbar (plastic bits and all) was a godsend. At least it was possible to skin up with soapbar...

Apologies for the history lesson, but my point is that if all these synthnoids had been easily accessible back then, i'm sure that's what would have been put into the so called 'hash' during that period before growing quality weed took off in a big way over here. But now that synthnoids are available, then anything is possible.

Last edited:
I have not heard of big batches of soapbar to be spiced with synth noids, but as the process is trivial I would not be surprised if some local entrepreneur did it to have something to sell during a temporary draught.

Thank you very much for all the replies :)
I'm very excited to see all of your experienced opinions on the matter.
Anyways there is something more to the story that didn't seem important, but now I believe it is:
It wasn't actually the first time I took this hash, it was the second and last. The first time however was different.
The first time, I was with another friend of mine and we went to a dealer that he knew (the 'hash' was the same but the dealers were different).
As I said, the 'hash' was exactly the same but the effect was much weaker (is true that I also smoked less than the second time but not really by much)
Know my question for you is:
Is it possible that the second dealer sprayed something over his 'hash' to make it more potent?
And if so, is there a possibility that the thing he sprayed was neurotoxic?

I've never come across hash that didn't soften / burn when a flame was applied to it and I've tried Moroccan, Lebanese, Pakistani, Nepalese, Dutch, i.e. almost every type you can find.

It's possible he literally sold you some sort of rock sprayed with synthetic cannabinoids. There's no way to know which synthetic cannabinoid it could have been without testing in a lab, so can't say for sure if it was toxic or not.

But just avoid that dealer at all costs. Was this in Europe or the US or Oz or where?

I've never come across hash that didn't soften / burn when a flame was applied to it and I've tried Moroccan, Lebanese, Pakistani, Nepalese, Dutch, i.e. almost every type you can find.

It's possible he literally sold you some sort of rock sprayed with synthetic cannabinoids. There's no way to know which synthetic cannabinoid it could have been without testing in a lab, so can't say for sure if it was toxic or not.

But just avoid that dealer at all costs. Was this in Europe or the US or Oz or where?

He sold him soapbar, going by the description given.
You are very lucky to never have met that horrible product, I hope you never have to choose between smoking that or nothing.
But it exists in Europe as the cheapest cannabis product.
I have read about how it is made ad there is some cannabis material that goes into it but apparently material derived from other plants is used as well as cut.
That's why it does not behave like normal hash.

You are very lucky to never have met that horrible product,

Oh I've had soapbar with the bits of plastic in it and all (but I try to forget those experiences :|) but even the soap I've smoked does something when you apply a direct flame to it. From his description whatever he got sounds like it needs to melt at 8000°C....

There is soapbar, and then there is old, dried up, dug up from underground after a few year's stretch in prison soapbar.
If it smokes, even poorly, and it's got the proverbial carpet/tracksuit/car seat/bed covers penetrating comets raining from the spliff, it is not a rock or asphalt, it's just the lowest and most vile cannabis product.