• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

hash oil/anxiety

The Doc.

Bluelighter
Hey there I've smoked marijuana everyday for almost a decade with no problems. I was a heroin addict all that time too but when I quit heroin and started smoking only pot I noticed if I smoke a bit too much like When I smoke a whole doobie by myself I will get a panic attack. Its never happened before and I've smoked like crazy all these years every 420 me and my buds smoke a one ounce super blunt and I'm always the last person left standing still smoking. Its just came on one day. So is stopped for a while then started smoking one or 2 hits out of MY pipe of good AAA buds Insyead of a whole joint. I found if I ever smoked more then anxiety would set in giving me a panic attack.
Recently I've been buying this stuff called shatter and then i also get sone budder it looks like ear wax but its refined hash oil. I find if I smoke a bunch at night time to get really stoned I can smoke and smoke without anxiety I just get the good effects from the weed.
I was wondering if anybody knows if there is something in the cannabis plant that when smoked gives anxiety because the hash never made feel anxious only the plant itself. I find different strains can do it more so than others .

Well that's just it, some strains have more of a tendency to produce anxiety than others.

Specifically, strains with little-to-no Myrcene, one of the terpenes present in cannabis, will be much more likely to produce anxiety.

Also, if you can find strains high in CBD you'll find they're more effective at relieving anxiety.

As far as shatter/hash being more effective... How are you consuming it? If you're vaping it (in a pen or dabbing), then that could be beneficial. Also, some people just experience better effects from not smoking, BUT, shatter allows you to consume a lot of cannabinoids very quickly, so with the strong strain it still has the potential to make you anxious. (but based on experience possibly less likely?)

I'm vaporising it and inhaling the smoke through a straw. Think that could be why cause I'm not actually smoking I'm vaping it

Are you heating your BHO on tinfoil? If so, I'd advise you to stop and invest in a cheap glass oil pipe or a vape pen. Tinfoil is toxic, and it's not hard to overheat it and inhale the toxins. Besides, you lose quite a bit of product when you "chase the dragon." I'm ashamed to say that I've resorted to that in my most desperate of times, but every time resulted in a headache and dizziness, increased agitation, etc.

A good way to ease your anxiety is to take a one or two day break, honestly. It's worked for me several times over the years and it's not excruciating; you're only going without THC for a short period of time.

Yep I am I used to smoke heroin so I don't waste a drop of bho ;)
And smoking on tinfoil is bad I know but I can't find a proper pipe and smoking it wastes a lot it needs to be vaped.
Mabye I should invest in a vaporiser.

I'd day it has to do with the fact that you're no longer on the opiates. i have weed induced anxiety from time to time when i get super duper blazed, but never if i'm on opiates as well. the comforting feeling of the opiates basically just doesn't allow you to get worried cause you're too high...

thats just my two sense.