• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Hash extraction w/ defat or edibles/tincture

Zephyn

Bluelighter
I have a few ounces of micro nugs from low quality outdoor. Its almost pointless to smoke it, with my tolerance. I'm thinking of making some hash. Would making BHO be worth it or is it mostly just the trichomes which are gone from this (pretty sure it's been sifted). Would isopropyl hash be better? Is there a way to do a defat and remove plant oils before extracting with isopropyl? Maybe washing with water first as thc isn't water soluble? Maybe using charcoal to pull the chlorophyll out (will that also take the thc?).

Or should I just make a tincture for oral use?

That said, even smoking pure delta 8 distillate barely gets me high. Probably from when I was smoking normal delta 9 dabs regularly a few months ago. I might just need a year off, 60 days doesn't seem to make a difference.

I’d make a tincture. That way you have the ability to dose high enough to cut through your high tolerance no?

Lol! I make my tincture with kief. I dry ice shake the trim. Save the first shaking w the pristine stuff for pressing into hash pucks. I’ve had it Come back as high as 63% which is great if there is a strong pronounced flavor. If I don’t cure my trim all the way and loose patience therefore processing it too early the smell and flavor are almost non existent and I can’t make a descent profit. It took me some time to get the curing step down. In earlier days curing meant nothing to me. I thought it was just a fancy way to say “it’s dry”. Besides I didn’t have the luxury to be sitting on a bunch of home grown for 8 weeks while it cured. That shit was always sold just as soon as it was dry enough to smoke in a joint. When done properly however the transformation is truly remarkable. I find very little on the black market as well as the few dispensaries I’ve visited where the product has been cured properly. Some people still think flushing and curing is a myth or some shit. Just like global warming isn’t real either lol!!
I’ve been in large commercial operations in Maine where the term curing is what a doctor does to a sick person. It’s cut, hang, dry, trim, bag it up and sell it as quickly as possible. It’s all about production. Not everywhere but enough to give people like me a nice niche in “gourmet flowers” priced a bit higher with folks happy to pay the little extra.
Some have never had properly grow and lovingly cured ganja. They think that if it comes from a legal dispensary it is at its full potential. As good as it can get. I selfishly like it this wsy. Otherwise I’d hafta fight and claw my way up to compete compared to no competition.

Lol! I make my tincture with kief. I dry ice shake the trim. Save the first shaking w the pristine stuff for pressing into hash pucks. I’ve had it Come back as high as 63% which is great if there is a strong pronounced flavor. If I don’t cure my trim all the way and loose patience therefore processing it too early the smell and flavor are almost non existent and I can’t make a descent profit. It took me some time to get the curing step down. In earlier days curing meant nothing to me. I thought it was just a fancy way to say “it’s dry”. Besides I didn’t have the luxury to be sitting on a bunch of home grown for 8 weeks while it cured. That shit was always sold just as soon as it was dry enough to smoke in a joint. When done properly however the transformation is truly remarkable. I find very little on the black market as well as the few dispensaries I’ve visited where the product has been cured properly. Some people still think flushing and curing is a myth or some shit. Just like global warming isn’t real either lol!!
I’ve been in large commercial operations in Maine where the term curing is what a doctor does to a sick person. It’s cut, hang, dry, trim, bag it up and sell it as quickly as possible. It’s all about production. Not everywhere but enough to give people like me a nice niche in “gourmet flowers” priced a bit higher with folks happy to pay the little extra.
Some have never had properly grow and lovingly cured ganja. They think that if it comes from a legal dispensary it is at its full potential. As good as it can get. I selfishly like it this wsy. Otherwise I’d hafta fight and claw my way up to compete compared to no competition.
It depends on the climate i think too, I noticed a lot of Colorado weed is very dry, even the indoor stuff, can crumble it into sand. As opposed to California weed.

Anyway, there's like a half ounce left so pointless. Think I'm gonna take a few months tolerance break and then get some bubble hash

A half oz is plenty for tincture. I imagine you would get SEVERAL super potent doses enough to make even you walk with a little wobble. It doesn’t take long to make.