• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Pharmacology Has this phenethyl amine ever been made or sampled?

This thread contains discussion about a Pharmacology-related topic

LucidSDreamr

Bluelighter
IMG-0598.jpg
Has this substituted 6APB like phenethyl amine lacking the distinguishing alpha methyl that amps have ever been made or tested? Or the N methyl version? Or the actual alpha methyl amphetamine derivative?

I have no interest in trying it as I can not do stimulants or psychs at all do to health reasons and I always hated stims anyways and psychs were more a curiosity in my youth but not exactly fun to me.

Something sparked my interest about it though.

Last edited:
Has this substituted 6APB like phenethyl amine lacking the distinguishing alpha methyl that amps have ever been made or tested? Or the N methyl version? Or the actual alpha methyl amphetamine derivative?

the 2,5 dimethoxy substituted version of the alpha methylated version has been proposed by fnb as a dob replacement. never showed up in any paper though afaik.

Well, it shows up in PubChem.

I'm GUESSING that recent patent in which the inventors cover tens of thousands of benzofuran compounds merely by finding a general route. For that I presume one would need the appropriately substituted benzaldehyde (no small task).

But not patent is given and no CAS number has been assigned so I'm guessing that if it HAS been made, it will be via HTS yielding truly tiny amounts.

Is their some specific reason this compound is of interest? I cannot see anything really unusual in it's structure.

The 2,5 dimethoxy substituted version of the alpha methylated version has been proposed by fnb as a dob replacement. never showed up in any paper though afaik.

Have to correct myself here, he voted for this compound:

Ah, that makes much more sense.

Now the aromatic is a benzofuran rather than a ring-substituted benzene and so pi bonding will be present.

Experience has shown that obtaining the appropriate benzaldehyde.

I saw multiple NMR/GCMS sets of 5/6 (M)APB samples and they always contained positional isomers. So while it's very likely to be a reasonable substitute in theory, I sincerely doubt it's very practical. IF someone has already optimized a route to the appropriate aldehyde then yes, it will likely work.