• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Has ecstasy disappeared?

krisnicole26

Greenlighter
My DOC by far is ecstasy and this Molly stuff is not the same....I haven't been able to find any old school pill pressed rolls in years and I'm wondering if they are gone for good?

Pressed pills are Russian roulette. You can't find them as much anymore because everything has shifted to capsules, whether fake or not. People know that pure MDMA usually comes as a powder now so they're expecting a powder and even the duds will look like that.

Of course, I'm speaking from my part of the world.

The opposite seems to be true in Australia - this summer has seen a glut of mdma pills on the market - apparently imports.

As long as the demand is there, then it will be around.

Are you reagent testing? MDMA is MDMA, whether it's in powder, crystal, or pill form. Your "molly" may not be what you think it is, especially if you're in the USA.

I do miss back in the day top quality mdma pills.
Ive had plenty of real mdma in recent years but the grade of quality is nothing compared to mdma from several years.

It doesnt have the super power that it used to. I think its do to synthesis short cuts or newer methods that are about money and not quality.

Are you reagent testing? MDMA is MDMA, whether it's in powder, crystal, or pill form. Your "molly" may not be what you think it is, especially if you're in the USA.
True mdma is mdma but some mdma is more well done than others. Just like how there is different grades of steel(stainless steel, surgical grade steel, etc.) Some mdma is of higher grades than others. Two different batches of mdma can have same purity and give slightly different results. One may be made with more professional skill resulting in a better grade product.

I know many people that still sell tablets in the United States. Just network a little with your druggy friends and dealers, pills will never dissapear.

Strangely enough there was recently a wave of oldschool white lightningbolts (MDA) that were from way back when that hit my state.

I know all my friends keep only finding bk mdma when searching for any type of E

A lot of people in EADD are complaining about the quality of the mdma being made in holland and exported in the high dose super pills. A lot of people report that this mdma has no euphoria, no energy or loved up feeling. They are using a new precursor to make the mdma now and the theory is this has affected the quality of the mdma.

I don't understand how this 'poorer quality MDMA' could be possible, though I believe I may have experienced the same thing. MDMA is surely MDMA, the only thing that determines the quality is how close to 99.9% pure (pharmaceutical grade) the powder is, but even then, the effects should not be different if MDMA is the only active compound present, just higher doses will be needed with lower purity samples. The only thing I can think is that the isomer ratio may perhaps be different with different precursors? But I don't know enough chemistry to confirm that.

I don't understand how this 'poorer quality MDMA' could be possible, though I believe I may have experienced the same thing. MDMA is surely MDMA, the only thing that determines the quality is how close to 99.9% pure (pharmaceutical grade) the powder is, but even then, the effects should not be different if MDMA is the only active compound present, just higher doses will be needed with lower purity samples. The only thing I can think is that the isomer ratio may perhaps be different with different precursors? But I don't know enough chemistry to confirm that.

Whatever it is there is a lot of people in EADD convinced that the mdma being made now is shite. It's not just one or two people either..it's the overwhelming concencus. It tests up different too...straight to black instead of purple/black

Whatever it is there is a lot of people in EADD convinced that the mdma being made now is shite. It's not just one or two people either..it's the overwhelming concencus. It tests up different too...straight to black instead of purple/black

It's all anectdotal no actual evidence. But what has been theorised;

*the marquis reaction indeed goes straight black or even hints of brown black. It always used to go purple
*amounts per pill have increased dramatically during last 3 - 4 years. People are now dropping 200+ mg when originally 120mg was plenty
*lots of new synthesis routes which increase yield, reduce the costs and process time but leave greater impurity.
*many user reports of being spaced out inebriation rather than euphoria and empathy.
* new precursors being used to reduce costs and process times.
* MDMA has reduced in price dramatically
*shorter duration 2 - 3 hr experience.

Test kits and GC /MS have worked for us but now they are potentially being used to fool us. Yes MDMA is MDMA but no test determines the quality of the synth, what trace impurity present or the isomer ratio.

Biggest plausible theory is that the balance of racemic S to R has altered due to some of the above factors, poor chemists and quite simply it's now all about the money for the big name pill makers n N. Europe.

Shulgin did work on this and noted S gives the qualities we look for in MDMA. R is lacking and is a more subdued and inebriated experience. He suggested a balance of both was needed but favouring S. His original snyth route using safferole was used because it favours S.

It's also theorised that the R predominant will have less impact neurologically so users are now more able to do these huge doses, effectively.

In all its great for the producer.

No body actually tests for this just is it MDMA.

Everyone is right MDMA is indeed MDMA but I don't think I've ever met anyone who said all pills or crystal are the same. Yes impurities and cuts but side by side GC/MS one product can vary considerably to another. Set and setting of course have to be considered.

However from personal experience a dark brown or black flair on the marquis within the first 3 - 5 seconds appears to highlight R predominant or at least product which will deliver a more introspective and inebriated high.

Its also worth considering. If someone is used to the R racemic powder and or pill they will consider this their safe dose. The danger is getting hold of S and doing the same amount could well be very dangerous.

Edit - as said all theory and welcome to anyone who can actually disprove or add.

If the compound is MDMA what ever route of synthesis, what ever the starting compounds are and is as close to 99.9% it won't matter what route what so ever. Once it's been washed to be as clean as possible you could have to batches of it, both made in different ways. If they were both 99.9% pure you wouldn't be able to tell any difference. Jeez!

Sorry must add, that both batches must contain the same ratio of enantiomers

Last edited:
When you mess around with x I think it's always a gamble, no matter what. Something I have noticed (at least in my area) the prices of it have gone up. I used to be able to find 10 dollar rolls that were the shit. Past two years, the cheapest one I've gotten(that was actually worth doing) was 20 dollars. This is from the same sources as well.

If the compound is MDMA what ever route of synthesis, what ever the starting compounds are and is as close to 99.9% it won't matter what route what so ever. Once it's been washed to be as clean as possible you could have to batches of it, both made in different ways. If they were both 99.9% pure you wouldn't be able to tell any difference. Jeez!

Sorry must add, that both batches must contain the same ratio of isomers

If you have to add that both batches must be identical then your argument that the effect will be the same is pretty irrelevant. Of course if you made two identical batches the effects are going to be the same.

This is what people are saying - the precursors used and the process in which they treated gives a different version of MDMA. Is it MDMA - yes. Is all MDMA the same - no.

Oh ok! Thanks

There are a few ways to produce what we all would consider 'pure' MDMA. The thing is when people start of with different precursors the end result is different read PIHKAL109 that will explain this in detail. When the precursors (ingredients) of the older MDMA were cracked down on (safrole etc) then the chemists had to change to other precursors, this has led to a different 'end product.

If you check Pillreports you will see me ask the same set of questions - time to come up, effects (pupil dilation, jaw tension, empathy etc) duration, come down, problems sleeping, next day feeling. If you read the reports over a few years you can see the changes in pills - precursors etc.

when i roll on these so called 'super pills' i get an intense euphoric body high that is very spacey out and very flooring. i was on the floor on a '200mg' pill press over the weekend. lasted all night till like 5am. i prefer the 75-100mg doses in crowded settings for this reason. i'm gonna see how 150mg fears. but those 200mg pills are too strong for casual rolling lol.

my friends an i are very impressed with this xtc/mdxx. of course, i'm young and my brain isn't as good as the people that can tell quality difference based on their rolls 'way back when/in the old days' lmao :D