• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Has drug use made your life better or worse?

psytaco

Bluelighter
I was thinking about this today and I am not sure what the answer is for me. It has been a mixed bag.

PROS:
Experienced some incredibly profound, enjoyable and exciting things. Whether it be the spiritual experiences of LSD or DMT, dancing and bonding with people on MDMA, talking to a loved one for hours whilst on cocaine or chilling by myself in bliss with some oxycodone.

I've probably met a lot of people due to an interest in drugs or associated scenes (ie. clubs, doofs, electronic music). Many of my relationships have become stronger as a result of getting on it then bonding and opening up to one another. Particularly if you include things like drinking down at the pub with mates.

CONS:
Addiction - I have been addicted to a few things and know first hand the hell that can occur through that. Fortunately, it hasn't cost me anything great except money and suffering.

Mental health - I thinks drugs have played a role in depressive episodes and anxiety, at least in the first instance.

Money - oh so expensive and wasteful.

So how about you guys. Have drugs made your life better or worse and why?

Well most of the good has been permanent and all of the bad impermanent so yes, drugs have made my life better. They also taught me how to budget and network.

overall better,

worse because i have missed out on developing coping strategies for anxiety and boredom, also it has caused strained relationships with family members/friends

but better because i love drugs and cherish all my positive experiences on them and feel they have made me a stronger person and they have also inspired me to become a better person

Pros: I've had a lot of fun and experienced new things.
Met people I wouldn't have other wise, many who I'm still good friends with.

Cons: My Immune system seemed to take a hammering between about 2002-2006.
I often feel sad that I can't go an re-live the ecstasy honeymoon period, where it was new, exciting, readily available and when I would go to a club / rave / festival the MAJORITY of the crowd was getting on one. It's probably just "Remember when this was Tomtoms" syndrome, but I really do feel like I'm mourning the loss of the scene that I used to love.

Probably worse.

A period of heavy cannabis use + MDMA = memory hasn't been the same since. motivation suffered somewhat.

Opiate addiction (beat) Benzo addiction (beat)

I've had heaps of incredible experiences on the flip side though, and I've met some of my most favorite people.

Finally learnt that I can't keep control while using drugs regularly, so I stay away or only do very occasionally these days. I've probably learnt a lot about myself through the tough times, and my only regret is that period around 2002 where I abused weed and MDMA. I was too young and used way too much, it definitely did some damage (although compared to some people I know, any effects are negligible)

I'll keep this short for now, don't have much time, but....

Drug use has opened my eyes up to who I really am (or seem to think i am), not just phycedelics have done this for me, but many relaxants too.

I was a very angry, close minded person at one stage in my life, and I turned to alcohol because of it (and alcohols legalities), it didn't help at all, I was getting worse and worse, hating myself more and more. Certain drugs that I won't specify made me realise this in a huge way. More so than I could ever believe.

So in some respects you could say yes (they had made my life worse), due to alcohol being a drug and putting me in such a place, but I'll allways remeber I had that rage and disrespect for myself before alcohol abuse.

I could also see how other people would be better off steering clear completely, they don't need them.

But anyway, that's me, I'm being very brief due to time. Maybe later I'll be able to elaborate more.

Good thread!

Last edited:
I'd say drugs have made my life better.

yeah the comedowns suck and that's when I regret taking them, but the positives from all the experiences definitely outweigh the negatives for me :)

Made me more open minded but have done damage to most of my internal organs. Has been bit of a mixed blessing to say the least. Universal understanding, empathy, awareness, spirituality, shamanism, cultural beliefs/ practices vs long term health damage. Living in a heavily populated city will also fuck your health real good so???? Drug addiction/dependence/depression are all negative elements but dealing with and overcoming this has had profoundly positive results for my own mental stability. A double edged sword that perfectly represents the duality of man and the grey area that defines our mind. Are we all sane or just experience various levels of insanity? What is right vs wrong? You should know that doing harm to others is wrong but doing harm to oneself? What are the reasons behind your quest for enlightenment or understanding is anything black and white? Reward vs risk. Are you prepared mentally and physically? These are the questions you must ask yourself. Ask yourself and only then look upon yourself so that you may look deep within yourself and then know yourself as yourself and the true self that can only be yourself. Heard that last bit somewhere but has a certain ring to it.

Also I could just be completely fucking nuts!

Last edited:
I couldn't imagine life without drugs. Ice cold beer, prescribed and otc analgesia, plus smoking helps me focus and relax. Tbh some of my most difficult, unsolvable problems have been solved during moments of clarity whilst smoking. I dont know, I might just be weird.

^ if your weird in that regard, me and a shitload of people I know are too.

Be it smoking or whatever........

I couldn't say either. the worst and the best. It's made me a more open minded person and I suppose I must be grateful for that.

I often feel sad that I can't go an re-live the ecstasy honeymoon period, where it was new, exciting, readily available and when I would go to a club / rave / festival the MAJORITY of the crowd was getting on one. It's probably just "Remember when this was Tomtoms" syndrome, but I really do feel like I'm mourning the loss of the scene that I used to love.

I feel this same, I've been chasing that first couple years of partying for so long now but I know it'll never be the same - everything feels different now. The quality of drugs dropped, and the crowds have become increasingly cunty. I still have a fuck ton of fun, but that awe and amazement, and the ability to make bonds with strangers from all over is becoming more and more rare for me.

Anyways, for me, I'll always cherish my times with drugs and good people, being out and connecting on levels that I would never have though possible. Definitely changed my perspective on life and people, and influenced many people around me for the better.

On the flip side for me, my addictive personality and inability to get out of bad habits has definitely had an effect on my health. I think I would have been much better off at the moment had I not fallen into bad habits with sleeping pills and sedatives. That's my fault though.

Sometimes I think I have problems with drugs

Then I realise I'd have problems without them

We are one and the same.

I suppose it can depend on what type of drug your using too.

MDMA wasn't good for me, I was too young and stupid. Wish I had discovered it when I was older and more responsible.

Great question

Without a doubt that without drugs I would have taken my life years ago. Drugs to me are the direct path to smoother the mental anguish that has always been inside of me, from a very early age. It played that part for 18 years, on a daily basis until I was shown how to deal with the internal conflict without the use of drugs - natural. kinda weird but drugs saved my life and took my life all in one with addiction.....so I would have never found my current path without the intervention of drugs.
It's a very personal experience that one must travel to know the full potential of drugs

for better or worse, i cannot tell, definitely has changed me and my path through this trip called life.

if i had my time over there are some things i would definitely change, however, i would still use to some extent, probably a lot less and a lot later.

c'est la vie

sela